Truth Social

I think it will eventually level things out. When tech companies realize folks have other options, they will stop bowing to one side. They will again cater to all folks instead of just 50%, it only makes dollars and sense/cents to cater to the largest customer base possible. Facebook right now has no real competition. Let capitalism do it’s thing and eventually they will change their tune. Or not, and their profits will suffer: get woke, go broke.
I think you are giving the existing tech companies too much credit. CNN hasn't learned from their tanking viewership that they should begin reporting the actual news again. Liberals seem convinced that if they stay the course, and are loud enough, they'll get their way.

I am disappointed that so many of us only want to interact with people who agree with us, or are just like us for the most part. We seem to think anyone who did not vote for (insert your choice of President) is a moron and is somehow un-American. Are you a Fox person, or a CNN person – both are shamefully bias in my opinion, and most talking heads are not worthy to be called Journalists. Now, the same thing seems to be sorting itself on social media platforms, as each is no more than echo chamber where we only hear from other users that agree with us – no one with a different point of view is tolerated, much less actually listened to. It is no wonder there is so much anger going around. I just hope enough of us can just open our hearts and our ears to appreciate what the “other guy” is going through… on both sides.
I will give you a different angle since I don’t know where you are or what you do. I live in the bluest of states and work in an industry that is blue. I have to listen to liberal people all the time that are so arrogant because they are always in the majority. I enjoy a couple deer websites where the majority of the people think like me. I don’t have to listen and not respond to retarded liberal thinking here, I have to do that most days. Social media is the last place you will find civil discussion. Gutfeld use to say conservatives disagree with liberal but liberals hate conservatives. The media tries their best to even up the hate. The line has been drawn in the sand. The media said on day one they would impeach Trump, and were relentless in that pursuit. They insult everyone that voted for him on a daily basis. After 5 years sorry if I don’t want to play nice anymore.

I will give you a different angle since I don’t know where you are or what you do. I live in the bluest of states and work in an industry that is blue.

FYI… I live in the same state as you, actually just an hour or so down the lake. I am painfully aware the imbalance of power one party has in this state, but I refuse to let that make me less happy, bitter, or frustrated. We’re in the same boat Chum, I just get less sea-sick.

It’s funny, 5 years ago, I wasn’t political at all. I hated all of them. Never voted, never cared, never followed politics. Then after watching the media and the left hound Trump day after day, and make up so much crap on him, I voted my first time in 2020. Now, I can see the bias and hate from the left, and acknowledge it, sometimes even react.

FYI… I live in the same state as you, actually just an hour or so down the lake. I am painfully aware the imbalance of power one party has in this state, but I refuse to let that make me less happy, bitter, or frustrated. We’re in the same boat Chum, I just get less sea-sick.
There are ways to deal with an imbalance of power between political parties in a state. I know one opportunist who lived in a very blue state so he was a Democrat. They held all the power in his state so it benefited him in business to be a Democrat. Then, at one point, he decided to become involved in national politics. Incumbents had the Democrat nomination locked up, so he simply decided to run as a Republican. While his views were not well aligned with either party it was his only option. He found he could get great press coverage by making the liberal press an enemy and continually saying outrageous things. It worked very well for him.

So, if you can't beat 'em...Join 'em. At least that's one approach.

I can guarantee 100%. that would not work in NY.

At this point in time? When and who are you talking about. I’m sorry you can’t make the liberal press an enemy. They make you the enemy.

As for switching parties, you have to look no further than Donald Trump. He was a Democrat for many years in New York. Now he is a Republican in Florida. I guess switching parties worked out OK for him.

I am politically nimble myself. When I was much younger, I left the Republican party to join the Conservative party. After James Buckley’s election, the Conservative party seldom ran its own candidates, so I rejoined the Republican party. Today, I am sure many of my Republican friends would consider me a raging Rino as I tend to embrace Republican principles, not personalities. No party owns me.

Trump was never elected to anything in NY. Nothing there addresses the imbalance of power in NY. Bloomberg, also a die hard Dem. Used his money to do a trick play to get elected then switched right back to Ind. then back to Dem. Again these have nothing to do with addressing imbalance of power in NY

I consider myself a radical centrist. Which means I don't believe i've ever voted for a democrat in my very blue state of MN. Only one or two democrats while I was a ND resident in the peak of the oil boom and the republicans of the time never saw an opportunity to make $ they'd say no to regardless of the consequences.

In general, I'd say a dakotas or wyoming democrat or republican is going to be much different than a NY or CA democrat or republican.

Last edited:
I consider myself a radical centrist.

You defined that but I'm still not sure what that means? :emoji_wink::emoji_thumbsup:

Reminds me of a friend I've got who calls himself a "patriotic anarchist."

The news organizations have created this division and it is intentional.
When you control the information people get, you control what people think and how they feel about any given topic. If you want to control an election, all you have to do is provide a constant barrage of positive/negative information on one side, while not even mentioning the negative/positive information on the other side. All the news/information we get is biased, investigative journalism is dead and has been since W. Bush as far as I can tell, and likely before that but I wasn't really paying attention prior. Looking back historically it appears that the reporting on John F. Kennedy's assassination ignored a lot of information known at the time through 1st hand witnesses that spoke directly to news reporters about hearing shots coming from multiple places and anyone can see in the videos Kennedy's head being shot from both the front and the back. If you haven't seen Oliver Stones documentary called JFK Revisited it is pretty informative on many wrongdoings by government agencies as well as news outlets obvious ignorance.

Social Media has simply increased the information control program the news started and continue today.

Trump was never elected to anything in NY. Nothing there addresses the imbalance of power in NY. Bloomberg, also a die hard Dem. Used his money to do a trick play to get elected then switched right back to Ind. then back to Dem. Again these have nothing to do with addressing imbalance of power in NY
Yes, that is the definition of opportunism.

I don’t think your quarrel is with the imbalance of power itself. Your quarrel is that in NY, the imbalance of power is in the wrong direction. How do you feel about the imbalance of power in say, Wyoming or Alabama? I know, democracy sucks sometimes, but nobody died and left you or I king, so we just have to do the best we can with the hand we’re dealt. I am with ya on this, but I also recognize what more folks live in NYC than in Binghamton, so the scales often tip in that direction.

Those comments were for jack. He said there was an end around to deal with the imbalance. As I pointed out I don’t believe it’s possible in NY. He stated it was but never said who so I came up with two examples that in no way was an end around here in NY. If he could site an example where it worked I’d look at it.
”There are ways to deal with an imbalance of power between political parties in a State“. Was his comment.

Last edited:
Those comments were for jack. He said there was an end around to deal with the imbalance. As I pointed out I don’t believe it’s possible in NY. He stated it was but never said who so I came up with two examples that in no way was an end around here in NY. If he could site an example where it worked I’d look at it.
”There are ways to deal with an imbalance of power between political parties in a State“. Was his comment.

What I was suggesting is that an opportunist deals with an imbalance of power by associating himself with whichever party happens to benefit them personally at the given moment.

What I was suggesting is that an opportunist deals with an imbalance of power by associating himself with whichever party happens to benefit them personally at the given moment.
Here I thought those were lawyers.

Social Media has simply increased the information control program the news started and continue today.
Relevant to this thread and this site in general, social media may have ended up controlling messages (and all do it already), but that was never their intention from the beginning. It's happened because of human nature. Tribalism, more specifically. Social media makes it much easier to find people you agree with, which causes echo chambers, and eventually mis- and dis- information campaigns for these environments that are now much easier to manipulate.
The only way to fight against tribalism is to become more aware of it and educate yourself on it. I can't recommend a book called Think Again enough.
The other way of fighting against this is to avoid echo chambers, which is more of a short term solution and not very viable for people that are gathering at least in part because they are being discriminated against and feel like they have no where else to go.