Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Ha..looks like a mini Sasquatch. Some type of camo grass glued on?

That's actually available for sale by Reconyx! LMAO, I got everyone thinking now!!

First, everybody's battery life will vary according to camera model, batteries type, temperature, number of consecutive pics, night vs day pics, flash type etc. It is impossible to model a formula that will will predict accurately. I'll go with the mfg specs of Rayovacs D-cell. I'll base it on my own battery life on six of my G- Black Flash camera's on feed site with 1000's of pics. The least life on mine were 133 days on 6-D power pack with Rayovac's. Temp range 35'-100'. Remember this is only my estimations.

Estimations:
J-12AA= 42days
G-4D=120days
12v-10ah=90days
Cudde Power 6D=135days
Cudde Dual power 12D= 271days
Thanks again great info, I have a 12v 10 ah on a K camera now it was on solar working great would probably last a long time like you said.
I took the solar panel off to see how long it would go I will be lucky to get 10 days . 12v ska batteries recommend they don’t discharge Beyond 11.8 v or it could damage the battery ,

Thanks again great info, I have a 12v 10 ah on a K camera now it was on solar working great would probably last a long time like you said.
I took the solar panel off to see how long it would go I will be lucky to get 10 days . 12v ska batteries recommend they don’t discharge Beyond 11.8 v or it could damage the battery ,

12V Sealed lead acid? Yes you shouldn't discharge them very far. A deep discharge really shortens the life span on them. I did that to the one at my cabin a few times and it pretty well killed it. I went to a 12V lithium battery there. Very prices but they can take a deep discharge.

12V Sealed lead acid? Yes you shouldn't discharge them very far. A deep discharge really shortens the life span on them. I did that to the one at my cabin a few times and it pretty well killed it. I went to a 12V lithium battery there. Very prices but they can take a deep discharge.

12V Lithium!!! Dang....Cspot, you got deep pockets! lol How are you managing the charging criteria for it?

Last edited:
John, Can an unlocked base (K Series Camera) later be used as a remote if you have multiple?

John, Can an unlocked base (K Series Camera) later be used as a remote if you have multiple?
Yes, after the yearly plan is over it can be used any way.

IMO these estimations are very close to what i have personally experienced and what i have seen reported by others. The exception would be the 12V since we have not had these out for long enough to really know. The major advantage would be the ability to recharge and many use these types of batteries for other uses(ice fishing , e callers etc.) the small 12V also have a life span but they typically last years.
12V Lithium!!! Dang....Cspot, you got deep pockets! lol How are you managing the charging criteria for it?

Actually for using for a small cabin when you do the math, a lithium is cheaper than a lead acid in the long run when you look at the charge cycles plus a 100 amp hour battery in lithium has far more usuable energy than lead acid since it can be discharged more. I bought a Battleborn battery as they have a built-in BMS which manages all of the charging and I got a charge controller for the solar panel that is recommended for it. The Battleborn is about the only battery that the BMS won't allow charging below 30 degrees as lithium can't be charge below freezing even though you can discharge it. That is good for me since we only heat the cabin when we are there. Other nice thing with lithium is no maintenance and since it doesn't give off gases you can have it inside.

Actually for using for a small cabin when you do the math, a lithium is cheaper than a lead acid in the long run when you look at the charge cycles plus a 100 amp hour battery in lithium has far more usuable energy than lead acid since it can be discharged more. I bought a Battleborn battery as they have a built-in BMS which manages all of the charging and I got a charge controller for the solar panel that is recommended for it. The Battleborn is about the only battery that the BMS won't allow charging below 30 degrees as lithium can't be charge below freezing even though you can discharge it. That is good for me since we only heat the cabin when we are there. Other nice thing with lithium is no maintenance and since it doesn't give off gases you can have it inside.

I looked them up. I may order 10-12 of them for my remotes to try out next year! Maybe a couple more for spares! Lol

Hi all, new member here looking for advise.
I recently purchased the CuddeLink system to use for security system/ game patterning. I have 3 j series lr ir, and a k series dual cell. I have had them up since around November. I am having issues with these.
Quick rundown.
I have the home camera out front of cabin on a tree facing cabin. I have it set for 24hr time lapse. Batch 1 as most days I only get time lapse photos. Very low volume of pictures. This home camera will not send a time lapse picture nor does it send any pictures from itself. Furthermore it doesn’t even identify itself on the morning report it generates.
Secondly I have the three j series cameras set up as remotes. I also initiated the time lapse feature on these. So out of the four cameras set up on the day time lapse I receive one picture a day from the same j series camera. None of the others send. They are all set on the same channel, in advanced mode 24 hr lapse. Two are above 99 signal, one is above 50. I just changed the batteries, and formatted the class 10 cards in the units to be sure also. Can some one lead me in a direction that I can try? I am snowmobiling in tomorrow morning to try to upgrade the firmware. Thanks all in advance.

500FF284-A12F-4463-AD5C-9D872A650172.png

i think you have a settings issue, it’s probably best to get on the phone with me and I can walk you thru what the issue is but you will need your cameras in hand. If you want to pm me we can exchange numbers . If you don’t want to pull your cameras I would suggest changing it from batch one to 12 hours and also check that you have cc mode “on” in your cell home unit and also that you have all your settings correct .

Any news on the gen 2 firmware update yet?

if you have a new (2019 or newer) G camera hold off on using these. The shipment that arrived did not hook up correctly to the new G. The K, J and Old G(Adapter included) will have no issue. We should have a solution shortly, but i dont want alone buying one and running into issues on the new G housing.
This include the ones sent out by Cuddeback?

Any news on the gen 2 firmware update yet?
still waiting on the release, they are adding a few more features , hopefully it will be soon.

still waiting on the release, they are adding a few more features , hopefully it will be soon.
Are you able to share what additional features that will be added other than the original features you already told us?

Are you able to share what additional features that will be added other than the original features you already told us?
when i get a complete list i will let all know.Most of the added features are to help performance and i most wont even realize they are added. there will be another update in summer as well regarding online control but they want to get the first one released before they add more.

Any idea on release of the new solar chargers? I have been watching Farmstead Outdoors and some others but haven't seen them yet.

@john volkman wanted to ask about the Dual Power Bank Model PW-3563. I currently have 10 of the J-1415 and I am using the D Battery Adapter 3495 currently. To upgrade to the new dual power bank which will hold 12 D batteries can I still run the 3495 on the J series too? So I would essentially have 18 D batteries?

@john volkman I noticed the 12v external battery cord has a built in linear 12v regulator on it. Do you know the input voltage range that regulator will accept while still supplying the needed 12v output?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk