Rye with no lime

Pell lime will work faster in sand than in heavier soil, but it doesn't last as long. Am I to understand that the land owner is the one responsible to get lime applied there. Either way I would throw down the rye. It's cheap, so there is little risk if it doesn't do well, and some good benefits if it does.

Pell lime will work faster in sand than in heavier soil, but it doesn't last as long. Am I to understand that the land owner is the one responsible to get lime applied there. Either way I would throw down the rye. It's cheap, so there is little risk if it doesn't do well, and some good benefits if it does.

yeah with this property he covers majority all the big items. equipment rental, gates,posts,lime,ect.. we usually do like a 70/30 cost split on somethings.

No lime. Ph is 4.0
Soil map list it as "muck" in the middle of a swamp. I had a doe and a fawn in it last night. Its 5 yards by 5 yards.

I planted this on memorable day. We trailered in a couple hundred lbs of dirt to raise it up a hair in the water table. It is too wet to plant some years. Tossed seed by hand then walked on it to pack. 4 inches of rain in 2 weeks. Instant plot.

View attachment 10899

Not alot of big trees to the east. Its more like 15 foot tall tag alders for several hundred yards so the sun gets in there from 7 to 2 for sure.

was this disced, throw& mow or just broadcast?

Dragged in with my loyal drag and then compacted with wheeler tires. Here is a photo of my WR and clover I planted. image.jpeg