All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

30 degrees and a dusting of snow here in Juneau. Gentle breeze out of the west :rolleyes:
53f1fd58433f65f8d07281632908456a.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Had a buck run past me at 30 yards, never gave me a shot.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm 20' up in a ladder stand. This must be what deep sea fishing feels like with the waves. I'm getting blown all over.

Nothing here. Slow morning.

Up to 8 which I'm super surprised. Little bucks chasing doe. Nothing big yet.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Another opener and a goose egg. One shot close all morning.

Got the boy out right now. Hope to see something this evening. They were all over the place this morning.
6526c8066e020ac47e2d651050f4f408.jpg
60c1f7996acf87e14c83379005420861.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just had a doe and young buck sprint by us. His tongue was dragging! She's making him work for it.

Bigger one just came by but to far out.

It was one of those days....

Between the four of us we saw 46 deer with one buck shot and two shooters living to see another day. My 70 year old dad shot a 2.5 year old 8pt that "looked much bigger when I shot."

One shooter got away when the gun misfired. The little lady isnt real happy with that. Biggest buck she has ever saw. The other was just plain missed. Tough shooting in this wind. My excuse. ☺

If we would of connected on those we would of shot three shooters this year on the property. Close to a Bill season!

Oh well. Happy to have the chance and disappointed we couldn't capitalize. That's hunting!

Sat with my son and saw 5 meatheads. Heard very few shots. Tomorrow will be better.

No idea what's up. Had my son out for his first hunt this PM. A doe entered and cleared 75 yards of beans in a nano second. Told my son get the gun up for what's next! A Fork horn was in hot pursuit.

That's the first chase I've seen and its two week late.

Seen 14 today. Buck chasing does like crazy. Shot him at 4 tonight. Couldn't stand it anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_174243711.jpg
    IMG_20161119_174243711.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 54
Hunting in the blind with my dad today. He had a few strokes and isn't able to get around very well but stubbled into the blind. Now we are just waiting for Mr big to come out. On my way out last night after getting my deer seen 160 bumping does. Hope he steps out this AM. Good luck to everyone and be safe. Sure will be alot of dummy's out there today with this beautiful weather!!!

Hunting in the blind with my dad today. He had a few strokes and isn't able to get around very well but stubbled into the blind. Now we are just waiting for Mr big to come out. On my way out last night after getting my deer seen 160 bumping does. Hope he steps out this AM. Good luck to everyone and be safe. Sure will be alot of dummy's out there today with this beautiful weather!!!

Good luck to you and your dad. Yall lay down a big one!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

My buddy just missed this one at 70 yards with a 300 short mag. He is sick.......LOL!

PICT0001.JPG