Must have tractor attachments

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I am picking up a subcompact tractor this weekend, I also ordered a 60” bucket, a grapple bucket, a quick hitch, a box blade, fluid filled tires, and hooks welded on the bucket. I already have a disc, sprayer, and a landscape rake. Just wondering if there is any other must haves?

I will be mostly using it for firewood, food plots, yard leveling, and other yard work.

We’ve got a tiller and a rear rotary mower. The tiller makes a great seed bed but it’s slow. I think I might get a disc someday. I’ve got a cultipacker I pull with the atv. Wouldn’t mind a 3 pt version.

A tiller is on the list of wants. I will also be picking up a 3 point draw bar hitch for moving trailers around.

A tiller is on the list of wants. I will also be picking up a 3 point draw bar hitch for moving trailers around.
I leave my scraper blade almost all year. I use it to grade driveway, level out topsoil, grade horse pastures, and plow snow. Although it doesn't carry as much dirt as a box blade I find a scraper blade more versatile. They can be found cheap also.

I leave my scraper blade almost all year. I use it to grade driveway, level out topsoil, grade horse pastures, and plow snow. Although it doesn't carry as much dirt as a box blade I find a scraper blade more versatile. They can be found cheap also.

I have been looking at used blades, but most aren’t quick attach comparable. If I find a used one that is compatible with the quick attach hitch, I will be buying it.

Cone fertilizer spreader.

That would be a good idea! I have a pull behind spreader, but a cone spreader will be a good replacement for it.

I would also like to get a post hole digger. It seems several times a summer I can use one. My brother has one, and I am sure he would let me use it, but he lives 40 miles away, so 80 miles to pick it up, 80 miles to return it, and with todays gas prices, just a couple trips to use his “free” post hole digger, I could have just bought one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 356
You have most of the bases covered. I would have to agree that the Quick Hitch is probably a very high priority if you plqn to use 3 Pt attachments, but of course, all of your implements have to be compatable. I cant tell you how many hours (and frustrations) the Q H has saved me over the years. I can drop one implement and hook up to another in a minute or two at the most.

The only implement I have that can not be used with the quick hitch is the auger (posthole digger) so you have to remove the quick hitch in order to use it. If you ditch the cotter pins and replace them with clevice pins you can manage this much faster.

7C34018C-1459-4F75-864C-2D31C56F0358.jpeg

CE80EF84-8FE5-4956-AC25-8E2B80D6F992.jpeg

A snow plow and back blade come in handy if you are in snow country…
D6406A56-B7D7-4D5F-BA76-E3D65C19E17A.jpeg

You can get by with bucket forks but a true fork lift is a much better option as you can get closer to whatever you are picking up and then lift more weight. I use mine more than I would have expected…
91F26C72-684A-4F6F-B3DD-BA8CE94EB325.jpeg

If you are still using fertilizer and/or pelletized lime a cyclone spreader is the way to go…

CD1F7175-0D57-4F34-9AEB-C82F0E26C4AF.jpeg

Of course you need to clean and lube it well due to the corrosion. I eventually had to install a stainless spin plate for mine.
49604AC8-1C77-4EC6-A678-1790AF63F871.jpeg

Don’t have a crimper yet so have been getting by with a cultipacker…
545DB350-5180-41B5-8A23-BAF35B714199.jpeg

Another time saver is the 3 pt sprayer. If you plant anything more than a few acres the time savings and efficiency with the larger sprayer is invaluable…
0548D7E7-200B-4D67-9219-A29D6EB8A22C.jpeg

Of course, the no-till drill is a very nice addition, but more exlensive than the other implements

Congrats on the new tractor.
FA0B4FA2-83D9-4E5C-8D24-6B7021FF4F8A.jpeg

Attachments

• F11B8351-70B5-4C13-99D2-CEE9F8B1E47E.jpeg
    F11B8351-70B5-4C13-99D2-CEE9F8B1E47E.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 18
I forgot to mention, I also ordered front forks as well. Not the ones that bolt to the bucket, but are regular 42” front forks from land pride.

cultipacker. could make a homemade one easily. Although those R4's work pretty good as is,.

something to mow with. Think a belly mower would be fine. Mowing clover down to 5 inch is ok, I wouldnt go any lower.

You might be able to get a flip down paddle attachment for the york rake.

Just wish someone made a box blade with S tines instead of ripper blades. Or swap them out.

A rotary cutter or flail mower would be on my list.

And congratulations on the new tractor.

At this time I don’t have much for food plots. I use to have 3 separate 3/4 acre plots, but I am down to 2 now, the other is now an apple orchard. But I am planning to continue to plant clover and rye into it.

A rotary cutter or flail mower would be on my list.

And congratulations on the new tractor.

Absolutely. I have managed to get by with a rotary mower but now that I am planting alfalfa a flail mower would be real nice.

I am picking up a subcompact tractor this weekend, I also ordered a 60” bucket, a grapple bucket, a quick hitch, a box blade, fluid filled tires, and hooks welded on the bucket. I already have a disc, sprayer, and a landscape rake. Just wondering if there is any other must haves?

I will be mostly using it for firewood, food plots, yard leveling, and other yard work.

You probably know this, but since you mentioned welded hooks on the bucket, I'll mention it for others. Those hooks work great for lifting stuff, but don't try to use them to drag or pull stuff. A FEL is not designed for stress in that direction.

You might want some additional weight on the back when using the loader.

Also, when I got my 2011 L3200 it was not very good at starting in the cold. If you needed to leave it outside below 20 deg F, it wouldn't start unless it was plugged in. Most tractors dont come with a block heater. I added a backup light to mine too,. Im always working till after dark, additional lighting for the front on the rops might be nice too.

You need to remove any snow where you are?

Also, when I got my 2011 L3200 it was not very good at starting in the cold. If you needed to leave it outside below 20 deg F, it wouldn't start unless it was plugged in. Most tractors dont come with a block heater. I added a backup light to mine too,. Im always working till after dark, additional lighting for the front on the rops might be nice too.

You need to remove any snow where you are?

Block heater is a good idea, was a $200 option on my new 'bota so not too painful to have the dealership take care of it.