Live from the stand thread

Two days of rifle season left and it is over.
38c593191c2277c0b3bcf7ad38cc9a50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been worth it. Snuck in their yesterday afternoon and hung a climber near upwind it a bedroom area. Seen 6 bucks. 5 8 or better. Had a low 140’s 8 at 20 but passed. Also had my target 8 at 80…with a gun it was season over. Hope all this passing pays off next year!

Two days of rifle season left and it is over.
38c593191c2277c0b3bcf7ad38cc9a50.jpg

I have not seen my land since Sept 4th. Haven't even taken my hunting clothes out. Not sure where all my stuff is. Finally gonna get a chance to leave for hunting in northern MN tomorrow morning.

Are you near Thunder Bay?
Yes - my place is around 40km NW of the city. Fairly close to the north-end of their range already (soft line.... maybe 20-30 km further north away from the lake where you can drive logging roads all day and pretty much never see a deer track) but has historically held decent numbers.

Still bow season here in PA. Sitting at the top of a small ravine the edge of mixed hardwoods to my south and a MFR infested select cut bedding area to the north. Hoping to catch one cruising along the edge. So far only a 3pt bedded about 80yds away in the hardwoods

I have not seen my land since Sept 4th. Haven't even taken my hunting clothes out. Not sure where all my stuff is. Finally gonna get a chance to leave for hunting in northern MN tomorrow morning.

Good luck. The SW corner of your hunting zone has been slow. I saw nothing while bow hunting up there.

I moved onto food plot for the afternoon. Light snow shower and still windy. Have seen several fresh rubs and scrapes.

Pulled an impromptu all dayer. High of a wet cold 34 with no breakfast and one nature valley bar all day made life miserable. Hot hands were one degree above freezing by 2:00. Dropped my binos out of the stand at noon! Saw 13-14 different bucks. Had my target come back around 10 locked on to a doe. Had him at 25 and drew back twice but couldn’t find any ethical opening to force a shot. I was heartbroken watching him walk off. Caught a video after he left
88EA4C15-8C76-4B45-9E05-AB3353A957A4.png

Pulled an impromptu all dayer. High of a wet cold 34 with no breakfast and one nature valley bar all day made life miserable. Hot hands were one degree above freezing by 2:00. Dropped my binos out of the stand at noon! Saw 13-14 different bucks. Had my target come back around 10 locked on to a doe. Had him at 25 and drew back twice but couldn’t find any ethical opening to force a shot. I was heartbroken watching him walk off. Caught a video after he left
View attachment 47222
Dat B a TOAD!

Well a quick afternoon hunt today. Got to sneak into a box blind stand over looking a food plot. Young bucks just started chasing some this week so with the cold front pushing through I was thinking it might be a good hunt. Saw a few does and 1 small buck then a doe came running out of the beaver swamp so I thought now I’m in business but turned out to be a hog chasing the deer out of the plot. This sow has been trap shy for several months so I took the shot when it gave me a good broadside look.

Attachments

• 8E13C462-B18F-4E36-83FE-1FE12DF61501.jpeg
    8E13C462-B18F-4E36-83FE-1FE12DF61501.jpeg
    699.4 KB · Views: 27
  • C8CA7D24-8D1E-4B2B-A3C7-6227B0C18B71.jpeg
    C8CA7D24-8D1E-4B2B-A3C7-6227B0C18B71.jpeg
    739.3 KB · Views: 26
Saw a doe with two fawns late yesterday afternoon. She had me pegged after I made a noise. Thought a buck would be hot on their track but nope. After a 10 minute staring contest and against her better instinct the doe finally came out of cover. Hit her a little high and further back which gave me with a less than ideal blood trail and recovery. Field dressed 125 lbs, I slept in this morning.

I had several does, but not a buck to be seen yesterday. Chuck took an 8pt right at dark.
Very chilly by Ark standards again. Beautiful day to be in the woods.
Good luck all.
62498cf2e2b4955a9dad6cef29e9d647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Was in Missouri for the firearm opener this weekend. We have fewer mature bucks on camera this year so my expectations were low. I was trying to put my nephew on a buck we call Left Side for his first buck. Several of us saw him and passed him and eventually my nephew ended up getting a decent 10 pointer. I believe this buck is 5.5 or older. He originally only had a left side of his rack when we got him 3 years ago on camera as a 2.5 year old. Last year he finally produced a single spike on the right side and this year he actually produced a brow tine on that side. I might consider taking him with the bow in late season but I am also a little intrigued with what he might turn into.

This is a video I put together of two encounters I had with him on two stands on Sunday:

I had my best sit in a few years tonight on my property. I took the long way around to get on the back side of my land. I saw doe and 4pt buck that came out of center of my property at 3 pm. Then at 430 I saw a deer moving through at the end of my shooting lane. 450 2 does and two fawns come out and I had perfect wind as they slipped through. They snuck into my core area and 10 mins later had a hot little buck come through sniffing on their trail. I heard some additional branches break in the clear cut to my south and stayed about 30 mins past legal shooting. Nothing came and I slipped out undetected in the dark. I could have easily killed all 8 and none knew I was there. Had several additional bonus grouse and a beautiful 25 degrees and about 6” of snow.

6B58CE74-1E94-46A9-890C-39403543A055.jpegE63FB538-685A-44E5-B98A-D890F77C7B10.jpeg

Nice buck Mozark! Dandy. Drive right thru the gate and pick him up.