A few habitat pics I thought you might enjoy

Congrats on a super buck and the mag story, Steve!!

HPYFptg.jpg

c5oxTLn.jpg

S9lYuD1.jpg

yx8kCi8.jpg

uo41ZEu.jpg

6E6ijf2.jpg

Some nice prospects! Your bucks are holding their antlers late. I haven't seen any pictures with antlers in a what seems like a couple months. I found a pair of sheds 10 ft apart on March 6th driving around doing cleanup after the high winds. Not sure how long they had been there, but they were clean.

Yes, I do occasionally turkey hunt......

sEXTVcQ.jpg

ycZX2GY.jpg

An arrowwood viburnum thicket planted by birds. This plant didn't exist on my place until I planted 4 of them. Now I have 4,000 and the deer love to browse them. They also make great cover.

37oLZAA.jpg

It looks like I'm headed to an amazing apple year unless something very unusual happens.

5m8ckbj.jpg

nRfjAQT.jpg

Congrats on the Tom.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Since my Imgur quit working I need to get used to posting without it. So far I'm not liking direct posting but a man must do what a man must do.

Noteworthy items:

* These trail cam pics are a few days old. I will check cameras again soon.
* I'm headed to an outstanding apple crop this year and below average pears due to a freeze.
* It's too early to tell about persimmons and chestnuts, but I think they are going to do well this year.
* I've been transplanting a lot of shrubs and doing other habitat work.

D-2.JPG

D-4.JPG
IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2649.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2664.JPG

The Imgur thing is a problem. I’m away from home but will dig into it when I get home.

There must be an issue between Imgur and Xenforo. Worst case we’re getting the upgraded software on or about June 15th.

Congrats on the gobbler, Native!! Pic looks like more seed turkeys for another day.
What variety (s) of white clover in those pics?? Healthy stuff whatever it is.
Is your last pic "mock orange" ?? Mom had a bush of it - and your pic looks very similar.

Congrats on the gobbler, Native!! Pic looks like more seed turkeys for another day.
What variety (s) of white clover in those pics?? Healthy stuff whatever it is.
Is your last pic "mock orange" ?? Mom had a bush of it - and your pic looks very similar.

Bows, that is a ladino clover that I bought from a local feed store. It's not a named variety, but it does seem to be pretty good stuff. That is indeed a mock orange. I found it growing wild in my tree planting. The deer had been browsing it, so I left it to watch it a little closer. I wasn't able to ID it for sure until it flowered, but those flowers are a dead give away. Thanks for checking in, and have a great day.

Very nice! Looks like it is shaping up to be a good apple year up here too.

Bows, that is a ladino clover that I bought from a local feed store. It's not a named variety, but it does seem to be pretty good stuff. That is indeed a mock orange. I found it growing wild in my tree planting. The deer had been browsing it, so I left it to watch it a little closer. I wasn't able to ID it for sure until it flowered, but those flowers are a dead give away. Thanks for checking in, and have a great day.
Those mock orange flowers give off a scent that's incredible. Mom had a mock orange bush in her backyard garden, and when it bloomed, all the neighbors loved the scent from those flowers. Bees seemed to flock to them too - it was alive with all kinds. No deer in the suburban yards where I grew up - so her mock orange was safe!!

This one knows the camera location and won't follow the rest of the bachelor group in front of it. But, I tricked him and caught him on another cam at a new location.

q8-big.JPG

q11.JPG
q13.JPG

This one is interesting looking:

m4.JPG
m3.JPG

A few more:

p3.JPG

p2.JPG

deer-turk.JPG
IMG_2841.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife and I celebrated the 4'th by picking wild blackberries this morning. Also picked a few remaining Bevan's Favorite Apples. Some of the last ones are getting a nice size.

IMG_2947.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpeg
IMG_2933.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

a1-IMG_0046.JPG

a2-IMG_0096 (2).JPG

IMG_2766.jpg
Acorns forming on a swamp chestnut oak only 10 feet tall. This one will be special.

Last edited: