Live from the stand thread

10 am this morning

9d6a499ace84889c0760a5bf86bc4ebb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Dayem!!!!!

bill

Not me but on my land in NJ. A buddy of mine decided to "work remotely" today since a cold front blew in last night. Real good buck for this neighborhood.

View attachment 37869

While watching the video I may, or may not have, made a doe grunt (verbally out loud in my office :) to stop him just before he shot :D

Am I the only one that tries to stop deer with a mouth grunt (which is more like a MEH)?

Last edited:
Not exactly live from the stand, but this was from late last night. I was bowhunting our property in Northern Missouri. We have been seeing bucks chasing does the last several days. This buck and another buck came into one of our beanfields at about 6:50 pm, well past shooting light. I grunted to get him to stop because I knew the camera would never be able to get a clear view of him otherwise. He ended up flagging and running towards a group of does because of another buck out frame behind him. We aren't entirely sure which buck this is.

It must be my video editor or youtube, but it ended up being darker when I uploaded the video. Here is a screengrab of the original file:

Attachments

• PXL_20211026_003846611.jpg
    PXL_20211026_003846611.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 39
Not exactly live from the stand, but this was from late last night. I was bowhunting our property in Northern Missouri. We have been seeing bucks chasing does the last several days. This buck and another buck came into one of our beanfields at about 6:50 pm, well past shooting light. I grunted to get him to stop because I knew the camera would never be able to get a clear view of him otherwise. He ended up flagging and running towards a group of does because of another buck out frame behind him. We aren't entirely sure which buck this is.

It must be my video editor or youtube, but it ended up being darker when I uploaded the video. Here is a screengrab of the original file:
TANK!!

Yesterday evening I had a spare couple hours to sit, I went out and the wind was just wrong for my bow stands, so I just found some ground cover to sit behind. I got busted by a doe, that had a fork buck locked on her. He had no concern over anything other then her. I could have walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder and I don’t think he would have noticed me. It’s time!

I agree, looks tempting! And he's using your habitat just the way you planned. Any trail pics of him?

I agree, looks tempting! And he's using your habitat just the way you planned. Any trail pics of him?
Yes, I have him on a scrape several times. He was tailing a doe but she wasn’t ready. She ran off in the grass and he was tore to pieces.

It’s raining so hard I can barely see anything but the deer aren’t paying any attention to it. They are everywhere.

Last edited: