All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Sitting in the eagles nest stand watching the bedding area and the clover kill plot. Waiting for mr. big!IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0581.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6df53e03e4b97150de0a691799537352.jpg

Hunt lasted all of two minutes this morning. 10 yard shot. Hadn't even zipped up my jacket or put hat/gloves on yet. In stand right at shooting time. Went ~70 yards. Venison in the freezer!

Congrats!

Congrats scratch and badger on the deer! Just getting caught up on everyone
c4eb8610343dd0b3fec6546f4367ad5d.jpg
here in the stand with Chuck.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Great deer to be able watch from the windows Tap! Quality pic too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Well, he was out there for a couple hours again last night. This time he had a sweetie. I didn't have a chance to see them mate, but I'm sure that they were a couple.
I did film him ripping up one of the basswood trees that I planted.

These aren't high quality pics, The image starts getting grainy when zoomed in during lower light.
I should start a thread where guys can post pics they take from the house. I have a ton of great pics taken from my window. Anyone interested in seeing more? I'll stop jacking this thread and start a new one if anyone cares.
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.03.52 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.03.00 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.02.06 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.01.02 AM.jpg

Well, he was out there for a couple hours again last night. This time he had a sweetie. I didn't have a chance to see them mate, but I'm sure that they were a couple.
I did film him ripping up one of the basswood trees that I planted.

These aren't high quality pics, The image starts getting grainy when zoomed in during lower light.
I should start a thread where guys can post pics they take from the house. I have a ton of great pics taken from my window. Anyone interested in seeing more? I'll stop jacking this thread and start a new one if anyone cares.
View attachment 11466 View attachment 11467 View attachment 11468 View attachment 11469

Do it! I would add to it if I could take a pic worth a damn...

Do it! I would add to it if I could take a pic worth a damn...
Okay. Give me a couple days to get some pics organized for posting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Little guy cruising through

Holy moly that is a dandy buck!

At least that is a pretty coyote. Had a guy bring in the most ugly, dark brown coyote to get tanned this week.

MI's rifle season starts today so I'm switching weapons, looks like it's going to be a bit warmer, 35 right now but it'd heading towards 60-65 for the next few days, is this Nov?

We are not seeing many, if any, bucks over 130" moving around during the daylight. Have seen very little chasing, and the does are still with their fawns.

Have I missed the rut? Or is it the latest rut in history?

I will sit most of the day again, but my ass is sore waiting for something to happen.

We are not seeing many, if any, bucks over 130" moving around during the daylight. Have seen very little chasing, and the does are still with their fawns.

I will sit most of the day again, but my ass is sore waiting for something to happen.
I was kinda wondering the samething here, I've had the last week off and haven't seen the movement/rutting that we usually see the first week in Nov.

Walking out this A.M.IMG_20161115_063120856.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Saw lots of bumping yesterday afternoon and videoed a decent 130's 10 point. Odd thing is I saw the same bumping two weeks ago and then it petered out. A friend of mine is a professional videographer, he's in KY shooting for NA Whitetails. Talked to him last night and he's seeing the same crazy on and off rut stuff there.

Certainly the oddest November I've ever seen.

Same here in Nebraska. The rut has been inconsistent at best this year.

My FIL just dumped one

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk