Live from the stand thread

Didn't see any deer this morning. Then this afternoon I walked up on two does in my food plot after getting out there later than I wanted to for a variety of reasons .

This scrape is over my left shoulder. That's the corner of a rye plot and the drag I work this field with.

b0a804581e798303dd6166d77cbed9c9.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Nothing this morning. Pretty quiet yet this afternoon too. Aside from s few skeeters and a squirrel.

6 does and fawns but nothing close

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Had 2 doe within range but they are off limits for now. They both may be fawns.

I'm going to start a thread called live at my stand.

"While I'm not in it!" :(

My tripod is behind these jokers.

9ba6eaa426bb5a12e78783b637e70855.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw 5 does tonight on my first bow sit in 35 years. What a blast to watch the doe just chow on the radishes. The fawns just picked at some of the oats but once mom was done they got some milk. It was just awesome.

80 degrees check, full moon check, 25 MPhil south winds check. Can't think of a better way to spend the evening. Only 1 doe but fun was had by all.
dc0a1d758a18f6b44608a6155cb4b175.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

80 degrees check, full moon check, 25 MPhil south winds check. Can't think of a better way to spend the evening. Only 1 doe but fun was had by all.
dc0a1d758a18f6b44608a6155cb4b175.jpg

We need a double like button. That just looks fun!
Kinda like a cross between duck hunting and deer hunting.

Saw 5 does tonight on my first bow sit in 35 years. What a blast to watch the doe just chow on the radishes. The fawns just picked at some of the oats but once mom was done they got some milk. It was just awesome.

You just explained perfectly why I enjoy bow hunting so much more than gun season (nothing against gun season). It's all about what you see, not what you harvest.

35 years? That is a long time. Welcome back.

-John

We need a double like button. That just looks fun!
Kinda like a cross between duck hunting and deer hunting.
Enclosed blinds are a game changer for youth that is for sure. They can move and talk and the deer don't even pay it any attention. We have found the combination for an enjoyable hunt, a few deer some legos and plenty of snacks and two hours roll right by.

Waiting for a beast to come walking out of the fog. Had a pair of does walk through, picking out some radish leaves in my brassicas.

60cb7d7f7db35a7b1a6905ba1827ca98.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Congrats Chummer!

Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chummer,
Guess going back was a good idea. Congrats!

Nice job Chummer..congrats

Sent from my Smartphone using Tapatalk

You just explained perfectly why I enjoy bow hunting so much more than gun season (nothing against gun season). It's all about what you see, not what you harvest.

35 years? That is a long time. Welcome back.

-John
Yes I have not bow hunted since I was 13. Too busy when in high school then 8 years in the USAF then just Gun Hunting. Started duck hunting 15 years ago and that was all I did in the fall except for Gun Season. Bought 80 acres 2 years ago and finally had time to try bow hunting again. Think I might sell the duck decoys :)

CHuck

Chummer,
Guess going back was a good idea. Congrats!
It poured overnight so I knew I could sneak in. Went in the dark. I must confess I wasnt to confident because I brought the pole saw with me. I was going to sit for a bit then open the shooting lanes up(temp was rising to 75). I was also going to limb out a spot 150 yards up the hill where the deer have been the last couple years. After 30 minutes I gladly brought the saw home with out using it. First year I won't be eating muzzle loader tag soup in a long time. After smoking a backstrap wrapped in bacon the night before this poor guy didn't stand a chance. For you ballistics guys help me out. This is the second deer I have shot with my muzzleloader, both at close range(30 yards). There is hardly an entry or exit wound, no blood or hair either time. This was the toughest 40 yard tracking job ever. Did not find a drop of blood anywhere. Deer jumped a big log and piled up inside of 40 yards. Walked right by it the first time because I was on the other side of the log. I use the .50 cal yellow tipped bullets with two pellets of triple 7. Shouldn't this setup do more damage than that. The first deer I shot was the same thing but I hit in the liver and it only went 20 yards and laid down and then I finished it off. My buddy says every deer and a bear he has shot with his ML has dropped in its tracks.

Last edited:
Are they Powerbelts? I've heard it's about 50/50 with them. Some think they work great and some say they don't expand at all and cause a pencil type hole with absolutely no blood trail.

Are they Powerbelts? I've heard it's about 50/50 with them. Some think they work great and some say they don't expand at all and cause a pencil type hole with absolutely no blood trail.
Yes and that is exactly what they are doing.