All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Slowest opening morning ever. Heard 2 shots from 1 hunter. Getting cold tonight. Should be better tomorrow.

Slowest opening morning ever. Heard 2 shots from 1 hunter. Getting cold tonight. Should be better tomorrow.

Oklahoma rifle opens tomorrow, hopefully I can get a buck to go along with the Texas one I shot yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahoma rifle opens tomorrow, hopefully I can get a buck to go along with the Texas one I shot yesterday!

Good luck, that was a beautiful buck you got in Texas!

Good luck! Yours was a beauty. Been following your tales on that farm for a few years now. Had to be such a great feeling to finally have it go down like that.

Hunting with my granddaughter this morning. Had a bald eagle swoop down and grab a deer head from an older gut pile then flew over to perch on our blind. Cool experience but no pix of the eagle.

IMG_3891.jpeg

Saw a dozen does this morning and 4 bucks early, quieted down so in for some chili.

Heard less than 10 shots so far and that includes a couple that fired twice. None of us have seen anything yet.

Congrats Mort and Chris! Looks like he couldn't resist the turnips?

Your kid looks pretty happy. He setup that ground blind awhile back, or put it up that morning. Never had great luck, always get busted by deer. Even with wind in my favor.

saw a total of 17 does and 11 bucks today. This afternoon bucks were out scent checking by 2:30. Had a 10 pt & 8 pt chasing a hot doe hard 40 yards in front of me around 3:30. Rut is definitely still going on.

Last edited:
Public in Marquette county, didn't see a thing all day. Hunter a half mile away, across the marsh from me shot one. No other shots nearby.

saw a total of 17 does and 11 bucks today. This afternoon bucks were out scent checking by 2:30. Had a 10 pt & 8 pt chasing a hot doe hard 40 yards in front of me around 3:300. Rut is definitely still going on.
The one I got was with a couple does