Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Been keeping up with several threads and battery life seems to be a big topic with all the different camera/battery/ext. I have all model G units (12) with no solar or ext battery sources. With the new version coming out(8.0)what is going to be the optimal set up when it comes to keeping me out of the woods to change batteries.I know there are different
scenarios especially if and when to use solar. I am looking to be a little more educated on how the system works so if you could give me an explanation on why you suggest a certain path it would be appreciated, (there has been a lot of talk about voltage recognition by the camera),and what is a good rechargeable D battery?
Not sure how many of you out there have been working with this version but would like any ones input.
my recommendation is this - the simplest solution is to run the 3358 booster with rayovac high energy on your g cameras - this will give you 120-150 days of life in almost any scenario.If you place them in early july they should make it until october or november and one trip in would then get you to end of december or jan without an issue. For your K you can do the same but the report wont show the external pack but you should get the same if not more life out of it as the G's. You could also use the DPB on your K with or without solar. I have ran rechargeable D's in my K for months with a solar panel as well but i dont know anyone who has went a full year yet since they havent been out that long.
The other option is to wait on the new solar bank that will be coming out IF you have areas of full sun. Plug the solar bank into the g's and run 4 Rayovac high energy D's in the camera as back up.
if you planning on running on a mineral or bait with a short camera delay then you may want the DPB since a high daily pic volume will use more battery.

I saw on FB that someone posted with 8.0 that you would be able to change what time of the day that you get your report. Is this true? What are the choices? Can you select times when it will send the pics? For example if I want it on 12 hrs can I select it so it is 9PM and 9AM? Any info would be appreciated on how this will work.

I saw on FB that someone posted with 8.0 that you would be able to change what time of the day that you get your report. Is this true? What are the choices? Can you select times when it will send the pics? For example if I want it on 12 hrs can I select it so it is 9PM and 9AM? Any info would be appreciated on how this will work.
you can choose when you get the report and how many times you get a report per day. i dont think you will be able to pick the time it sends pics but you can change the delay remotely on how often it sends( example 1 hour, 3 hour, 12 hour or batch 5, batch 10 etc. When you set it for 12 hours it will send approx 6 am and 6 pm.

you can choose when you get the report and how many times you get a report per day. i dont think you will be able to pick the time it sends pics but you can change the delay remotely on how often it sends( example 1 hour, 3 hour, 12 hour or batch 5, batch 10 etc. When you set it for 12 hours it will send approx 6 am and 6 pm.
Oh that's nice.

Will it still send whatever pics it has when it send the report? Just thinking that I usually run mine at 12 hr batch so I get them at 6 and 6. If I can set the report for 9AM and 9PM then I would get those early morning daylight pics and late evening daylight pics in a more timely fashion. Not a huge deal but it would be nice. Now I know I can set to 3 hrs, but I am running a cell booster on a solar setup and if I leave it on 24 hrs a day it can take the battery on the cabin lower than it should if we get alot of cloudy days. I run it on a timer so that it is only on when the camera is going to be sending the pics/report.

Will it still send whatever pics it has when it send the report? Just thinking that I usually run mine at 12 hr batch so I get them at 6 and 6. If I can set the report for 9AM and 9PM then I would get those early morning daylight pics and late evening daylight pics in a more timely fashion. Not a huge deal but it would be nice. Now I know I can set to 3 hrs, but I am running a cell booster on a solar setup and if I leave it on 24 hrs a day it can take the battery on the cabin lower than it should if we get alot of cloudy days. I run it on a timer so that it is only on when the camera is going to be sending the pics/report.
Set it to send every 6 hours. I have mine for every 4 hours. I get the report about 4am with any pics,then every 4 hours getting pics. So the next set is 8am, noon, 4pm, 8pm, etc. which catches morning and mid-day activity.

This is me checking this thread every day waiting for John to tell us it's live...

d1c9eacae6968ea4fb00470952927d41.jpg

Hey guys, have 2 cams that disappeared off my report randomly. One J and one G series. Went to grab both the other day and both have error code 04. What’s that stand for? I can’t turn them off with the menu. Just weird they both dropped off my report the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, have 2 cams that disappeared off my report randomly. One J and one G series. Went to grab both the other day and both have error code 04. What’s that stand for? I can’t turn them off with the menu. Just weird they both dropped off my report the same day.

Dead batteries open battery compartment and close and it will say dead battery. Just had it happen Sunday

Dead batteries open battery compartment and close and it will say dead battery. Just had it happen Sunday

No luck. Even with batteries out the error code stays up ERROR:04

One is J IR
One is G power black flash

J has the D battery back.

Both said OK on the battery the last day they showed on the report.

Ok J can finally turned all the way off after leaving battery door open. Closed up and powers on. Says BAT OK

I’ll remove g series batteries longer until it shuts off.

698c14c63e9ab6b78c8cca7e61fd6045.jpg

d407a17a0825c5d8faa4960044530c0a.jpg

I got that code when there was a hick-up between switching from the booster pack to internals on one of my G's. I totally powered it off and then replaced batteries inside the camera, just to be safe. No problems after that, so far.

OK with the special package deal I heard about.I was on farmstead outdoors and saw this but was wondering if the special was still going on If so can the cell camera you get for free be at&t

No luck. Even with batteries out the error code stays up ERROR:04

One is J IR
One is G power black flash

J has the D battery back.

Both said OK on the battery the last day they showed on the report.

It'll happen again. I just sent in 3 cameras. That all had the same error. We got them at the beginning of October, and reset them multiple times. Kept happening. I just got them out of the woods this last weekend, and sent them in yesterday. Support never had an answer for me, I asked to get a report once they fix them and was told I will. I will let you know once I get them back.

What really sucks is I just noticed the fourth camera, our cellular one, with the same error. Could have sent it in with the other three. Something with the firmware I'm guessing, considering all four cameras were from different outlets. Multiple different battery brands, different SD brands.

OK with the special package deal I heard about.I was on farmstead outdoors and saw this but was wondering if the special was still going on If so can the cell camera you get for free be at&t
yes its still valid until june 1 and you can pick verizon or ATT

If you are getting error 4 on your cameras load 7.9 firmware or wait until 8.0 is released soon and load that. This is a battery error and in most cases the firmware should fix it.

yes its still valid until june 1 and you can pick verizon or ATT
Thanks John looks like Im ordering from farmstead outdoors and thanks for a great product you guys put out

Will changing out the lenses void the warranty?

Will changing out the lenses void the warranty?
Changing lenses is no problem and very easy and doesn’t void warranty , you can buy them from a dealer or direct from cudde.