Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

? how to remove camera ?
Had a few issues yesterday working on the 5 cameras set up far from my house. The multiple issues confused the problem solving effort. One issue: I ended up with more cameras on the system than what I had mounted on trees. It wasn't until I got home and was putting away the cameras I didn't have time to mount, that I realized 2 of them were powered on. I reckon I powered them on 6 weeks ago to do settings while at home, and never turned them off. Then yesterday while I was working on my network in the woods, the woods cameras started communicating with the cameras boxed in the truck, and thus I ended up with extras on the network. I think that's pretty funny. Didn't even have the antenna mounted, but I was parked close enough to get a 99 link strength. Boy howdy was I mixed up. Now the extra cameras are indeed turned off, and we're 120 miles from the Cudde network, but the extras are still on the Cudde Report, with pending setting changes that I made. I don't see a "delete" anywhere on Camp. Will Camp drop the unconnected camera after a period of time? Is there a delete technique I don't know about?
Thanks for any assistance.
they will drop off in a day or two you dont need ot do anything, keep in mind the report is not in real time, its a snap shot and will show cameras that lost connection for a day or two.

I have two cuddelink cell cams. One I have had four or five years still going strong. New g cam. Got it working, but the email for my son - same as on the old cam that has worked for four or more years and is still working - the setup menu on computer says not a valid email

? how to remove camera ?
Had a few issues yesterday working on the 5 cameras set up far from my house. The multiple issues confused the problem solving effort. One issue: I ended up with more cameras on the system than what I had mounted on trees. It wasn't until I got home and was putting away the cameras I didn't have time to mount, that I realized 2 of them were powered on. I reckon I powered them on 6 weeks ago to do settings while at home, and never turned them off. Then yesterday while I was working on my network in the woods, the woods cameras started communicating with the cameras boxed in the truck, and thus I ended up with extras on the network. I think that's pretty funny. Didn't even have the antenna mounted, but I was parked close enough to get a 99 link strength. Boy howdy was I mixed up. Now the extra cameras are indeed turned off, and we're 120 miles from the Cudde network, but the extras are still on the Cudde Report, with pending setting changes that I made. I don't see a "delete" anywhere on Camp. Will Camp drop the unconnected camera after a period of time? Is there a delete technique I don't know about?
Thanks for any assistance.
PS the Cudde Report dated this morning still shows the 99 signal strength on a camera that's powered off and in my basement. "Last Updated: 8/23/2024 7:45:43 AM cst" so maybe the timestamp on the report doesn't relate to when the cameras actually communicated.

I have two cuddelink cell cams. One I have had four or five years still going strong. New g cam. Got it working, but the email for my son - same as on the old cam that has worked for four or more years and is still working - the setup menu on computer says not a valid email
you likely will need to get on the phone with someone in CS that can see your account , you can try removing it and then re adding it again,

Fail 061 error message.
This week I was working on several issues with my cam setup. HOME is a G-5109. Repeatedly worked through menus, set-ups, etc on 5 cameras. Initially CELL TEST went fine on the HOME. Couple hrs later, CELL TEST gave a message FAIL 061. Couldn't find it in the paper manuals, didn't have my password to post question here, finally called the factory and the nice lady said USED UP ALL YOUR DATA. So, I paid a little extra for the overdraft protection plan, and immediately the CELL TEST worked. Posting this here in case others do a search for that error. I would describe my normal usage as low, but with trouble-shooting 5 set-ups I suddenly got a couple hundred pictures of this old guy in straw hat. The lady on the phone was obviously busy ('you are 7th in the que'), but very nice to talk to. I think that Wisconsin accent is just too cute. Maybe call her again, ask about deep-fried cheese curds or deep-fried carrot sticks.

Last edited:
I got my first overage charge this month. We have the sheep turned in and I have been trying to suspend cameras during the day, and unsuspending during the night. I set the report interval to 4 a day, and set the time to start an hour after I get up in the morning. I wake up, suspend cameras, eat dinner, unsuspend. This has helped keep the number of photos down. However, I though I read that suspend allows the cam to keep taking pictures, but it will not send any photos captured during suspend. My problem has been when I take it off suspend I get flooded with all those photos it took during suspense. So now I am clearing the ques before taking them out of suspense. This is kind labor intensive. I have not played with the prime time function, but maybe that would be better for my needs.

Any suggestions to reduce unwanted photos when livestock are present during daylight hours.

I got my first overage charge this month. We have the sheep turned in and I have been trying to suspend cameras during the day, and unsuspending during the night. I set the report interval to 4 a day, and set the time to start an hour after I get up in the morning. I wake up, suspend cameras, eat dinner, unsuspend. This has helped keep the number of photos down. However, I though I read that suspend allows the cam to keep taking pictures, but it will not send any photos captured during suspend. My problem has been when I take it off suspend I get flooded with all those photos it took during suspense. So now I am clearing the ques before taking them out of suspense. This is kind labor intensive. I have not played with the prime time function, but maybe that would be better for my needs.

Any suggestions to reduce unwanted photos when livestock are present during daylight hours.
since you need to the cell to communicate a couple times with a remote to enact a change turning it off and on a couple times a day wont work the best , this is more meant for those needing to turn the cameras off occasionally . Keep in mind changes arent made in real time since we are dealing with sending commands via a mesh network with radio frequency .

? change camera name remotely ?
G-5109 home with several LL-2A remotes. I'm trying to change the name of one of the remotes through CAMP (Windows PC), and it won't take. The new name is always in the New Value column. Other settings change as intended. #276 post from 2020 says we CAN change the names remotely. Maybe that's not valid on L series?

I have so much to be thankful for. A wonderful wife, a Cuddelink camera network, and a cultipacker. Wow.

I have changed the names on several L cameras remotely. I had moved them and they got mixed up so I needed to wait for them to take a picture before I gave them their new name (plus it is easier to type it in a computer than on the little screen). Have you tried through the app?

? change camera name remotely ?
G-5109 home with several LL-2A remotes. I'm trying to change the name of one of the remotes through CAMP (Windows PC), and it won't take. The new name is always in the New Value column. Other settings change as intended. #276 post from 2020 says we CAN change the names remotely. Maybe that's not valid on L series?

I have so much to be thankful for. A wonderful wife, a Cuddelink camera network, and a cultipacker. Wow.
I had a weird issue like this. I think I pasted the name into the text box, but it never updated. I later tried typing the name in and realized there's a limit to the length of the camera name. For some reason, it let me paste a name longer than the allowed length.

I had a weird issue like this. I think I pasted the name into the text box, but it never updated. I later tried typing the name in and realized there's a limit to the length of the camera name. For some reason, it let me paste a name longer than the allowed length.
I was trying a longer name than the others. I edited it down to be less than any other name and we'll see if it takes. I hate how often programmers do stuff like this. Give you a big box to type in and don't tell you there's a character limit. I feel like talking about this for awhile, but that's what the therapist is paid for, so I'll spare you guys.

I was trying a longer name than the others. I edited it down to be less than any other name and we'll see if it takes. I hate how often programmers do stuff like this. Give you a big box to type in and don't tell you there's a character limit. I feel like talking about this for awhile, but that's what the therapist is paid for, so I'll spare you guys.
Okay, this is interesting. My interface does limit the character count. This name REPEATER SOLAR CORNE wouldn't let me type the final R (2 months ago). Won't let me keep typing today. I went back to set up for the camera I want to change. that hasn't worked, and it says CENTRAL PERSIMMON GROVE pending, which is pretty long. I changed it to CENTRAL PERSI GROVE, which is shorter than others, and should work. Okay, here's the wierdosity: I tried to type CENTRAL PERSIMMON GROVE again, and it won't let me. stops at CENTRAL PERSIMMON GR.
So, I think you're right, that the character length was too long, but I don't know how I got the longer name in before, August 22 if it matters. Must have been a temporary software bug that they fixed.
We'll watch and see if the new shorter name takes.

Okay, this is interesting. My interface does limit the character count. This name REPEATER SOLAR CORNE wouldn't let me type the final R (2 months ago). Won't let me keep typing today. I went back to set up for the camera I want to change. that hasn't worked, and it says CENTRAL PERSIMMON GROVE pending, which is pretty long. I changed it to CENTRAL PERSI GROVE, which is shorter than others, and should work. Okay, here's the wierdosity: I tried to type CENTRAL PERSIMMON GROVE again, and it won't let me. stops at CENTRAL PERSIMMON GR.
So, I think you're right, that the character length was too long, but I don't know how I got the longer name in before, August 22 if it matters. Must have been a temporary software bug that they fixed.
I ran into this a few weeks ago. I MIGHT have initially tried changing the name in the app. I checked the next day in the CAMP website when I was working, and saw it hadn't updated. I deleted it and changed it in CAMP, noticed the issue with the character limit. I have mixed feelings on the quality in the app. Here's hoping to the upcoming changes address it's short comings. @john volkman, is this a known issue/bug and going to get fixed?

I ran into this a few weeks ago. I MIGHT have initially tried changing the name in the app. I checked the next day in the CAMP website when I was working, and saw it hadn't updated. I deleted it and changed it in CAMP, noticed the issue with the character limit. I have mixed feelings on the quality in the app. Here's hoping to the upcoming changes address it's short comings. @john volkman, is this a known issue/bug and going to get fixed?
ill check on the character limit but if there is , there is a reason and i dont see it getting changed, there is big app revision coming where it will mirror camp but im not sure of the release date, likely after fall this year.

ill check on the character limit but if there is , there is a reason and i dont see it getting changed, there is big app revision coming where it will mirror camp but im not sure of the release date, likely after fall this year.
I'm not suggesting a change. Please just make sure any input field is limited to the actual limit of the property/setting.

i just checked and the limit should be 20 characters and this does includes spaces , you also cant use any punctation marks , let me know if any of you are seeing different , i tried myself in camp and it never allowed me to use more than 20 .

Last edited:
Reactions: cbw
i just checked and the limit should be 20 characters and this doesnt includes spaces , you also cant use any punctation marks , let me know if any of you are seeing different , i tried myself in camp and it never allowed me to use more than 20 .
I just tested in the app, and it lets me go past 20.

Spaces are a character and count toward the limit. I have an 18 character and two space cam name. I CANNOT add another text character. (in Camp)

I just tested in the app, and it lets me go past 20.

Spaces are a character and count toward the limit. I have an 18 character and two space cam name. I CANNOT add another text character. (in Camp)
i meant to type DOES not DOESNT, auto correct got me again, Ill check on the app but i would do all commands in camp and not the app as it is not finished - the new app will mirror camp

Thanks to RGrizzzz, this morning the camera name is corrected. The first name I had entered was indeed too long. No error messages or signs of a limit, it just stayed there in the NEW VALUE column, day after day. Input a new shorter name yesterday, and today it's fixed. Such a simple thing.
Quick test now shows the iPhone app DOES allow INPUTTING longer names. I just entered a 40 character name in the New Value column, went out to a different camera, came back to this one and it's keeping the 40 char name in New Value on the iPhone. Next time they cell sync, I expect the unusable new name will show up on Camp New Value (but not in the Name block), which isn't a big deal, because it's just a test and I didn't want to change the name anyway.
Time to work at something else. Maybe pull the cultipacker around.

Thanks to RGrizzzz, this morning the camera name is corrected. The first name I had entered was indeed too long. No error messages or signs of a limit, it just stayed there in the NEW VALUE column, day after day. Input a new shorter name yesterday, and today it's fixed. Such a simple thing.
Quick test now shows the iPhone app DOES allow longer names. I just entered a 40 character name in the New Value column, went out to a different camera, came back to this one and it's keeping the 40 char name in New Value.
Time to work at something else. Maybe pull the cultipacker around.
i let them know the app is allowing more than 20 - hopefully it will be adjusted soon, for now, dont go over 20 characters, and i would suggest using camp instead of the app to make changes .