Live from the stand thread

Down here in Missouri, the deer do not like to stay in the corn fields during high winds. That may drive them back into the bedding areas and help our hunting. I hope!

I may have screwed up tonight. I let a good one walk. Sad part is my video was focusing on a limb 10 feet in front of me as he walked away

Forgot to post this the other day. I posted this buck but not his battering ram. Turn the V up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kids I have hunting down here said they saw 15 different bucks chasing yesterday afternoon on one farm. and it was over 70 degrees. Maybe there will be hope yet for the big ones to come out with the cooler weather this weekend!

Man I wish I hunted in an area where mature bucks just wander around in the daylight. Pretty much does not happen in SE Alabama, especially on my place, even with very limited pressure.Also would be nice to hunt a place where I could actually pass on a deer like that last video because it was likely something larger would be along.You guys do not know how good you have it.

Last try before rifle season starts tomorrow. Hunting public land, a hardwood forest with thick brush in the background of this pic. Behind that is a little creek with even thicker stuff.

Got off track walking in and ended up about 100 yards closer to a busy road than I wanted, but I would think the deer in here would be used to the road noise.

c9a2a334911ee77dd2689c355bfe9a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Man I wish I hunted in an area where mature bucks just wander around in the daylight. Pretty much does not happen in SE Alabama, especially on my place, even with very limited pressure.Also would be nice to hunt a place where I could actually pass on a deer like that last video because it was likely something larger would be along.You guys do not know how good you have it.

No we know, and we appreciate the heck out of it.

You can have it good as well! I have one of the best 200 acre hunting pieces in Worth County Missouri for sale. Get your check book out! LOL

The Bucks even stand there for selfies! LOL

selfy.PNG

Mo that's awesome !

Nice one Scott, good luck this weekend guys

Normally with a temp drop like this, I would be all excited to get out in the morning:

2d75ee9c9bb5b63d7ba2c721d014418f.jpg

But when it comes with a forecast like this, I'm not nearly as excited:

713a36bc2f4435525cc17ac2bc6a30bc.jpg

For the first time maybe ever, I think Jake and I are going to take opening morning off!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Taking opening morning off. Isn't that against the law in this state?
I'm sure it is.

I could stand an hour or two I'm sure, but with that kind of wind I don't think Jake would make it a half hour.

We will sleep in and take our chances with the authorities

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is sitting out tomorrow morning, as the box blind I built for her was blown over this afternoon. The stakes holding the supports to keep it from tipping were obviously not deep enough.

Only in Wisconsin do weather advisories mention deer hunting!
. Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon CST Saturday...

A Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon CST Saturday.

* Timing... through Saturday morning.

* Winds... wind gusts have generally been measuring between 40 and
50 mph this evening... with a peak gust of 53 mph in Monroe.
These blustery west southwest winds will gradually shift to the
northwest and remain at a similar strength through the night.

* Impacts... hunters heading out for opening day of Deer hunting
season should be alert for falling branches. Weak trees may
even topple under the strong winds. Driving will be difficult
for high profile vehicles.

My wife is sitting out tomorrow morning, as the box blind I built for her was blown over this afternoon. The stakes holding the supports to keep it from tipping were obviously not deep enough.
That sucks. I'm hoping the one we built for my dad is alright. This is the first wind storm since we finished building it.

Be careful out there ,our wind finally died down here in Kansas.Thats why I have a pole set in cement on the north and south side of my elevated blinds

Well it's opening morning wind blowing and Mr heater going. Hope everyone has a good hunt and stay safe.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_055014340.jpg
    IMG_20161119_055014340.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 18
Had to lower my portable ladder stand from 12 ft high down to 6. Seriously felt like I was going to blow over.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

It took til 20 minutes after opening to hear a shot. Normally I hear a couple 20 minutes before light. So far I've heard 2 shots way in the distance. I think the numbers this year are really going to be down...