Must have tractor attachments

I do believe the exhaust comes out right there.
Even if that is not a problem, I'd be a bit upset with the dealer wo left that unit leave the lot. Sounds like there was no final checkout.

Even if that is not a problem, I'd be a bit upset with the dealer wo left that unit leave the lot. Sounds like there was no final checkout.

I am upset, I will not recommend them, and I have called and vented to the sales manager, and he sent my call to the service manager, which I vented to him. He asked me to fill the fluid, and retest it, if it still had any problems he would drive the 3.5 hours each way and take a look at it himself. He did say he was going to have a talk with the tech who set it up as well.

With my new method of using a no till drill and planting cover crops to suppress weeds......comes a need to terminate that rye. As I also have other crops to save under that rye....like red and white clovers and dealer small Burnett.....I have a need to terminate the rye but save those other things growing. Also, I have just planted my warm season mix "green" into the rye @ about 30 lbs / acre. So...in a few weeks I will terminate the rye with my Goliath crimper. I took it for a test crimp today....and it does a smashing job. ;).

So for me, that roller crimper becomes an important piece of equipment in my plans.

Here are some pics.....

The third pic shown was planted with a summer release mix using my tar river Saya drill last week.....and the rye was pretty much flattened. It stood right back up over the past few days....and now will put on some more growth for more biomass before I terminate it with the crimper. The rye is now about 3 feet high...and growing quickly. Exciting stuff seeing the fruition of last years efforts. Looking forward to the effects of that mulch on the crops that are growing under that cover. The last pic shows the rye stalk that has been crushed in multiple places....which effectively terminates the rye and the seed from becoming viable (when done at the proper time).

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    962.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I put it to work today, I am really impressed. Yesterday I spread 24 yards of gravel, and today 3 big loads of big logs. Some of the logs were 24”, and longer then my 22’ trailer. Ya the logs are just popal but they are still heavy. I only took pictures of 2 of the loads.

235B8B79-3316-44F0-89E8-7714A0050D65.jpeg
8BFA9611-D000-406F-9415-6106E66D6127.jpeg

The hydraulics do work better, and run cooler, but I still think they are slow, and slow down more when it gets hot.

I leave my scraper blade almost all year. I use it to grade driveway, level out topsoil, grade horse pastures, and plow snow. Although it doesn't carry as much dirt as a box blade I find a scraper blade more versatile. They can be found cheap also.

Picking up a used 6 foot rear blade for $200 tomorrow, hoping it will be a little easier to make things level, without digging trenches every 20 feet.

Last edited:
I put it to work today, I am really impressed. Yesterday I spread 24 yards of gravel, and today 3 big loads of big logs. Some of the logs were 24”, and longer then my 22’ trailer. Ya the logs are just popal but they are still heavy. I only took pictures of 2 of the loads.

Just curious. What do you do with your poplar? I have a lot of it...just about useless for anything. Not worth my time bucking and splitting it, even for use in my evaporator. Are you selling it to paper mills?

Picking up a used 6 foot rear blade for $200 tomorrow, hoping it will be a little easier to make things level, without digging trenches every 20 feet.
Nice, you will love it. The box blade is good for carrying a little material around but the blade will work alot better for leveling it out. Works great in conjunction with the loader. It doesn't seem like it would work but I use my for snow plowing. Drive right thru the blade down angled to the right. Works awesome up to about a foot of snow, then I use the bucket.

Attachments

• 0201211511_HDR.jpg
    0201211511_HDR.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 17
Just curious. What do you do with your poplar? I have a lot of it...just about useless for anything. Not worth my time bucking and splitting it, even for use in my evaporator. Are you selling it to paper mills?
I just installed a wood boiler, and I am planning on burning it. I work from home, so no big deal if I have to load it every 4-6 hours. I have plenty of hard wood as well for overnights.

I have land about
I have land about 45 minutes south of Scott's. All my poplar went to the paper company. They also have a bio power plant where they chip it and use it produce power.

58d5fa944b3ef2b57aad4acdc64da716.jpg

Carl I saved a couple acorns. Didn’t stuff them all in the ground up North. This one lives. At least I think it’s an oak. Mrs Kooch pulled it thinking it was a weed and there was an acorn. We planted a few in a couple planters last Fall before we knew we were going to move for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^

Shoot. Wrong thread.

Even worse. Wrong forum! Meant to post this over on the Northerner outcast forum!

Even worse. Wrong forum! Meant to post this over on the Northerner outcast forum!

BAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. That South Dakota lifestyle is gonna take you down. ;).

Let us know what Carl thinks about it will ya? :emoji_wink:

BAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. That South Dakota lifestyle is gonna take you down. ;).

Blissfully unaware of anything that’s happened in the twin cities in the last 30 days.

Let us know what Carl thinks about it will ya? :emoji_wink:

Carl says he’s glad, and he can send me more this fall.

The dealer called me today said land pride issued a recall on the third function valve hose for certain serial numbers, where the hose was crimped to tight and it would cause the fluid to get really hot, and make things slow. They are going to drive 4 hours to pick it up, change the hose, and valve, also change the hydraulic fluid, and filters for free, then drop it back off. I thought that was better then telling me to go to the local dealer, although I would have.

I didn’t order it with rear remotes, and I would like to have a hydraulic top link. Wondering if those of you that have the hydraulic top link, thinks it would be worth the $1500 it would cost to install the rear remotes, and also purchase the top link? I know running that box blade it would sure come in handy. I haven’t tried the rear blade yet I bought last weekend yet.

The dealer called me today said land pride issued a recall on the third function valve hose for certain serial numbers, where the hose was crimped to tight and it would cause the fluid to get really hot, and make things slow. They are going to drive 4 hours to pick it up, change the hose, and valve, also change the hydraulic fluid, and filters for free, then drop it back off. I thought that was better then telling me to go to the local dealer, although I would have.

I didn’t order it with rear remotes, and I would like to have a hydraulic top link. Wondering if those of you that have the hydraulic top link, thinks it would be worth the $1500 it would cost to install the rear remotes, and also purchase the top link? I know running that box blade it would sure come in handy. I haven’t tried the rear blade yet I bought last weekend yet.

Is that $1500 the cost for the dealer or to install yourself?

When I was looking I found a well reviewed supplier of the kits to add remotes and hydro top links that was a notable amount cheaper than paying the dealer to do it and they supposedly have better valves as the kubota ones seem to be more prone to issues.

I didn’t have time to mess with it and wanted a little cleaner install so I just had remotes added by the dealer but think the other option is probably appealing for lots of people.

I have two sets of rear remotes and the two valves to operate same. I don't recall paying anywhere close to that number you state here. Adding another remote to a Kubota is cheap compared to the green painted tractors.....IME. I have a hydraulic top link.....and I would not want to live without it. Far easier to hook up and adjust the implements....even on the fly. I think I added mine for about $200 or so....doing the work myself.