All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Looks like you hit the first Yote! You sir need more bullets :D not a bad thing, I smoked a Red Fox last weekend. I always have a ton of rabbits until the Foxes start showing up on my trailcams, then I see no rabbits. I told myself (at full draw because I usually practice stealth draw) *don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot* then I shot :( I was happy to take the toothy critter, I just didn't want to waste a $25 bullet on it. I have a critter arrow with a used broadhead but I mock drew with the Deer arrow because I wasn't going to shoot it lol

Yep I hit the first one. Don’t feel a bit bad either. 5 minutes after I missed the second one a group of 5 came out. I reloaded the used turkey arrow but nobody got close enough.

Yep I hit the first one. Don’t feel a bit bad either. 5 minutes after I missed the second one a group of 5 came out. I reloaded the used turkey arrow but nobody got close enough.
Sounds like you need to start a trap line out there.
I've been pretty lucky, havent seen a yote in 2 years. Thought i had a fox coming in last time out, was drawn on it and ready for when it stepped into the open, but ot turned out to be the biggest orange tabby cat ive ever seen.

Sounds like you need to start a trap line out there.
I've been pretty lucky, havent seen a yote in 2 years. Thought i had a fox coming in last time out, was drawn on it and ready for when it stepped into the open, but ot turned out to be the biggest orange tabby cat ive ever seen.

I think you’re right!

Land I used to lease just south of me had a high yote population. A guy trapped it every year, one year probably 5 or 6 years ago now he told me he trapped 31 off just that property ,and that was only 80 acres.

Land I used to lease just south of me had a high yote population. A guy trapped it every year, one year probably 5 or 6 years ago now he told me he trapped 31 off just that property ,and that was only 80 acres.
Yikes.

Ar might be a better option! Lol

Good luck!

Strong ssw wind sucks

I’ve been rockin and rolling since 1:30 ish. It finally backed off a bit with about 25 minutes of shooting light left.

I actually got out early. As it got dark the wind really started swirling. Got busted by 2 early on and then nothing

I didn’t have a repeat of yesterday that’s for sure. 2 little bucks no birds or dogs.

Have another drop tine I'm after, this time on the other farm. Buddy had him at 50 yesterday morning.

31° and calm, south wind messes up my preferred stand so I'm in the ground blind toward the north edge pic the property. 7 am and the birds are waking up. Saw 3 on the road driving here so we will see how it goes. Good luck everyone

It has been a strange year for me. Normally I have more doe and fawns then I can shake a stick at, this year I have few doe, and several decent bucks. I have 1 big doe that has busted me 2 times, and last night I had a decent buck come in, right at 30 yards, I had my pin set at 35, so I aimed just a tad low, and the arrow went under him. A few minutes later that doe came out and hissed at me until dark. She really is getting on my nerves! At this point I think getting that doe would be more satisfying then the buck.

This is the buck I missed last night. I keep getting pictures of him on this camera, the one I can’t find. I have an idea now, but it will have to wait until after the season. It may not be the monster some of you guys have, but for my area this is a decent buck.

E23767EF-7855-405B-9844-710168DE7D39.png

I’m out scouting this morning for next weekend. The deer movement in the NWSGs is insane this morning. They are everywhere. That big deer I posted a pic of earlier walked right up to a camera I changed cards in yesterday and smelled of it. I guess he isn’t afraid of me…lol.