Live from the stand thread

Good luck Scott. Wish I was out there for this cold front action.
Might be my only hunt until Tue., Cooling off nice

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'll be out there this weekend starting tomorrow afternoon. You up at all this weekend?

Might even try Saturday am since the duck hunting has been so lousy.
Unfortunately I won't be back until the first weekend in November. But hopefully that will be prime time. If I'm lucky I may get out for a bit on public here in IL sunday afternoon but it's going to be warm again by then.

12 deer, 8 does and fawns and 4 bucks 2 decent ones but they were couple hundred yds heading through the neighbors soybean field, another one chasing a doe but couldn't get a good look at him

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

First hunt of the season.

Hunting a very low impact stand. In a narrow finger of trees. Hoping to catch a smart one sneaking to a remote bedding area.

Probably not going to see a lot, but the few I do see will be up close and personal.

dc0ccd24a87d5b3bd7bfc948c62ad4db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Morning sit in some public pines between bedding and food. Nothing came through.
1d6d863447343cc77a39bb871390d156.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Finally got skunked this morning. I had seen at least 1 deer every other time this year. My average is typically 6-8 deer a hunt. Perfect weather to be out just need a good piece of ground to hunt.

I ended up seeing a smart one (130+ class 10) but instead of sneaking through the trees by me, he decided to walk through the wide open field at 50 yards. 2+ hours after sunrise. I guess he doesn't feel pressured!

I ended up seeing a smart one (130+ class 10) but instead of sneaking through the trees by me, he decided to walk through the wide open field at 50 yards. 2+ hours after sunrise. I guess he doesn't feel pressured!

Isn't it amazing how that happens.

In the stand this afternoon. Had a nice 8 pt come past twice overnight. I'm guessing 105-115" range. Really good for our area.
Out of range I assume since there is no talk if a shot :(

My first sit tonight. saw 4 bucks with the 1st coming out at 3:45 pm. I was a wreck as my 1st sit is always trying to prep for the real time ... checking equipment, what did I forget, what did I leave out?

He was a small basket rack and decided to bed 25 yards in front of me ... he got up 20 minutes later ... o_O

Saw 12 does and 4 bucks, the small guys were trying to act large. Nice peaceful afternoon and some activity.

10 minutes before closing one of my target bucks walked out ... at 75 yards he has now presented me with his true self ... I like game cameras; however, they only tell half the story... this dude is clearly the alpha ... need to rethink a bunch of things but I now have a focus, how do I plan a attack so as to not disrupt him? I have a ton of pics & videos and I know some of his patterns ... the goal will be to postion myself at a point wher he might be stupid ... we'll see ... :)

In the stand this afternoon. Had a nice 8 pt come past twice overnight. I'm guessing 105-115" range. Really good for our area.
Oh my bad. I misread this and thought you saw him on stand tonight :oops:. Nice bucks.

Good luck with your target buck Tree Spud. I'm always a mess the first time or two out also.

Tonight's view, watching a heavily used trail near a bedding area. Hoping they didn't hear all the crunching leaves as I walked in.

4a53c9ca0927355d81a0f76de555a4bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Had the little one out again 2 does and a buck was it for us.
29a445acff9f01fe79d1a5f43af30e39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back out this am.

3b97bae85f46fb245716c078494c528f.jpg

I grunted in the biggest buck I have ever seen archery hunting here in WI.

Solid 140 - 150 10 point.

I screwed up, he caught me moving (when I didn't need to be moving). Would have been a 15 yard chip shot.

I know better, but I was nervous.

Super frustrated right now!

Dooohhhh!

As homer would say.

John, Did he come in right down that trail?

John, Did he come in right down that trail?
No he came out onto it and was going to walk by me on the trail until he saw me move