Truth Social

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Has anyone been able to get into Truth Social? I keep getting a message, “Oops, looks like you missed a step”

I also noticed Rumble had really gotten slow since last night. I know they have really gotten busier since the Canada trucking streams been going, but it takes minutes to start a video. Either they need to update their servers, or they are being throttled.

I have really backed off from your typical social media lately. I have never used Twitter, or many of them other left wing social groups. I use Facebook, but I have pretty much stopped that as well. Except for the market place part. I have pretty much used Rumble, rather then YouTube for the last few months.

I wouldn't expect that platform to be stable for a few months. That's not a bash, I'm just sure there are bugs to work out.
I'm certain they will get everything worked out but it won't be smooth.

Mine says, "Your account has been created successfully! Thank you for joining! Due to massive demand, we have placed you on our waitlist."

Slack was down today as well.

I tend to be out of the loop on internet stuff and apps. Just not into social media that much. Though I have certainly heard of Tik Tok, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.

I have never heard of Rumble, Truth Social, or Slack. Am I really that out of touch?

I tend to be out of the loop on internet stuff and apps. Just not into social media that much. Though I have certainly heard of Tik Tok, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.

I have never heard of Rumble, Truth Social, or Slack. Am I really that out of touch?

Slack is a messenger app for workplaces. No reason to know about it if you don't use it at work.

No, you probably have a life with real people in it ...

I’m signed up, but it may not be active until March . Long waiting list

Rumble, Truth Social are just non liberal controlled sites that allow freedom of speech without taking your posts down, and putting a warning on everything that goes against the leftwing beliefs.

Am I the only one who hates the thought of having two social media echo chamber worlds further pushing the tribalism and focus on political identity? I don't hate it as much as the thought of all big tech being left biased/censored but hate it just the same.

Am I the only one who hates the thought of having two social media echo chamber worlds further pushing the tribalism and focus on political identity? I don't hate it as much as the thought of all big tech being left biased/censored but hate it just the same.

Not me. I don’t have FB or tweeter. Don’t like to do business with those that hate me. I’m kinda looking forward to testing the water somewhere that’s fair.

I think it will eventually level things out. When tech companies realize folks have other options, they will stop bowing to one side. They will again cater to all folks instead of just 50%, it only makes dollars and sense/cents to cater to the largest customer base possible. Facebook right now has no real competition. Let capitalism do it’s thing and eventually they will change their tune. Or not, and their profits will suffer: get woke, go broke.

I think it will eventually level things out. When tech companies realize folks have other options, they will stop bowing to one side. They will again cater to all folks instead of just 50%, it only makes dollars and sense/cents to cater to the largest customer base possible. Facebook right now has no real competition. Let capitalism do it’s thing and eventually they will change their tune. Or not, and their profits will suffer: get woke, go broke.

I certainly prefer that thought process to how I was looking at it.

I don't think the youth even use facebook anymore so I'd say it does have some competition. Less so amongst the 30 and up crowds.

I certainly prefer that thought process to how I was looking at it.

I don't think the youth even use facebook anymore so I'd say it does have some competition. Less so amongst the 30 and up crowds.
I don’t use any of it but I am not sure my kids even know what FB is. I think they use snap chat for everything.

I use Facebook for their marketplace. Other then that, I don’t follow much on it anymore. I use too, but have quit for the most part.

I am disappointed that so many of us only want to interact with people who agree with us, or are just like us for the most part. We seem to think anyone who did not vote for (insert your choice of President) is a moron and is somehow un-American. Are you a Fox person, or a CNN person – both are shamefully bias in my opinion, and most talking heads are not worthy to be called Journalists. Now, the same thing seems to be sorting itself on social media platforms, as each is no more than echo chamber where we only hear from other users that agree with us – no one with a different point of view is tolerated, much less actually listened to. It is no wonder there is so much anger going around. I just hope enough of us can just open our hearts and our ears to appreciate what the “other guy” is going through… on both sides.

To me it is all the warnings, and deleting posts, and being kicked off their site because you post the vaccine mandates are no longer required because Omicron is less of a threat then the flu. But that statement only got me suspended for a week. But with a warning of a month next time.

I am disappointed that so many of us only want to interact with people who agree with us, or are just like us for the most part. We seem to think anyone who did not vote for (insert your choice of President) is a moron and is somehow un-American. Are you a Fox person, or a CNN person – both are shamefully bias in my opinion, and most talking heads are not worthy to be called Journalists. Now, the same thing seems to be sorting itself on social media platforms, as each is no more than echo chamber where we only hear from other users that agree with us – no one with a different point of view is tolerated, much less actually listened to. It is no wonder there is so much anger going around. I just hope enough of us can just open our hearts and our ears to appreciate what the “other guy” is going through… on both sides.
Wait, is there a CNN person???? LOL. There a reason why CNN ratings are about zero and Fox News is about almost everybody. . One only has to watch each to figure that out. Anyways, when you post a fact on certain media like the vaccine requirements are going away and you get banned what does that really tell you? There’s one side that has turned everything into a cancel mentality and people can only take so much of that. I laugh now as even the Dems are getting canceled. And they don’t like it. LOL.

I tend to be pretty conservative/libertarian in my thinking, both socially and fiscally. I remember when Rush Limbaugh hit the airwaves. After about a week, it was the last thing I wanted to listen to. Why in the world would I want to listen to someone regurgitate over an over positions which i, for the most par, agree. Absolutely nothing to be learned. It is comical to me that folks on the right impute the intention to destroy the country to folks on the left impute the same intentions to folks on the right. The reality is that folks on BOTH sides generally have the best of intentions for the country. They simply see things from different perspectives and believe that their policies will best benefit the country.

I much prefer to listen to folks with different views from my own. I want to leave the door open to changing my opinion in the rare case I can be convinced to. More importantly, understanding why folks with different views think they way they do is the best way for me to construct arguments that have the potential to convince them.

Short of this, it is just the noise of folks yelling slogans at one another and it is outside nations that benefit from our division as well as many commercial interests here the US.

Just want to say thanks and let you know some folks appreciate having an adult in the room. :emoji_smile:

Just want to say thanks and let you know some folks appreciate having an adult in the room. :emoji_smile:

Wow!

As the mod that’s where I’ll leave it. And I “beg” you now, to do the same. Don’t reply.