Drone Market Checkup

SD51555

5 year old buck +
It's been a few years since I've thought about drones. Anyone know if the market has improved as far as technology or pricing?

I'm in the market for a simple drone to do some flying over my place. Don't need massive range, run time, or resolution. Just looking for good. What's anyone seen out there lately?

I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro with all the setup for $800 on sale last year. Thing is incredible. Not sure your price range, but there is a mini 4 pro now so you could possible find it for less. Easy to use, great pics, good enough range and flight time for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for being "that guy"- What is the cheapest drone that would be effective (w thermal) for recovery/census info?

Forgive me for being "that guy"- What is the cheapest drone that would be effective (w thermal) for recovery/census info?
You probably need to share how big of an area

You probably need to share how big of an area
I guess I don't really understand your ask with regards to "an area". In terms or acres to search?

Bout $30k for a thermal one. Money better spent elsewhere imo

I guess I don't really understand your ask with regards to "an area". In terms or acres to search?
Yes. Are we talking 50 acres or 5000?

You can do way better than $30,000. Heck, the drone deer recovery guy sells the drone he uses. The DJI mavic 3 thermal is a cheaper model that has thermal capabilities.

I dealt with a realtor that had some sort of thermal drone he’d just wrecked. Told me it was $7-8k. He indicated he used it for surveying wildlife populations on parcels for sale. Maybe he was blowing smoke.

Especially when you can hire a guy for a few hundred dollars to come do it. Would take 100 recoveries to make financial sense at that price point.
And if the state ever takes my emails into consideration it will be illegal in a couple years anyway!

I'm not against the recovery using drones but it shouldn't be allowed for hunting purposes IMO.
I’m against it. Nothing stopping someone from just flying all over my property “looking” for a wounded deer. Not a fan of all that tech and the Pandora’s box it will open

Nowhere near $30,000. The Mavic 3 Enterprise Advanced shown is a good drone, other than the flight time is relatively short, about a half hour. If you can find a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced it has just as good a thermal sensor for less money.

I’m against it. Nothing stopping someone from just flying all over my property “looking” for a wounded deer. Not a fan of all that tech and the Pandora’s box it will open
Same here. I’m pretty Libertarian but would support measures to outlaw these things.

Same here. I’m pretty Libertarian but would support measures to outlaw these things.
I’ve emailed the state a couple times. They are aware of the issues and are working with some other states in drafting some rules in regards to their use.

I say $30k cause the one my buddy has was that much. Apparently there are cheaper ones, I’m not in the market so don’t know.

Yeah, if you are looking for just a drone to take up and take pics and maybe a little video, you will only spend over $1k if you really really want to.

I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro with all the setup for $800 on sale last year. Thing is incredible. Not sure your price range, but there is a mini 4 pro now so you could possible find it for less. Easy to use, great pics, good enough range and flight time for me.

Yep, i think mine is the mini2 i got 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times in 2 years.

Yep, i think mine is the mini2 i got 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times in 2 years.

Did you guys get your 107 license? Is it still a thing?

Pics and video. Easy. Thermal, expensive. Really good handhelds 8-10k, so what dawg says is dead on.