291b1b1db23dd8316fc6f88dbfcfb35b.jpg

Little yearling stopped by
d0110f13af720989378fcadaba1f439b.jpg

Last edited:
Damn fine job sir

Great deer!

Beautiful deer. Congratulations.

Yep that’s a nice one.

On the ground tonight in some fragmites.

Ever just have one of those years? Where everything is a struggle. Just cant seem to shake it.

View attachment 38161
I'm with you. I haven't seen a buck since the first day of the season and haven't seen a deer in stand in 2 weeks. Every time I get a chance to hunt it's pouring down rain, hot, or the wind is terrible, it seems this year. But, nice cold front coming in this week. I see some work skipping in my future.

E69C3E94-FE25-4D9E-B096-C7C0F104C11F.pngThis guy came charging in after I rattled this morning, cute little 6 point still haven’t seen anything older during daylight yet. Trailcams still showing them on their feet after dark but I know it’s getting close! Does are acting twitchy and seeing fawns without mama’s more often lately so I know it’s close.

Where’s your granddaddy!! :)

Wheat coming up nice. Brushed this in today quick and dirty
c5c96171a70ae472e7efadca0f62b334.jpg
291b1b1db23dd8316fc6f88dbfcfb35b.jpg

Do you find it fairly easy to shoot a bow through those gaps? I've been thinking about a ground blind for next year and trying to think through the shooting window scenarios.

I'm with you. I haven't seen a buck since the first day of the season and haven't seen a deer in stand in 2 weeks. Every time I get a chance to hunt it's pouring down rain, hot, or the wind is terrible, it seems this year. But, nice cold front coming in this week. I see some work skipping in my future.
just tell them you have the fever and leave it at that...i have a scheduled day off on Friday but with lows in the 20s I will be sitting above the house most mornings and some evenings...when i shoulda been in the stand this morning I watched a big bodied deer walk right under it...

just tell them you have the fever and leave it at that...i have a scheduled day off on Friday but with lows in the 20s I will be sitting above the house most mornings and some evenings...when i shoulda been in the stand this morning I watched a big bodied deer walk right under it...
The firm I work for went to unlimited vacation this year, so I think it's time to test that out. It's at your manager's discretion and my manager quit about 3 months ago and hasn't been replaced. Since I'm technically the manager by default now, I guess I'll approve my own vacation haha.

The firm I work for went to unlimited vacation this year, so I think it's time to test that out. It's at your manager's discretion and my manager quit about 3 months ago and hasn't been replaced. Since I'm technically the manager by default now, I guess I'll approve my own vacation haha.
thats a great position to be in to get some days off.....at least get your boss off your back for a few well deserved rut days....my boss would probably be very understanding if I had some "family issues" come up later this week (as in my brother and Dad will be hunting and I don't want it to cause an issue when they get one and I'm at work haha)

Do you find it fairly easy to shoot a bow through those gaps? I've been thinking about a ground blind for next year and trying to think through the shooting window scenarios.
This is a muddy, I would say I like my primos surround view better but I haven't had and issue shooting out either set of windows. The issue with this one is opening them if they are not fully open they don't slides down very quietly.

This is a muddy, I would say I like my primos surround view better but I haven't had and issue shooting out either set of windows. The issue with this one is opening them if they are not fully open they don't slides down very quietly.
My son loves my see through blind. It gives me a screaming headache