Live from the stand thread

good action in the Morning.... wind keeps changing direction now not sure what to do.

good action in the Morning.... wind keeps changing direction now not sure what to do.
Swirling everywhere here to.

Not exactly live from the stand - and I have no pictures, but I harvested a nice doe this morning. Next weekend starts our firearms season but I’m not sure my schedule will let me out much during that portion of the season this year. I was happy to fill an antlerless tag. Interestingly I heard a couple rifle shots on neighboring properties right at dawn this morning. Maybe some locals getting an early start.

man I forgot how mentally and physically exhausting all day sits are. Day 1 down 6 more to go

No way I could do 6 in a row. I have to really have “that” feeling to sit all day anymore.

Not exactly live from the stand - and I have no pictures, but I harvested a nice doe this morning. Next weekend starts our firearms season but I’m not sure my schedule will let me out much during that portion of the season this year. I was happy to fill an antlerless tag. Interestingly I heard a couple rifle shots on neighboring properties right at dawn this morning. Maybe some locals getting an early start.

Congratulations on the doe.

It’s a long honored tradition in MO to sight in your rifle right at dusk or dawn. The closer we get to Saturday, the more sighting in will be happening then……:emoji_disappointed:

It’s a long honored tradition in MO to sight in your rifle right at dusk or dawn. The closer we get to Saturday, the more sighting in will be happening then……:emoji_disappointed:
Sad but true.

Today started early rifle season in ky, must be a draw tag.

My rutcation is an hour or so away from being done. What a bust. Very little deer movement period let alone rut activity. Saw some deer and had a few young bucks acting frisky but all in all a truly disappointing first week in November. I’ve gotten reports from Mexico to Tennessee to other places in ky that it’s been dead too. Something was off this last few days.

iam about ready to give a doe a Columbian neck tie. she cant make up damn mind but shes got me. I had a small buck behind me who ran into my ebike. you'd think my ebike is in heat. deer appear to have radar too it.

Went yesterday morning with the boy. Of course he got the best stand. The wind wasn't horrible but not ideal either. Then he said it swirled on him 3 times and all 3 times he said he got snorted so idk what that did to that stand for future use. Going to the food plot tonight ground blind tonight. South wind is pretty decent for that spot.