Fawn Eater

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Got this guy on camera this morning. Cool pic but wish it wasn’t a K9. Looks like a healthy Yote to me but my but my buddy thinks it’s a wolf. IMG_6640.png

I think it's a yote. Ears & head are questions marks with rounded shorter ears. Has a shorter tail also. Slight chance a young wolf.

Yep - That is a coyote for sure Peeps. Here is a pic I got of a young wolf a few days ago:

IMG_2545.jpg

Here is a pic of a black wolf from last year.

MFDC9918.jpeg

IMG_0189 (5).jpeg

Here is a wolf one of my buddies got in a coyote trap....released it, of course.
Wolf 2 (1).jpeg

And a pack of the little guys

I got a ‘yote on camera last night. Scrawny little guy.

b5ab356fd873dc9c550ab848064f59ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have lots of coyotes. They frequently visit my mineral blocks, and bobcats do as well.

Attachments

• 07010088.jpeg
    07010088.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 06180044.jpeg
    06180044.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 12
I got a ‘yote on camera last night. Scrawny little guy.

b5ab356fd873dc9c550ab848064f59ba.jpg

He may have mange. All the coyotes I shoot have advanced heartworm infestation, and about a third of them have some degree of mange, ranging from 10% of their skin affected to 100% affected.

He may have mange. All the coyotes I shoot have advanced heartworm infestation, and about a third of them have some degree of mange, ranging from 10% of their skin affected to 100% affected.

To be fair, the coyotes stay pretty thin this time of year here in Texas. They shed most of their coat to make it through the summer. It hit 111° today… you can’t handle that kind of heat with a thick coat.

Fair enough. I've only ever seen Midwest/Great Lakes coyotes.

Just curious, how are able to tell they have heart worm?

Just curious, how are able to tell they have heart worm?

I cut their hearts out.

Usually this would be secondary to observing how the bullet performed. However, since I noticed heart worm in the first coyote I shot in Ohio, it has become something I check for every time I kill a coyote/hybrid.

JUst got this pic today. Wolf or yote? What say you??
wolf?.jpeg

Hard to tell, can't rule out a wolf, but my money is on a yote based on the ears

Looks big to me, but I'm far from an expert on these matters..never seen a wolf other than pics.

Tuff to say from that photo would love to see the snout could be a large male coyote with a prime pelt or a wolf pup