Live from the stand thread

The last 30 minutes were good. Saw multiple chasing in crp field. Decent deer I might of shot was out just out of range trailing a doe. Here is my find of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20221109_174636237.jpg
    IMG_20221109_174636237.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20221109_174607105.jpg
    IMG_20221109_174607105.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 37
The last 30 minutes were good. Saw multiple chasing in crp field. Decent deer I might of shot was out just out of range trailing a doe. Here is my find of the day.
What kinda spot was that hiding in to be so well preserved? It's a nice 1

What kinda spot was that hiding in to be so well preserved? It's a nice 1
It was next to a multi flora rose thicket, that backs right up to a bluff.( That's where I find all my sheds on the bluff area) It was hanging 4 or 5 feet in the air snag on a tree. I am not sure what species. You think that's the same deer? f1ce335a-58f6-4b83-a035-fc61c4dd2bfd.jpg

Insane morning here. Wild chasing with young bucks and our target buck had a doe locked down 180 yds from me. He has done run off three other buck with Fire in his eyes.

Very quite here. Hunted tonight thinking with the major front that pushed through earlier today things would be up and moving. Well I guess they were, but all anterless. Not a buck to be seen. Probably one hot doe somewhere with 10 bucks standing around her! LOL

Very quite here. Hunted tonight thinking with the major front that pushed through earlier today things would be up and moving. Well I guess they were, but all anterless. Not a buck to be seen. Probably one hot doe somewhere with 10 bucks standing around her! LOL

I took an observation stand for the same reason. Thought this chilling N wind might stir things up. Does and a dink is all I saw. High of 75 today. 36 now and it’s forecasted to be 17 Saturday AM on the opener.

Looking forward to some cold weather but I think I might be missing my shorts and a tee shirt very soon.

Went aggressive on a deer I’m after. Laid eyes on him. Think he was locked down. He ran another big 8 that I can’t say I know. I videod him but it wasn’t a great video cause I wanted to get binos on him. Was hoping the chasing would be winding down since rifle opens tomorrow but I saw 11 bucks yesterday either chasing or cruising. I’m going to need to breath into a brown paper bag this weekend with every close gunshot
726D3353-A337-416E-BA9A-FD47DD7958C6.jpeg

You guys got great weather forecasted for your opener. (50 degree drop) in my area chance of snow.

You guys got great weather forecasted for your opener. (50 degree drop) in my area chance of snow.
It’s crazy, 61 this am and swatting mosquitos, 24 and snow tomorrow am. I puzzled how their isn’t a severe storm accompanying this front.

Might have been a bit too windy. Saw nothing, not even a squirrel.

Movement afternoon was ok for me just nothing big. I felt they started moving around 230 pm... I ended up shooting a doe around 1. I checked my arrow and it was liverblood so I just finished the day out before I went looking for it. Thankful it was a super easy track job like 30 yards and it was right by the spot I last saw her. I had a buck that kept sneezing for like 30 minutes straight.

Based on a guesstimate of what I am seeing on my cell cams, seeing in person, and talking to other hunters I would guess last winters deep snow (3-4 feet accumulation on the ground by the time spring showed up a couple weeks later than normal) + wolves took out 75%+ of the localized deer population. 0 trail cam pictures of mature bucks, even in the middle of the night.

Based on a guesstimate of what I am seeing on my cell cams, seeing in person, and talking to other hunters I would guess last winters deep snow (3-4 feet accumulation on the ground by the time spring showed up a couple weeks later than normal) + wolves took out 75%+ of the localized deer population. 0 trail cam pictures of mature bucks, even in the middle of the night.

Are you near Thunder Bay?

Struggling this am. Cold, rain/sleet, and wind. Windchill in low 20’s with a northwest wind. Was 61 yesterday. Having coffee and giving myself a pep talk but I will wait till this rain clears cause I don’t want it that bad!

Shot this guy Sunday evening on pubic land. Still recovering from the drag out. He goes to the taxidermist today.

a8a170b697a794f11172849a87d02858.jpg

9744ae28b9a78a9fe71943960ec793b9.jpg

3576d9946ab684b8dd9c81d8424f5bf5.jpg

51b7f3c715ede82f5cfb8cca9e988119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Incredible! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I can count snowy gun season openers on one hand. 33 degrees with a slight nw wind.
Believe it or not this is my first hunt of the year. My wife had surgery last month and we've stuck close to the house lately.
7dddc7a11fbff787c83109d42985fdaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk