Farm and Ranch life

That's an awesome buck. Any idea what his antler scores were from ages 4-7? He kept the same big frame the entire time, but it was cool to see how he was a little different every year. Why didn't you shoot him?

Never found any of his sheds so unsure of score. When he was 5 I thought 190's and at 6 I guessed low 170's. Probably upper 140's maybe low 50's at 4. Just my guess. I can say with precision he was 199 5/8 at 7. Watch the video in post 7 and I think you will understand why I can be so exact.

I missed the video where you killed him. That's a giant buck. Does he have any offspring running around with similar frames?

I missed the video where you killed him. That's a giant buck. Does he have any offspring running around with similar frames?
Yes but the genetic diversity there is phenomenal . This photo should help show. I think the wide one is about 31-32" inside spread and a tad over 170 and the heavy one scored 188 on an 18" spread with 44" mass. The photo quality is for because I took pic off tv from video. May post that video some day,

IMG_4881.JPG

how much does that skull and antlers weigh?

how much does that skull and antlers weigh?
Not sure about that but mass measurements were 40 7/8" total

That is awesome. I don't know if I could even handle it if I saw a deer like that----hope I get to find out someday!

Here is a brief video of a prescribed fire we ran thru an 80 acre pine plantation a couple of weeks ago.

Was rainy Saturday so I put together this video from the past season. Rutting activity with a handsome drop tine buck

Sure am enjoying the video series! Great looking fields as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate you :emoji_cry:

Kidding... well kind of... super jealous! :emoji_thumbsup:

Great videos...... clover management film informative

I would be interested in how you manage your lakes,etc for bass

bill

Great videos...... clover management film informative

I would be interested in how you manage your lakes,etc for bass

bill
Thanks,

I intend to do a video on pond mgt. upcoming. Amazing how the principles for growing big bass are so similar to growing big deer. Genetics define top side. Nutrition via bait fish and water fertility. Population control; take the little ones out, leave the big ones. Pond design for habitat. Helps a lot to be in the deep south where growing season is so long... course everything is better in the south:)

Bass also appear to be "edge" creatures; lurking around structure(natural and artificial)in an effort to ambush bait fish......

bill

Has rained over 7 " the last 24 hours, so time for a new video

Yep that pile re-confirms it, I hate you - more now :emoji_cry::emoji_cry: Ever thought of adopting a 50 year old?

Seed has arrived. Color me excited .100% rain all day tomorrow but as conditions get perfect away we go. Video to follow

IMG_4936.JPG