Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

If you are getting error 4 on your cameras load 7.9 firmware or wait until 8.0 is released soon and load that. This is a battery error and in most cases the firmware should fix it.

Ran all 4 cameras on 7.9 this season. Tried re-flashing one camera, no change.

Ran all 4 cameras on 7.9 this season. Tried re-flashing one camera, no change.
7.9 was just released.... when you say all season do you mean this fall or you just loaded it? if you have 7.9 on them and you continually get the error with either duracell or rayovac batteries you should probably set up a return on the camera that is causing issues.

yes its still valid until june 1 and you can pick verizon or ATT
ordered them Thursday from farmstead outdoors. Friday morning the camera was on my doorstep from fedex. Wow that was fast the box had a blue card in it to send in for your free cell camera. Thank you cuddeback and thank you farmstead outdoors

**edited** Made a deal with a member. Solar panels are gone. Thanks

Last edited:
7.9 was just released.... when you say all season do you mean this fall or you just loaded it? if you have 7.9 on them and you continually get the error with either duracell or rayovac batteries you should probably set up a return on the camera that is causing issues.

In order, try this:
1- Pull SD card
2- Pull and drain batteries
3- Volt test each battery & re-install
4- Format a SD card in camera
5- Re-download firmware to formatted card
6- Re-load firmware in camera
7- Clear/Format card
8- Check all settings

You also need to consider the fact that when your cuddelink is transmitting pics it's not able to take any. Meanwhile the Moultrie can continue to snap away.

This is email from Moultrie on some questions I asked:

(Pradco Outdoor Brands)
Feb 9, 22:31 CST

Thank you for contacting us.
Please see your answers below.

Reviewing Cellular Trail camera's. A few questions:
1- What is resolution of emailed pics? Is it adjustable?
Images will not be emailed, you will go to the app to see the images.

2- Is the Pic count based on size of image?picture count, is based on picture count. Each image that uploads to the MM app.

3- Is picture taking paused momentarily during emailing?While the device is uploading images to your app, it does stop images for the 2 minutes while sending.

4- What happens when SD card is full? When the SD card is full, you can erase the card from the app (Images are already loaded to the app) or you can go change the SD card.

5- What is largest SD card it is compatible with? When not using Moultrie Mobile you can use up to a 32GB SD card. When you are using Moultrie Mobile you can only use a 4-16GB SD card.

6- Will it send video? Videos will not upload to the app, they will sit on the SD card till the SD card is retrieved.

This is email from Moultrie on some questions I asked:

(Pradco Outdoor Brands)
Feb 9, 22:31 CST

Thank you for contacting us.
Please see your answers below.

Reviewing Cellular Trail camera's. A few questions:
1- What is resolution of emailed pics? Is it adjustable?
Images will not be emailed, you will go to the app to see the images.

2- Is the Pic count based on size of image?picture count, is based on picture count. Each image that uploads to the MM app.

3- Is picture taking paused momentarily during emailing?While the device is uploading images to your app, it does stop images for the 2 minutes while sending.

4- What happens when SD card is full? When the SD card is full, you can erase the card from the app (Images are already loaded to the app) or you can go change the SD card.

5- What is largest SD card it is compatible with? When not using Moultrie Mobile you can use up to a 32GB SD card. When you are using Moultrie Mobile you can only use a 4-16GB SD card.

6- Will it send video? Videos will not upload to the app, they will sit on the SD card till the SD card is retrieved.
That's good info to have but while replying I was assuming the Moultrie cams in comparison were not cellular models.

That's good info to have but while replying I was assuming the Moultrie cams in comparison were not cellular models.

I gotcha. I’ve been doing a lot (too much) of reviewing of all cell cams. Personally, I don’t require instantaneous pictures or year long battery life. But definitely it’s nice. If I saw a B&C buck on one of my cameras today, I am not gonna run jump in the stand. All my friends have their own favorite model. They’re preference is driven mostly by battery life and a gazillion pics of anything, or nothing. They do not over-think it like me. Seems to me that the more information a company puts on a box, the more confusing it makes it for non-technical minded people. I would say it’s a small % that actually know or even care about most of it.

I gotcha. I’ve been doing a lot (too much) of reviewing of all cell cams. Personally, I don’t require instantaneous pictures or year long battery life. But definitely it’s nice. If I saw a B&C buck on one of my cameras today, I am not gonna run jump in the stand. All my friends have their own favorite model. They’re preference is driven mostly by battery life and a gazillion pics of anything, or nothing. They do not over-think it like me. Seems to me that the more information a company puts on a box, the more confusing it makes it for non-technical minded people. I would say it’s a small % that actually know or even care about most of it.

I don't need year long battery life, but to me having something that lasts about 6 months is nice. This way you only have to visit the camera a couple of times per year. It also lets you put in fresh batteries a little before the start of season and have them last the entire season.

I agree with you on the instantaneous pictures. With my Cuddelink system I have never had that much of a delay in getting pics anyway.

I will say that I seldom get blank pics with my Cuddeback in comparison to other cameras. That is nice when paying for data.

Point me in the right direction if my topic is not ideal for this Forum.....

I'm about to setup a new CuddeLink camera set and I'm not sure which cameras would be ideal for day and night pics (940 nm flash), with best link performance and good battery life.

My thoughts are to use these:
- K-5796 Dual Cell AT&T Version Home Camera with a PW-3563 Dual Power Pack
- G-5079 Powerhouse Black Flash cameras

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Point me in the right direction if my topic is not ideal for this Forum.....

I'm about to setup a new CuddeLink camera set and I'm not sure which cameras would be ideal for day and night pics (940 nm flash), with best link performance and good battery life.

My thoughts are to use these:
- K-5796 Dual Cell AT&T Version Home Camera with a PW-3563 Dual Power Pack
- G-5079 Powerhouse Black Flash cameras

Thanks in advance for the advice.
This is a good plan, I would run 3358 booster packs on your g cams as well. Any of the g powerhouse cameras are awesome cameras .

If you don't have extra images enabled on your plan what happens when the next month starts? Does it send all of the pics that didn't send after you exceeded your plan in the previous month or does it only send the one's taken during the current month. I am going to get the annual plan to unlock my K camera and during the "off season" I don't want to pay for extra images then as it isn't that important during the summer to get them immediately and I can see the one's I missed when I am at camp. Closer to hunting season then I will enable the extra images.

If you don't have extra images enabled on your plan what happens when the next month starts? Does it send all of the pics that didn't send after you exceeded your plan in the previous month or does it only send the one's taken during the current month. I am going to get the annual plan to unlock my K camera and during the "off season" I don't want to pay for extra images then as it isn't that important during the summer to get them immediately and I can see the one's I missed when I am at camp. Closer to hunting season then I will enable the extra images.
pictures in que should still send the next month, including the remote cameras images that are waiting in que.

Cspot, that’s a new and good question and a good $ saving strategy. I’m guessing the Tx queue will fill (30 pics) and remain there just as if you lost cell connection.

pictures in que should still send the next month, including the remote cameras images that are waiting in que.
So in theory if it goes over every month then it would get further and further behind. So if I am down there when it is overage then the best thing would be to clear it.

I guess with 8.0 I could always change my settings to take less pics if it starts getting close to my monthly maximum.

So in theory if it goes over every month then it would get further and further behind. So if I am down there when it is overage then the best thing would be to clear it.

I guess with 8.0 I could always change my settings to take less pics if it starts getting close to my monthly maximum.

John, will this halt the network from remotes? Does once the K's TX queue gets full, does it halt the network?

John, will this halt the network from remotes? Does once the K's TX queue gets full, does it halt the network?
it would halt it but the remotes would start to send them again once there is room in the home units que. I your cl count is at default which is 250 each remote could hold 250 before it would start erasing them.
Keep in mind, overage fee is only $5 for 1000 more images.

it would halt it but the remotes would start to send them again once there is room in the home units que. I your cl count is at default which is 250 each remote could hold 250 before it would start erasing them.

Some of us our cheap. LOL. Like I said I am doing the year just because I want to unlock the camera I figure it will cost me an extra $45 or so to unlock it. For example in May I really don't care if I get all the images emailed to me because I can simply see the pics when I make the trip to camp. When hunting season is close or occurring then I like to have more immediate information and then I don't mind paying the extra $5.

My plan during the summer months will be to keep my settings so that I don't exceed the plan.

How will the new remote features affect data usage? I assume that everytime you change something it will use a bit of your plan? How much does it use?

That's what I thought, just verifying. I've paid the overage nearly every month. Some months twice! lol. Thanks John.