Stealth Cam Revolver

5 year old buck +
I ordered the new Stealth Cam revolver for a transition point that I have always wished for two (or three) cameras. I don’t know if this will turn out to be a gimmick or a helpful tool in the buck-tracking toolbox.

My immediate questions are:
1) Will the deer react to the motion of the revolving lense?
2) While Stealth Cam claims the motor is silent, is that truly the case?
3) Is the camera durable?

I’ll be mounting it on a T-Post (the mount is supposed to be included) and will use a solar pack along with an unlimited annual plan. I’ll be interested to read of other users experiences. Below is a stock phot of the camera.

IMG_0674.jpeg

The StealthCam Revolver game camera is now deployed. It is on an unlimited plan ($120/year). Pictures seem to be of good quality. The 360 degree feature is interesting…actual use will determine if it is helpful. I mounted the camera on a T-post using the bracket that was included. Camera height is 4.5’ currently, and may get adjusted down the road.

IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_0690.jpeg

Below is one “panoramic” photo…on the CommandPro App you scroll through a single photo that is threaded together from six shots. For this upload I took a screen shot of each section. It’s pretty cool to use on the app.

IMG_0687.pngIMG_0686.pngIMG_0685.pngIMG_0684.pngIMG_4820.jpegIMG_4819.jpeg

My biggest question with it would be will it work being a stealth cam? I never was able to get a regular one to work good enough to keep.

I have three StealthCam/Muddy cameras. The first was a “Freebie” through DeerCast. Of course, free is a relative term when it costs $120/year for the cell plan plus another $60 for a solar unit. II received the second as a birthday gift, and then this one. So far, the two Muddy Matrix cameras are working fine. The StealthCam Revolver took 36 pictures last night (216 images). The quality was pretty good despite the rain. I did not seem to spook the deer.

A lot has changed since I started running my first $200 Wildgame Innovations camera back some 13 years ago (both failed within months). I had great success with the old Moultrie A5s—the first “Under $100” camera I recall finding on the market. I still have a few of those from 2012 running in the field. For a season I was all-in on Moultrie, then I started having camera failures on their high-end cameras. I tried the first gen Moultrie Mobile system for three years. While it was pretty good, it was also expensive, with unlimited plans being $25/month per camera. The sunsetting of 3G put those cameras to rest.

My favorite system so far is the Cuddeback Cuddelink system. You can read my review on this forum. I’ve had pretty good luck with SpyPoint, and use them in areas where I want intel, but don’t want a monthly bill. I pay $100 per year for a club membership and get 250/images per month on each of my 10 SpyPoint cameras. I run several models, including the Link-LTE-S, Link-LTE, Flex, Flex-S and LM2.

The purpose of these reviews is to provide user feedback. If the StealCam fails, I’ll be sure to report it!

Here are a couple of panoramic pictures from yesterday and last night. The doe stayed around for over 2 hours, so it did not seem to spook her. The camera provides a 360 degree view on the Panoramic setting (all six zones). It can also be set for less number of zones should it be mounted on a blind.

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg
The viewing app (Phone or Tablet) scrolls through all six zones. Here is a snapshot what I see when opening the app. These were taken yesterday. This picture shows one of the six zones that are scrolled through every six seconds (one second per zone).
IMG_0697.png

Last edited:
I am getting intel from this camera that would not have been captured on a traditional game cam. So far there have been very few false pictures, and the quality has been good. This is just day five, but if the camera stays reliable, it will be a game changer as far as information to help with habitat and herd management.

In this picture, with a traditional camera I would have had a picture of the single buck from the northern view (frame 3). My StealthCam Matrix also took a picture of the buck in frame 3. What would have been missed is bachelor group that is forming. In total, there are six bucks that were picked up by the revolver in this one panoramic photo. In total I have 43 frames of these bucks, allowing for a good assessment of antler development and age class as they passed through the oaks and onto the corn field.

IMG_0707.jpeg

I have this one on my list also. It's good to see someone else be a beta tester. I have had fairly good luck with my Stealthcams, but certainly more issues with them than my Cuddebacks. The price is right.

What I really like about this is it is much less likely to have someone sneak up behind it and turn it off when poaching.

Reactions: 356