All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Not live and I'll put more in my land thread. Went on the annual West Virginia trip. Had a great time and some last day success.
WV Buck.jpg

Looks like a bruiser 8 Bill. Congrats

New view from the stand…
IMG_3824.jpeg
My friend missed a big 8 this morning. Made for an enjoyable sit.

Trying a new direction for the wind.

Took a vacation day today, hoping things might improve midweek. Had a very good morning so far, five does and fawns followed by a nice looking eight. Didn't get a shot, got the blood pumping though. He came through a weed patch like a damn ghost.

I’m doing some coyote hunting this morning, and our rut is far from over. I’ve seen a 5 year old and 4 year old out moving. The 5yo is acting insane. He first came out in one of my shooting lanes and has since walked into the middle of a bean field and has been wandering around in the open for 30 minutes. I’ve never seen a mature buck act so crazy - except maybe on television.

Not so live, but I was fortunate enough to take this buck this morning on my family land that I’ve been working on.

To my grandmother’s reckoning, it is most likely the first deer shot off the place in about 100 years. My great grandfather bought the place almost exactly 100 years ago, and never had deer on it. My grandmother doesn’t know of anyone who has ever successfully hunted it in her lifetime either.

6604c51a96a5f8bd9c16f7b62f441c02.jpg

ee17f082959f6e99cb1cc6048d4e25e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so live, but I was fortunate enough to take this buck this morning on my family land that I’ve been working on.

To my grandmother’s reckoning, it is most likely the first deer shot off the place in about 100 years. My great grandfather bought the place almost exactly 100 years ago, and never had deer on it. My grandmother doesn’t know of anyone who has ever successfully hunted it in her lifetime either.

A special deer and a special story to go with it.

Congrats, pretty awesome to do that on that piece of land with so much family history but no whitetail history.

Congrats, pretty awesome to do that on that piece of land with so much family history but no whitetail history.

I probably could have gotten something on the place sooner, but I hadn’t decided that there were enough deer to justify sitting until this year. There is at least double the activity from last year, and probably 10 times more deer activity than 5 years ago.

It still isn’t a high density area. Maybe around 7 DPSM.
The county just upped the legal doe days from 5 days all year to 14 days.

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Congrats he's awesome looking! You didn't waste any time.