Live from the stand thread

Hot and I don't think the skeeters are going to play nice but we're going to give it another whirl.

View attachment 11014
No skeeters here but it's prime for them, the last couple days here in MI we've had this cell circling so everything is pretty wet.

6:00 5 does and fawns showed up, just like always they feed though the cereal grains into the sorghum mixIMG_20161002_182404764_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just had these little guys put on a show for me they must have ticked off a shooter because he came charging in drove them off and walked away, he never got within 60ydsIMG_20161002_190034239_HDR.jpgIMG_20161002_190133868_HDR.jpg

Sitting on my favorite plot. This is about a mile back and sits between two steep ridges. This is my only plot that gets daytime activity. I had a giant in here at last light a month ago then he disappeared. My neighbor saw him two days ago crossing the road at first light so he is back! I don't usually hunt this plot because I need the rare East wind. First Saturday of the season and it is a perfect East wind. If I don't connect tonight it will be 4 weeks before these deer are traveling in daylight again. I think tonight is the night!
d5186a73b449b6409d00511e6d6b86f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever see anything this sit?

6:00 5 does and fawns showed up, just like always they feed though the cereal grains into the sorghum mixView attachment 11015

You better cut the MG. it will stop an arrow. :D

Ever see anything this sit?
Nothing. Our season opened Wednesday so I fear the neighbors had a three day head start at mucking everything up. We had been seeing a lot of daytime activity but it has come to an abrupt end. Might have something to do with leaves falling, not sure.

You better cut the MG. it will stop an arrow. :D
I have to do some trimming on the MG, last night was a trial run to see how the new stand worked. Everything worked good except some MG in the way.

I didn't get a pic of the bigger buck last night but I pulled cards this A.M. and the camera on this plot caught him.

Reactions: gwm
Been hanging stands most of the morning so chuck and I can get an early morning hunt in tomorrow and thought since I was coming up I may as well hunt this evening.
Just about hotter than I like and the mosquitoes are special right now.
f72beccbf3cfec4dd1cead71d629f2bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Classic pic of your daughter. At least she hunts quiet and still. I employ the same technique from time to time :D.

392b2694ca850a7a8777aa64dbf6b7e6.jpg

It's on. First hunt of the season. Wisconsin youth with Jake.

If everything goes as planned, should be a chip shot in about an hour.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 pointer at 70 yards. One shot said nope.

7ebadf9c725f382e1144cdb74b40ac1d.jpg

Saw a ton of does and fawns, stark contrast to last year. Hopefully the numbers are recovering.

My 8 year old and I sitting over the rye plot tonight. Nothing yet. Wearing orange for the youth hunt but we aren't using firearms.

We ended up seeing 6 does and fawns. Thankfully they stayed just out of our range because our pre hunt agreement that does had a pass went out the window when the kid saw the deer in the plot. This was his first time seeing deer while hunting.

Jake connected tonight. Lots of does and fawns, finally this dude showed up. "One Shot" does it again. 175 yards, only made it 50 yards after the shot.

a9cb07d56bac71b1e7a3cbf0045c2bc7.jpg