Live from the stand thread

That reminds me of the old days in Bradford County. I miss it but not really, it was always an uphill drag.
My in laws place is in Bradford county! Might be heading there this afternoon.

Got my target buck tonight on opening day. Couldn't believe he stepped out while it was still light because he's a spooky one. I believe he's 7.5 y/o and I have his sheds from 2 years ago. He did decline from last year. Couldn't send a live from the stand-no cell signal haha.
6e31f2dab33b52ff32c208fcf51517e9.jpg
f3032b415b89681427356133eb7ac481.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Got my target buck tonight on opening day. Couldn't believe he stepped out while it was still light because he's a spooky one. I believe he's 7.5 y/o and I have his sheds from 2 years ago. He did decline from last year. Couldn't send a live from the stand-no cell signal haha.
6e31f2dab33b52ff32c208fcf51517e9.jpg
f3032b415b89681427356133eb7ac481.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Stud!

20221203_135435.jpg
Conditions are right this evening to sit in the plot stand with the muzzle loader. Have had two shooters in the plot in the last week just after dark. Hoping the cold front and 25° temp drop have them showing up in daylight. Got into the blind pretty clean, I think.

Y’all get it done…on the couch watching my Dawgs play, gonna have to sit this one out

Well I was fortunate enough to tag the wide 8 pointer tonight. I was unfortunate enough to misplace my phone after all the excitement. My neighbor came to help with the recovery and took a few photos, but I won't have them until I get my phone back. Going to look for it in the AM. Pics of the deer are in the October trail camera thread. He's 22" wide. Might be moving slow in the morning, definitely my biggest buck to date.

Oof hes a monster... what brought him out, the soybeans?

Oof hes a monster... what brought him out, the soybeans?
The temperature drop and the second rut would be my guess, but it mostly seemed like he was interested in the food.
First time walking through the plot in a good while, I'm going to have to thin out some does yet this year. The food isn't going to last much longer and that's with about 4 acres planted. Tickled to have some success this year, first year owning the place, but I'm going to be making some changes, for sure.

Well I was fortunate enough to tag the wide 8 pointer tonight. I was unfortunate enough to misplace my phone after all the excitement. My neighbor came to help with the recovery and took a few photos, but I won't have them until I get my phone back. Going to look for it in the AM. Pics of the deer are in the October trail camera thread. He's 22" wide. Might be moving slow in the morning, definitely my biggest buck to date.
Just went back and looked. Good lord that is a giant! Congrats can’t wait to see pics. This is on that new place you mentioned getting this summer?

Just went back and looked. Good lord that is a giant! Congrats can’t wait to see pics. This is on that new place you mentioned getting this summer?
Yes it is, for not knowing the area or anyone that lives in the area, I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of deer in the neighborhood. The archery season didn't go as planned, I never even laid eyes on a shooter, but I'm pretty sure I had some come through on me in the dark. Everytime I zigged, they zagged. Happy to be able to close the deal on one with the muzzleloader.

I should have some pics by this afternoon, either I find my phone in the daylight or stop to get a new one on the way home.

Last edited:
It's hard to get anything done nowadays without a cell phone. Got a couple of the pics emailed to me. The pictures don't do him justice. The neighbor said he believes him to be 6.5 years old. I've got a pair of sheds of his from two years ago that were left to me by the seller, but didn't have them along for the pictures. Headed to the taxidermist later this morning.

image1.jpegimage0.jpeg

It's hard to get anything done nowadays without a cell phone. Got a couple of the pics emailed to me. The pictures don't do him justice. The neighbor said he believes him to be 6.5 years old. I've got a pair of sheds of his from two years ago that were left to me by the seller, but didn't have them along for the pictures. Headed to the taxidermist later this morning.

View attachment 47801View attachment 47800
Amazing deer! Congrats again.

Congratulations Brian!

Hold on...things get strange--read on.
As a mentor at this weekend's North Missouri Field to Fork hunter recruitment event, I was excited to learn my 39 year old son was interested in trying out deer hunting. He (and the others first time hunters) all harvested a doe during Missouri's Anterless season. After he harvested their deer, I took an additional management doe from the same blind as my son. Now things get weird....

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 4.53.25 PM.png
When we went to track his deer, which had gone about 60 yards, we found a skunk feasting on its backstraps!

This is a picture from the video we took...I was eventually able to get the skunk to retreat without shooting it or having it spray, but as we drug the deer out of the woods, it followed us all of the way.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 4.59.41 PM.png

Since we lived in California during our son's school years, hunting was not a part of his culture. He loved the NDAs Field to Fork experience, and I was proud that he wanted to dress and process the deer by himself. I believe we have another habitat manager and deer hunters in our household!