Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

So you are saying by Feb 1 that 8.0 should be available?????
might even be sooner than that, they are just adding a few more things and when thats done it will be released the plan was week after SHOT which is next week. something may come up to push it later but as of now, thats the plan.

These are the new J cameras with D batteries
you may want to load 7.9 again in case it didnt take ( i see it shows on your report 7.9 but its worth loading it again) and if you are using energizer D cells try another brand, like rayovac or duracell.

They are Duracell’s and I will try the firmware update again. Thanks John for your insight on this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to the camera this morning and the screen said SD card full. My first thought was I had a runaway camera, but there were only 63 pics on 32 gb card totaling 70 mb. I reloaded the 7.9 firmware and tried to clear the card, but got Error 10 during the clearing process. I tried to clear a few time and would get the error sometimes but not always. I decided to swap SD cards and will deploy again this afternoon.

Does Error 10 sounds like an SD card problem?

Got to the camera this morning and the screen said SD card full. My first thought was I had a runaway camera, but there were only 63 pics on 32 gb card totaling 70 mb. I reloaded the 7.9 firmware and tried to clear the card, but got Error 10 during the clearing process. I tried to clear a few time and would get the error sometimes but not always. I decided to swap SD cards and will deploy again this afternoon.

Does Error 10 sounds like an SD card problem?

I had a brand new Lexar 32 gb card that would throw an Error Code 10 all the time. It could take as many as 5 tries to format that dang thing before it would finally take. I tried a deep format on the computer to no avail. Eventually I was put out of my misery when the camera was stolen and that card became somebody else's problem. :emoji_relaxed:

I just recently purchased booster 3358...I went to put on my J camera; I already have the other D 3495 battery attachment; can you use the the booster 3358 with the other D3495; It would not slide over...or do I just use 2 tree genius mounts to mount to mount separately?
Thanks

I just recently purchased booster 3358...I went to put on my J camera; I already have the other D 3495 battery attachment; can you use the the booster 3358 with the other D3495; It would not slide over...or do I just use 2 tree genius mounts to mount to mount separately?
Thanks
Use 2 genius mounts, the 3358 should have one included . You won’t get external on your report with that set up since both are the same voltage

ok...the report will show battery for combination from what I understand...
some of the threads are saying AA and the 3358 work better than D with the 3358 J cameras...your thoughts.

some of the threads are saying AA and the 3358 work better than D with the 3358 J cameras...your thoughts.
AA's do not compete with D cells. D cells have a 6:1 advantage.

I had a brand new Lexar 32 gb card that would throw an Error Code 10 all the time. It could take as many as 5 tries to format that dang thing before it would finally take. I tried a deep format on the computer to no avail. Eventually I was put out of my misery when the camera was stolen and that card became somebody else's problem. :emoji_relaxed:

Referencing older Cudde code chart:1579392543351.png

I’m not understanding your question

Most people take SD Cards for granted. They can and do have issues. Probably more that most people realize. Sometimes no codes at all. Some brand camera's don't display codes at all. Formatting fixes most but not all of the issues.

If you research it, in every single article it will state - removing card while system is reading or writing to card is not good for card. So, if you walk up to camera and pull card it is most likely taking your picture and writing to card. Your camera batteries might even die in the process of taking a picture. That is why I Power Off when I pull cards and change batteries and Format in camera every time. I even format after updating firmware.

Below is straight out of some of Cuddeback's manuals.

"Problems"
"SD cards do fail. A defective card may be hard to diagnose and can cause your camera to function
improperly. Here are some example problems that are the result of a defective SD card:
1) The camera will not save images or videos to the SD card. This problem can manifest itself in
other ways.
a. The camera does not take a picture when you walk up to it. You may think the camera is
defective when in fact the SD card is damaged and unable to store images.
b. Camera works sometimes but not other times. SD card operation can be intermittent - it
may work for a while and fail latter on. This is usually caused by the gold contacts
wearing out. When this happens the card needs to be replaced.
2) SD card won’t clear or format with the camera or PC.
3) Your PC or viewer has difficulty reading the card. We have seen instances where an SD card
will function in one product but not a different one. Or the PC can read some files but not others.
When this happens try formatting the cards as explained in the section Repairing a SD Card.
If your think your SD card is defective we recommend you first try to repair it (see next section). If that
does not resolve the issues it is time to discard that card for a new one."

1579460937480.png

1579460963721.png

1579461017156.png

John,
How does one get into the"Comments"field off the exif data so as to self diagnose?

John,
How does one get into the"Comments"field off the exif data so as to self diagnose?
I’m not sure what you are asking , are you asking how to see the exit data?

yes ,sorry for the typos.

Cuddeback's Cuddelink page 38 #751 , August 12 2018 , FredG

Cuddeback's Cuddelink page 38 #751 , August 12 2018 , FredG
There are several ways to access metadata/exifdata. Some apps do not expand to include the Cudde specific data, I have a MacBook and had to download exifdata.com to desktop. Search that thread for “metadata”. Plenty of info on what others used to access it. You might just search by FredG. There is a list of acronym definitions also. Let us know if you cannot find it, we will help you further.

Will do Thanks!

I think this is my first post here..signed up mainly just to read and be able to see the pictures.

I have an issue with my Dual Cell that doesn't really bother me because I'm having under 20 pictures sent an hour, just wondering why it's doing this. I thought I had it set to just send pictures every hour but it's not only doing that, but every time it takes 5 pictures it'll send them asap after the 5th. Keeps doing this for every 5 taken. If there are less than 5 it'll just send them at the end of that hour. Or if it takes and sends 5 the first half hour but only 4 the second, it'll wait until the end of the hour to send those 4.

Are you able to set it up to do that and maybe I did unintentionally..or do I have a Cuddebug...

I think this is my first post here..signed up mainly just to read and be able to see the pictures.

I have an issue with my Dual Cell that doesn't really bother me because I'm having under 20 pictures sent an hour, just wondering why it's doing this. I thought I had it set to just send pictures every hour but it's not only doing that, but every time it takes 5 pictures it'll send them asap after the 5th. Keeps doing this for every 5 taken. If there are less than 5 it'll just send them at the end of that hour. Or if it takes and sends 5 the first half hour but only 4 the second, it'll wait until the end of the hour to send those 4.

Are you able to set it up to do that and maybe I did unintentionally..or do I have a Cuddebug...
Think they all do that, at least all mine do when the file size you have set to send at 1mp, when it is set at 5mp it sends every 3 pics n whatever time interval you have chosen. If you want it to send more at a time you’ll have to set the transmission size to small, at that is sends after every 30 pics and the time interval you have chosen

Can you attach a picture from that camera? Are you only running the Dual Cell?