Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

john volkman

5 year old buck +
This thread is about Cuddelink 2.0. which will be launched officially in 2020.
I will start by attaching a copy of the 2020 brochure that talks about what 2.0 can do and it also has a FAQ section that new and old forum users alike can refer to to get questions answered. Please utilize this thread only for questions on how the system works and what its capabilities are. i discussed this with Bill back in november and with his blessing i want to start a thread for questions on what and how to work the system and ill start a separate thread that can be utilized to help answer questions regarding troubleshooting etc. This will save new and old forum users time when looking for an answer. There are a few things that have changed over the last 1-2 years and i want to make sure everyone gets current up to date info. I had to take a few pages out of this brochure to get the file size down so its not complete but i tried to take the selling pages out and leave the pages that are most about what it the features are.

Attachments

• CuddebackBrochure2020.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 389
Last edited:
its important to note that the GEN 2 firmware update is not available yet. I will let everyone know on the thread when its live.

For some reason, I can't download the PDF to view?

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk

The pdf downloaded on my non apple computer. Don't know if that could be an issue. Just throwing that out there.

Thank you John for starting the two new threads on cuddelink. Gen 2 looks like its going to be fun.

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk
Make sure you have a PDF viewer installed. I think that should help.

Not sure how much I will use the remote access, but I think at certain times it would be nice. It would be nice if you get a run-away camera though as you could turn the camera off. Might be nice at time to change the delay settings as well.

John, what’s the throughput with 25 cams in a day. Was it 1500 images for the 25 or was that still for 16 cams?

John, what’s the throughput with 25 cams in a day. Was it 1500 images for the 25 or was that still for 16 cams?
gen 2 will allow 24 units on one network, max image capacity per day goes from 1000 to 1500. max image capacity depends on multiple factors- most important being 1-2 links max per remote to the home unit.

Did i read the brochure correct? The new solar panels have a built in battery?

I didn't notice that before. It also has 2 outports for the camera and the battery bank. Interested to see how this will work from John.

yes it does and they are replaceable , the new solar bank will allow running solar on the new J with d internals as back up and any G with D internals as a back up - if the solar cant keep up it will switch to the internal d's. The new solar bank also has two ports so it can be used to power the solar side of the dual power bank as well. In that case you would run rechargeables in on bank and alkaline in the other bank.

Thanks for sharing all this info ahead of time John!

When do you expect the DUAL POWER BANK - Model PW-3563 to be available?

Thanks for sharing all this info ahead of time John!

When do you expect the DUAL POWER BANK - Model PW-3563 to be available?
there are dealers that have the dual power bank now , we have been shipping them since october.

there are dealers that have the dual power bank now , we have been shipping them since october.

Awesome! The current solar offering SOLAR POWER BANK - Model PW-3600 will work to power that dual power bank as well right?

John also question in regards to Version 8 or any future updates coming... will there ever be an option to still record videos locally? I miss seeing the videos even if they are stored locally on the SD card and obviously not pushed through CuddeLink. I know as soon as I turn on the cuddelink option there is no option to record/store videos locally on that camera. Do you see that changing?

Awesome! The current solar offering SOLAR POWER BANK - Model PW-3600 will work to power that dual power bank as well right?
the new solar power bank with integrated batteries is not available yet but will be soon. You can use our existing solar panel with some modification to the plug in end to get it to fit in the yellow input on the Dual power bank but it wont be ideal. if you dont need to use it now, i would wait for the new solar power bank.

John also question in regards to Version 8 or any future updates coming... will there ever be an option to still record videos locally? I miss seeing the videos even if they are stored locally on the SD card and obviously not pushed through CuddeLink. I know as soon as I turn on the cuddelink option there is no option to record/store videos locally on that camera. Do you see that changing?
i dont see that changing, allowing that would do a couple things that would cause more issues for users and our cs dept.#1 It would decrease battery life even more which is a challenge already.It would take up a lot more pace on the card . And it would also not allow the camera to perform any other functions while videoing , like transmiting images to the home unit. Anything that slows down the efficiency of the system is not viewed in a positive way.

Important note to anyone who purchased the promo J 2 pack, be sure you update the firmware to 7.9 on the J's, if you dont- night images will suffer when battery life falls past a certain level. If not using the New J in the near future you can wait for firmware 8.0 which will have the remote control option update and this will also fix the issue on the J with 4 d battery pack.

Will the option to take a picture on request ever be an option? Like a live feed. Would like to be able to see what’s currently at the camera at any given time.