My little piece of dirt.....

yep.....spent a lot of weekends and most of each summer there! The house is on my dads section and he just wants it to stay in the family.

Grandparents been gone over 20 years, and i still remember just like yesturday coming in on friday evening with a table full enough to feed 20 poeple. Fried chicken, biscuits, tomato gravy, butter beans ,cornbread, bananna pudding, and no telling what else she had cooked!
Fresh chicken was yard bird.

You are making me hungry just reading this haha. Thanks for sharing.

I did not have a camera with me when I made a walk about this weekend. I had left it in the truck.
Trees are doing great with the rain we have had this summer. A lot of thickening up growth coming in also! lot of new bedding area! looking for a good upcoming season.

This far south....we don't do our fall plots till middle September-first week of October. I'm going to be doing some plot prep starting next week.
I will post some plot pictures when I get them in.

Last edited:
Im ready to turn some ground under. Got the seed bought and going to get some seed in the ground this weekend.
Im also going to check the acorn crop out this weekend.
will not be long till bow season!!!

The other weekend my boys helped make a ground blind.
this spot is eat up with deer tracks.

Last edited:
Good to see the boys involved, making memories and future hunters.

Good to see the boys involved, making memories and future hunters.
Thats right and they are growing up fast to!

Got the bottom plot planted in wheat.Take a look at the camo box blind.

This is my oldest son putting out seed on the bottom plot. I mainly save this plot for him. He has killed a good many deer on this plot.
The blind is hidden so good that the deer never see you.

This is a plot on the edge of a big thicket bedding area.
He is paying his dues today!

Got the powerline planted.
its oats, rye, wheat with crimson and ladino clover.

Got this spot cleaned up good. should be able to get a shot off on one crossing this lane.

Good looking! Looks like you guys have had a busy week. That mix you put on the power line should make some good food for your deer plus a good place to set a stand.

Yep ,we got a lot done this weekend. Feels good to get seed in the ground!

I dont really know what these flowers are, but I found them in one end of the young cutover.

Most of the acorns i saw this weekend was water oak. Looks like the white oaks are on an off year at my place so maybe the plots will be a great draw for the deer this year!

Had another good weekend at my place!
last minute prep for bow season and planted the last two plots.
Our bow season opens Oct. 1 so not long now.

Got a stand set up on a good trail that runs 18 yards from the stand.
we set this stand up for my son, and he is really excited about this spot.
This is his first year to hunt with a bow.
Think he has a good chance at one from this spot.

Last edited:
Planted a couple lanes in the young regroth pines. should be a good spot to get a chance at one before the season is gone.

Good luck to you and your son! It looks like your place is ready.

Good luck to you and your son! It looks like your place is ready.
It is...nothing to do but hunt now!
We are ready!