Stuck in corporate hell today - all day!!!

j-bird

I am stuck in a day long off-site "come to Jesus" corporate meeting today! I think I would rather brave the cold today than sit thru this.

Our main presenter toady!
coorporate hell.jpg

Feel for you. Just listen for the big pop sound when they pull their head out.

Seeing this thread and the above pic of the presenter - I HAVE to share this.

Back in 1981, when corporate " America " was trying to copy Japanese morale-boosting techniques, the head of our engineering dept. called all the skilled trades workers together first thing in the morning. He told us each morning we would now be singing together as a group to get everyone in the right mood for the day. I shit you NOT !!! While we were all looking at each other, Mr. Head Engineer started belting out " What's - a - matter - you, - gotta - no - respect - ( something, something ) - shut - uppa - you - face !! " ( anyone remember that goofy song??? )

Well............ let me just tell you, - we were in a different mood THEN !!! I wish I had on camera the looks on everyone's faces as he tried to prompt all of us to sing along !!! After Mr. Head Engineer got done singing the song ( by himself ) came a long excruciating silence. Then the oldest man in the maintenance shop broke the silence. " Are you F - ing shittin' me??? !!! " and he walked away. Start & end of singing experiment that day. :p:p:D:D

Yup - it's been rough so far.

Go team:
work more
pay less
travel more
insurance costs more
no bonus
spend less money

bla,bla,bla

I quit my corporate job 11 years ago. I would get shit all month, put up great numbers, not hear anything for a couple days, then the shit would start all over again. The day I quit they begged my to stay, too late.

I was fired from Corporate America. Twice. Older I get the harder it is to keep my mouth shut.

I got divorced and went turkey hunting. Built some blinds, filmed stuff dying, retired.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

.....as I sit on a con call with our new Sr Director of Services.... gag......

He is going to fix everything because he can..... I have heard that for 20 years and 10 other people in his chair.....and its still not fixed.....

well - at least they fed us a decent lunch. Back to the corporate blather.

November - it's, "The beatings will continue until the morale improves"

Batman - this is my first true round with corporate world - I prefer to work where I can get my hands dirty at least once in a while. Now I'm surrounded by guys that "get things done" by sending an e-mail. I get things done - by doing it!

Be present an make the most of it brother! Never know may pick up somthing from those city slicks

It's the same old story............ profits must increase, costs ( corporate-speak for jobs = payroll ), must go way down, strive for 100% efficiency.............. until .......... goods and services produce themselves at NO COST !!!! 100 % pure profit !!!!! Raw materials procure themselves, computers do the engineering, auto-machinery transform things and then -

Hey..... wait a minute..... the automatic machines, computers, and auto-shipping equipment don't purchase our goods & services........ who's gonna buy our STUFF???

This is the result of a small % of people wanting it ALL.

I spent a year in downtown Minneapolis at a international accounting firm with 30,000 U.S. employees and 180,000 worldwide. There was a lot of Kool-Aid being drank there and I was glad to get out! I now work with small business owners, farmers, and individuals that do all sorts of interesting things. Good change for me!

I've worked for a big corp too and the theme is all the same. Still work for another growing company during that day. Ran one successful small business but it's now flooded industry and it's time to move one and is why I started growing a couple years ago for what will be a new business launch for me this year.

...and is why I started growing a couple years ago for what will be a new business launch for me this year.

Medicinal pot? I heard there are only 2 growers in the whole state. Congratulations!

The brow beating is over! I survived and didn't have to chew my arm off or fight the lions! There was a lot of grumbling however. Efficiency and faster response to our customers needs....means work more, faster and harder for the same coin, while they pocket the profit. Why can't the things we enjoy to do in life pay better?????

In college they talked about a career - I've seen how much a$$-kissing a "career" takes - no thanks I really just want a paycheck!

Medicinal pot? I heard there are only 2 growers in the whole state. Congratulations!

Ha! Nope.