Must have tractor attachments

It was a guesstimate, I have read the remotes were $1100, and the top link and hoses were about $300. I assumed $100 tax. That would be dealer installed.

They picked up my tractor on Tuesday about noon, they called me today and said it was done. The banjo bolt on the return line had too small of a hole. They replaced the line and a new banjo bolt, they said the hydraulics work much faster now. They said they will be dropping it off tomorrow morning. I decided not to have them add the remotes.

Last edited:
Today I finally got around to cleaning up more of my log landing......which was created 5 years ago. I had cleaned up several other acres over that time....but put-off this area until today.

One tool I used today.....I wish I had available several years back. I've owned a Ford Industrial landscape rake for many years....but until this year could not mount it on the front of my tractor via the 3 point QA loader plate made by Titan accessories. This is a real game changer when cleaning up sticks and debris. I estimate it would have taken me all day to clean up what I did in an hour and a half today. Plus.....I would be shot for two days thereafter. (Yeah....getting old). Lots easier to operate that landscape rake when it's front mounted.....and never left the seat to clean the sticks from between the teeth.

Anyway I cleaned up about 3/4 acre more of the "big rifle range food plot" which now totals about 3+ acres. It's now over 500 yards long.....running down the center of an 80 I own.....with nice timber and good bedding sites surrounding the plot. I drilled buckwheat and sunflowers with a bit of clover into the new ground. Needs a soil sample to determine the PH.....but the dirt looks good.

IMG_0505.JPGIMG_0507.JPG

I am picking up a subcompact tractor this weekend, I also ordered a 60” bucket, a grapple bucket, a quick hitch, a box blade, fluid filled tires, and hooks welded on the bucket. I already have a disc, sprayer, and a landscape rake. Just wondering if there is any other must haves?

I will be mostly using it for firewood, food plots, yard leveling, and other yard work.
6FC30A9C-A5AC-4555-BECB-F17DECD0B1A7.jpeg

One of these!

Today I finally got around to cleaning up more of my log landing......which was created 5 years ago. I had cleaned up several other acres over that time....but put-off this area until today.

One tool I used today.....I wish I had available several years back. I've owned a Ford Industrial landscape rake for many years....but until this year could not mount it on the front of my tractor via the 3 point QA loader plate made by Titan accessories. This is a real game changer when cleaning up sticks and debris. I estimate it would have taken me all day to clean up what I did in an hour and a half today. Plus.....I would be shot for two days thereafter. (Yeah....getting old). Lots easier to operate that landscape rake when it's front mounted.....and never left the seat to clean the sticks from between the teeth.

Anyway I cleaned up about 3/4 acre more of the "big rifle range food plot" which now totals about 3+ acres. It's now over 500 yards long.....running down the center of an 80 I own.....with nice timber and good bedding sites surrounding the plot. I drilled buckwheat and sunflowers with a bit of clover into the new ground. Needs a soil sample to determine the PH.....but the dirt looks good.

View attachment 44652View attachment 44653

I broke my rake a couple weeks ago, the tractor went down into a dip and I got it wedged, couldn’t move forward or backwards, and I had the 3 point all the way up. Would have been nice if it was front mounted.

I broke my rake a couple weeks ago, the tractor went down into a dip and I got it wedged, couldn’t move forward or backwards, and I had the 3 point all the way up. Would have been nice if it was front mounted.
I have not tried grading my road or other tasks yet. Takes a bit of joystick manipulation in soft dirt like I had......but I got allot done in a short time. More work like this to do.

Kinda wondering how this may plow snow for me. I've heard other folks use a landscape rake for snow....if you dont need a super clean job. I suppose a sheet of plastic may make it a great snow plow (?).

Check with titan they have really good implements,agree on forks make it easy to pick up tote frame full of firewood

View attachment 44652View attachment 44653

You amaze with the shiz you think up. Great idea on the front fork to push like a shop broom. is that 3 pt adapter plate on the front boom off the shelf buy or custom?

You amaze with the shiz you think up. Great idea on the front fork to push like a shop broom. is that 3 pt adapter plate on the front boom off the shelf buy or custom?
LOL....fun to try new stuff. That adaptor plate is made by Titan. It's got a 3 point hitch affair and a receiver hitch combined into the unit. I can also then use it to attach my Herd spreader to that plate via the receiver hitch.....lift it high over the crops......and broadcast seed.

I tried to front mount my roller/crimper to this plate......but found that to be a no-go.....due to steering isssues and (IMO) excessive stress on the loader. <-----that was my principle reason to purchase that plate, but I had always wanted to try that landscape rake like shown and consider other uses too.

Do you just set the loader in float, then drive forward?

Do you just set the loader in float, then drive forward?
No.....I tried that and the teeth would dig and bring the front axel up. Had to carefully adjust heights with the joy stick as I pushed the debris......to keep from digging too deeply. Not real easy as it's hard to tell how deep your raking.

Just like on the back....guage wheels would be helpful. I even thought about jerry-rigging "skids" to control depth. But I have such a small project that it surely does not pay for me to do this. I just paid close attention.....and got the job done. Kinda dozed the sticks and debris into a pile so it will compost itself over time.

Does anyone here own a 3 point auger from Tractor Supply, and run it on a compact tractor? I was just wondering how well it works. Reading the reviews, they are all over the place. Some say they love it, others say it’s more of a home project item, that isn’t made to drill more then 50 holes until you throw it away.

It seems I keep finding projects that I need to put posts in the ground, and I am getting too old to keep hand digging them.

Does anyone here own a 3 point auger from Tractor Supply, and run it on a compact tractor? I was just wondering how well it works. Reading the reviews, they are all over the place. Some say they love it, others say it’s more of a home project item, that isn’t made to drill more then 50 holes until you throw it away.

It seems I keep finding projects that I need to put posts in the ground, and I am getting too old to keep hand digging them.
I have one and It works great on my 3560 Kubota. I have drilled more than 50 holes with it ;-)

^. Not a tool I would think would present many issues. I have one.....made by woods. I suppose the gear box is the biggest factor in a PH Digger. Never seen one with a bent up frame and the augers seem to last forever. Not sure why folks would have issues with the Tractor Supply brandl?? I would think it is either King Kutter or Country Line. One of those tools that I think will last forever if you use it within it's intended purpose. Have not used mine for a few years now.

I have the Behlen auger from farm and Fleet. Bought 6 plus years ago and have probably dug 300+ holes a year with it. In places we have rocky soil and it has held up very well. It has been a workhorse for me. I use it on my Kubota MX5800.

I have the TSC auger and run off the PTO of the Kubota M6040( ~ 60 HP)

No issues... Reliable thus far

bill

I have had a County Line auger from TSC for at least 15 years. Not a compact tractor but I use it on my John Deere 5400 and it works just fine. I have augured hundreds of holes with it into pretty rocky soil. I have sheared a pin or two over the years but have had no major issues.

I drilled 50 post holes with it for my orchard fence and about 20 more when I built the garden fence….post holes for blind platforms, posts for mock scrapes, countless holes for planting trees - you name it. Keeps right on ticking.

I always mount the boom in the middle hole for the top link on the tractor which works best for me.
D531F756-B266-4A9B-844D-7957E113F6A1.jpeg

D545CB60-08AD-4031-BFFE-695B1A6E9A18.jpeg

Pro Tip - For storage, auger it into the ground about 2 feet and then set the PTO shaft on a concrete block - easy to drop and hook up to.
63C358DF-4D56-45BE-96D2-ED783B7E1968.jpeg