Live from the stand thread

I sat out this weekend, weather was heavy rain and high winds for three days. I plan on doing my first all day sit next Saturday. I have 3 big boys around compared to 4 last year. Last year 11/1 they scattered so I am hoping to get one before they split this year. When is everyone else planning their first all day sit?

I sat out this weekend also. Nothing happening. I will get serious next weekend and it looks like an East wind one of those days so I can get in one of my better stands. I never sit all day though just evenings.

Hunted Friday, Saturday and just Sunday morning. I could see 2 doe in one of my plots one evening. That was it. Can't believe how quiet it was. Very little wind on my sits. My ears ring when its like that. I'm thinking the lack of acorns is hurting me. I didn't tromp all over but have not seen any scrapes yet either. Off all next week, I'll grind it out.

I planned to scout and hunt IL public land yesterday afternoon but spent the entire afternoon scouting. Place is usually loaded with acorns but for the second year in a row they are non existent. I saw very few deer tracks up on the ridge trails that are normally beat down. Ended up putting my stand in a less than desirable location for now, I may move it if I can find where the deer are at. We can leave them up at this location.

Found this buck in one of the spots I was scouting to place my stand. There was a tree stand about 100 yards away. No excuse on not finding this buck if the guy from that stand shot him.
c88e4bca2c69ce21371520f741be9280.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I planned to scout and hunt IL public land yesterday afternoon but spent the entire afternoon scouting. Place is usually loaded with acorns but for the second year in a row they are non existent. I saw very few deer tracks up on the ridge trails that are normally beat down. Ended up putting my stand in a less than desirable location for now, I may move it if I can find where the deer are at. We can leave them up at this location.

Found this buck in one of the spots I was scouting to place my stand. There was a tree stand about 100 yards away. No excuse on not finding this buck if the guy from that stand shot him.

That sucks they left that deer. The guy probably walked up to it and found out how small it really was and just left it! Too Bad...

That sucks they left that deer. The guy probably walked up to it and found out how small it really was and just left it! Too Bad...
Doubt that. Most of the dudes that hunt this place are actually proud to harvest a button buck :eek:

When is everyone else planning their first all day sit?

This weekend kicks it off. :D for me

That does suck

My buddy has a farm in MO with over grown cedars and shingle oaks like that. You can't beat the deer out that stuff. I see why you're crawling with deer.

I will be heading out for the first sits of the year. Hunting Thur-Mon am and then back out the following weekend Fri afternoon thru Monday. Those are my chances till late season. Looking forward to it. I'll keep everyone posted. Weather looks to be a little warmer then I would like but anything can happen.

Good luck to you.

IMG_20161024_202625.jpg

Start of a week off tomorrow, tomorrow morning looks like it might be good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had a very good Hunt tonight. Would have better if I didn't run out of daylight on this guy! LOL

Another north wind tonight which is good for me.

5 does and fawnsIMG_20161025_173328953_HDR.jpg

9 does and fawns no antlers

Another reason why I hate trail cameras.

I really don't want to know what I missed!

Mo ... that is so true! The more cameras, the more intrusion into a deer's safe area.

Less is more ...

Nothing big this past weekend, mostly does n fawns. I got trapped in my stand Friday night when a ton of deer came out of the tags right as I was about to climb down. Had to wait 1/2 hr for them to filter away so I would not spook em.

Last edited: