Live from the stand thread

Congrats to Jake.

Did you have to wake him up to shoot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to Jake!

Congrats Jake!

Not 15 min in the blind and a doe and fawn are in the plotIMG_20161011_170606405_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IMG_20161011_190532856.jpg
Just had a little 6pt eating apples off the tree at 5yds, pretty cool no idea I was there

IMG_20161011_190411316.jpg

He stopped and made a scrape on the way in

Tried posting while I was in the blind but couldn't get it to go so here it is, I had huge flocks flying over all night. I ended up seeing 6 does and fawns and that little 6 pt.

Last edited:
I have no Idea what is going on this year, but deer sightings are down 75% so far this year in Missouri. I only saw a 6 point, with a doe and fawn tonight......

I have no Idea what is going on this year, but deer sightings are down 75% so far this year in Missouri. I only saw a 6 point, with a doe and fawn tonight......

Sounds like a good day for me lol

Had these two big boys show up this week! I am sitting 200 yards from best bedding and 200 yards from my plots. Coldest temps we have had all year so I am hoping to intersect one of these guys on their way to feed. I have never seen either one before so hopefully they make a mistake. Wind is perfect!
24f5996242c61643bf7813a567f65c09.jpg
9702ca805110bf8699de1bf6fa3de0cc.jpg

One shooting lane about 100 yards long. They have to cross it, hopefully close enough.
b1c096ceb08a45b4bd77475a49e07900.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!

First AM sit of the season for me. Temps rose to 58 overnight. Full moon was bright last night but it's DARK right now.

Opener of muzzleloader, 28 degrees no wind. Two deer under my stand when I got here. They took off blowing for a couple hundred yards. Was sitting 5 minutes and a nice buck walked by a 70 yards. Got the scope on him but didn't have a good shot. 10 minutes later there was a shot to close for my liking. Conditions are perfect.

This is my best stand. All the deer saw me but did not smell me. It was first light. How long should I let this stand rest? I was going to sit it again tomorrow then let it sit till November

This is my best stand. All the deer saw me but did not smell me. It was first light. How long should I let this stand rest? I was going to sit it again tomorrow then let it sit till November

oh they smelled you. Maybe not til after you were gone and maybe not til they come back this evening but they know you were around. Hard to say on when to hunt again. It's a personal thing really. If it's a hot stand and there's a chance at connecting I'd be back tomorrow.

Ladder stand tonight.IMG_20161015_155410861.jpgIMG_20161015_155401585.jpg

Looks good Scott. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

If they are used to your scent on the property I would hunt when ever you have the right conditions, unless you spooked a bunch of deer. If the only time they encounter your scent is during hunting season then probably a week.

Sitting on the ground downwind from my deepest plot. Hoping one will sneak in late. Wind is swirling but my scent is clear of the plot. Leaves are very loud. Not expecting much.

IMG_20161015_165211535_HDR.jpg

Pic of my MG