Live from the stand thread

Early teal and goose in Wisconsin.
e51dc7bc59ccc834b5b398dbc9b0b163.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Interesting morning. Had a coyote to chase a doe and fawn in a shooting lane, but too far away for me to shoot yote. Ten minutes later a young buck standing in the same spot eating tender stuff growing back from where I mowed. Also two more young bucks just devouring the tops of partridge pea. Does all around in every direction. A few days ago I saw two nice 140 class bucks from here - but not ones I would shoot this year.

PS - I’m not hunting my best bow spot today. I’m waiting for when the time and wind is right.

Deer in the pic is a mature 8 point but I’m not hunting him. He just worked a cedar where I shot my deer last year. 150 yds away right now.

IMG_3409.jpeg

Our bow season came in this morning. Must be a slow year - I’ve heard less than 50 gunshots by 6:30 AM
They're just sighting in their rifles, Native - no need to worry!! Sighting in at first - or last - light is just a coincidence for dozens of guys ............. 🙄😡

The wind has been almost non-existent the last 3 days here, the deer are moving around with the cooler temps, but I am not willing to get busted the 1st week of season. I havent seen a shooter in a few weeks now anyways. The "Home" buck is around, but he needs a couple more years to be a shooter.

The wind has been almost non-existent the last 3 days here, the deer are moving around with the cooler temps, but I am not willing to get busted the 1st week of season. I havent seen a shooter in a few weeks now anyways. The "Home" buck is around, but he needs a couple more years to be a shooter.
I’m saving my best place right now and only hunting where I can get in and out without being detected. Not a great chance for a shot at the present time but good intel for later.

^you guys saving your best spots for peak conditions are upper level. That belongs in a best tactics/practices thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for a while this morning. Just watched another fight. This one within xbow range. Buck fighting were 120ish or less. A bigger one left them a few minutes earlier. See fight in center of pic below.

IMG_3439.jpeg