Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

How will the new remote features affect data usage? I assume that everytime you change something it will use a bit of your plan? How much does it use?

LMAO. Cspot, you clip coupons? jk... actually a good question.

LMAO. Cspot, you clip coupons? jk... actually a good question.
LMAO. No coupons. LOL. I was just curious. I would think it would be minimal?

How will the new remote features affect data usage? I assume that everytime you change something it will use a bit of your plan? How much does it use?
it shoudnt affect your data unless you are asking cameras to have more images taken on command or if you decrease your delay. The cell unit will be sending commands via rf to the remotes , thus not using any data for that. i wouldnt worry about that at all unless you plan on constantly changing your commands by logging into the camp site multiple times per day.

what brand D batteries were using in your DPB when you had the issue. ? also where did you buy them? we try to keep track of these type of things. if its energizer i would definitely try another brand like rayovac high energy.
I have still not been to property to check camera but I purchased the Rayovac high energy batteries from battery junction.

I have still not been to property to check camera but I purchased the Rayovac high energy batteries from battery junction.
when you get to the camera, try uploading the latest firmware(7.9) or wait until 8.0 is released, which should be very soon. There is a fix in the latest that helps with battery errors.

when you get to the camera, try uploading the latest firmware(7.9) or wait until 8.0 is released, which should be very soon. There is a fix in the latest that helps with battery errors.
Will do, maybe this weekend. I have several that don't seem like they lasted as long as they should have. Hopefully the new firmware addresses these issues.

I see that Cuddebacks new cord to go from any 12V battery to your camera is now out. $15 is a pretty good price as I paid alot more than that before for an aftermarket cord.

373465b328e931a054201c052a72751e.jpg

For you battery gurus, what is the added battery life expectancy of a 12v vs. 6 Ds?

For you battery gurus, what is the added battery life expectancy of a 12v vs. 6 Ds?
It’s according to the Ah. Give me Ah and I can tell you.

Not many 12v SLA will rival the Dual Power pack.

Attachments

• 491307F4-21B2-425E-B493-728CB723AF9E.jpeg
    491307F4-21B2-425E-B493-728CB723AF9E.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

The nice thing for me is because of my cell reception, I have to have my home cell camera in my cabin. I have a 160 Watt panel there with a 12V 100 AMP battery for running the lights, RV pump, etc at the cabin when I am there.. With my camera hooked up to that system, I never ever will have a dead home battery unless something goes wrong with my system.

The nice thing for me is because of my cell reception, I have to have my home cell camera in my cabin. I have a 160 Watt panel there with a 12V 100 AMP battery for running the lights, RV pump, etc at the cabin when I am there.. With my camera hooked up to that system, I never ever will have a dead home battery unless something goes wrong with my system.

As long as you have sunshine, that’s hard to beat.

As long as you have sunshine, that’s hard to beat.

Yes. Don't even need much sun with that capacity. LOL. Would be nice if I had all my cameras on that setup, but that is a little pricey and bulky to setup in the woods.

It’s according to the Ah. Give me Ah and I can tell you.

Not many 12v SLA will rival the Dual Power pack.
12v 10ah agm battery

12v 10ah agm battery

First, everybody's battery life will vary according to camera model, batteries type, temperature, number of consecutive pics, night vs day pics, flash type etc. It is impossible to model a formula that will will predict accurately. I'll go with the mfg specs of Rayovacs D-cell. I'll base it on my own battery life on six of my G- Black Flash camera's on feed site with 1000's of pics. The least life on mine were 133 days on 6-D power pack with Rayovac's. Temp range 35'-100'. Remember this is only my estimations.

Estimations:
J-12AA= 42days
G-4D=120days
12v-10ah=90days
Cudde Power 6D=135days
Cudde Dual power 12D= 271days

Last edited:
First, everybody's battery life will vary according to camera model, batteries type, temperature, number of consecutive pics, night vs day pics, flash type etc. It is impossible to model a formula that will will predict accurately. I'll go with the mfg specs of Rayovacs D-cell. I'll base it own my own battery life on six of my G- Black Flash camera's on feed site with 1000's of pics. The least life on mine were 133 days on 6-D power pack with Rayovac's. Temp range 35'-100'. Remember this is only my estimations.

Estimations:
J-12AA= 42days
G-4D=120days
12v-10ah=90days
Cudde Power 6D=135days
Cudde Dual power 12D= 271days
IMO these estimations are very close to what i have personally experienced and what i have seen reported by others. The exception would be the 12V since we have not had these out for long enough to really know. The major advantage would be the ability to recharge and many use these types of batteries for other uses(ice fishing , e callers etc.) the small 12V also have a life span but they typically last years.

I see that Cuddebacks new cord to go from any 12V battery to your camera is now out. $15 is a pretty good price as I paid alot more than that before for an aftermarket cord.

373465b328e931a054201c052a72751e.jpg
if you have a new (2019 or newer) G camera hold off on using these. The shipment that arrived did not hook up correctly to the new G. The K, J and Old G(Adapter included) will have no issue. We should have a solution shortly, but i dont want alone buying one and running into issues on the new G housing.

IMO these estimations are very close to what i have personally experienced and what i have seen reported by others. The exception would be the 12V since we have not had these out for long enough to really know. The major advantage would be the ability to recharge and many use these types of batteries for other uses(ice fishing , e callers etc.) the small 12V also have a life span but they typically last years.

Yes that's some of positive attributes for sure. They are small and easy to change too. The only 12V that I used with a camera this year were with Spypoints. I did not keep up with number days or number of pics on them but it was a lot less than 90 days. I know I changed them out at least 3 times during the season. I think they are 12v-7ahr, which would relate to the difference. Had one battery that wouldn't charge which is typical of any battery. And just like Alkalines, I am sure there are some brands that will be better than others. I did once have a 12V SLA/Solar on a big feeder that lasted 5 yrs. Just turned it off at end of season.

There are trade-offs of each. Each person will have to choose what they think is best for them. I'm actually considering 12v, as I am on my club frequently enough to change them out and 12 month longevity is not necessary for me. What I would like to see is a Cudde camera downsized with no battery compartment at all. :emoji_thinking::emoji_wink:

Last edited:
What I would like to see is a Cudde camera downsized with no battery compartment at all.

That and how about in camo? I've never had any stolen and don't think it matters even if the deer do see them...but I haven't seen a Cuddeback in camo since the Attack I think it was. Camo is cool. I know of people who buy only camo cams, since there are plenty of good ones out there.

That and how about in camo? I've never had any stolen and don't think it matters even if the deer do see them...but I haven't seen a Cuddeback in camo since the Attack I think it was. Camo is cool. I know of people who buy only camo cams, since there are plenty of good ones out there.

Here ya go. The ultimate camo.
1582065529536.png

Last edited: