Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

what is your camera delay set at and what kind of set up is the camera on? maybe post a recent pic form that camera as well.
Camera delay is set at 30 secs. It’s on supplemental feed. I have ran it this way throughout the year and just now having problems with it backing up. I don’t believe the volume of pictures is any higher now than rest of the season.
C107433B-FB16-4C75-AED1-9B080E456ECE.png 6B0A14B8-2FD3-4DDF-970E-A48BD4277F78.jpeg

Camera delay is set at 30 secs. It’s on supplemental feed. I have ran it this way throughout the year and just now having problems with it backing up. I don’t believe the volume of pictures is any higher now than rest of the season.
View attachment 27467 View attachment 27468

Holy smokes that camera gets alot of pics per day for that camera. I assume that is set on food? As a side note if that buck gets another year or two on him, he should be a dandy.

ok....I added the D accessory to replace the AA's....is that what you are talking about...also what adapter do I need for my home unit so I can plug in

Thanks for your help
Also John, my repeaters have the triangle warning sign? Could that be because there are many in the queue waiting to be sent? One time I had that problem and had same location for both repeaters. I changed that and it corrected itself. This last time we had an issue where no cameras were showing up on the network, and I took batteries out of the home unit as they were new; and put back in and all of a sudden the network started showing up. So I'm thinking many pictures were taken like 3 days then when back on network was overloading sending....is that possible; Happy New Year and thanks

Also John, my repeaters have the triangle warning sign? Could that be because there are many in the queue waiting to be sent? One time I had that problem and had same location for both repeaters. I changed that and it corrected itself. This last time we had an issue where no cameras were showing up on the network, and I took batteries out of the home unit as they were new; and put back in and all of a sudden the network started showing up. So I'm thinking many pictures were taken like 3 days then when back on network was overloading sending....is that possible; Happy New Year and thanks
can you post your report? it will be easier to see what is going on.

couple things you can try or check. Move your cell batch to 30 , or at least to 1 hour if its not set that way already.
Make sure your antennas are tight(i doubt this is it), try another SD card or clear the card the next time you are there.
what do you think is the average total number of images you are getting emailed each day?
These changes will be easier when 2.0 is released so you could wait to do it all at once if you prefer.

couple things you can try or check. Move your cell batch to 30 , or at least to 1 hour if its not set that way already.
Make sure your antennas are tight(i doubt this is it), try another SD card or clear the card the next time you are there.
what do you think is the average total number of images you are getting emailed each day?
These changes will be easier when 2.0 is released so you could wait to do it all at once if you prefer.

The cell home is set at 12 hours. I have received 2 emails of pictures (60 pics total) since 4:00 AM. One email around 10 AM and one email around 1 PM. I will try the recommendations next time I am at the farm. I would say around 100 pics/day but that number has been higher lately since it’s been backed up.

If it read 129 in the image que on the 4 AM report, does that mean the remote camera is the one having trouble sending to the home or does that mean the home camera is having trouble receiving? I would think the remote should send until the home gets 30 pics, then the home emails the pics and so on until the remote has zero pictures in the que? So ideally I would get 4 emails back to back. Is that correct?

The cell home is set at 12 hours. I have received 2 emails of pictures (60 pics total) since 4:00 AM. One email around 10 AM and one email around 1 PM. I will try the recommendations next time I am at the farm. I would say around 100 pics/day but that number has been higher lately since it’s been backed up.

If it read 129 in the image que on the 4 AM report, does that mean the remote camera is the one having trouble sending to the home or does that mean the home camera is having trouble receiving? I would think the remote should send until the home gets 30 pics, then the home emails the pics and so on until the remote has zero pictures in the que? So ideally I would get 4 emails back to back. Is that correct?
this is only a guess- but the remote is having the issue. You could switch the cell home to batch 30 to see if that helps. You could also go to the remote., pull the card and swap it for another , and also do a cL clear while you are there. it will start over and then see if it can keep up.

this is only a guess- but the remote is having the issue. You could switch the cell home to batch 30 to see if that helps. You could also go to the remote., pull the card and swap it for another , and also do a cL clear while you are there. it will start over and then see if it can keep up.
Okay, Ill try that next time. Thanks

when I get back up where we hunt this weekend I will; thanks again;

For some reason, just because the remote is loaded up with pictures does not mean that camera will just stay connected to home unit and send until that one camera's transmit queue is empty again. Many times I have had my closest remote with a 99 signal, just partially send that remote queue. Some of the closest remotes pictures would be mixed with some from the weakest remotes. I think it's related to the mesh network protocol.

Last edited:

Also, your battery voltage on that picture was ~7.4v on externals at 6:51pm. (7.4v=1.23v per cell) That picture was not the last picture taken, it was just the last one that transmitted from the queue. There were ~150 pictures taken from one report to the next. If most of your pictures are night pictures, most of those could have very well been between that picture at 6pm and 4am. It could very well be related to low batteries. If that last picture was 7.4v and another 100+ picture taken, it might be right on the edge. I'm just guessing though. Once it switches to internals, it might tell us if that is it or not.

You’re saying it could be a problem with the low external batteries? My report this morning said 207 image que on 1/1 and 167 image que on 1/2. It’s taking pictures so it seems the problem is transmitting to home camera.

You’re saying it could be a problem with the low external batteries? My report this morning said 207 image que on 1/1 and 167 image que on 1/2. It’s taking pictures so it seems the problem is transmitting to home camera.

I'm just throwing a wild guess out there... You get anymore pictures from it today?

I'm just throwing a wild guess out there... You get anymore pictures from it today?
Yeah still getting pics from it. It’s still backed up though. I received my normal 6 o’clock email but it only had 1 picture from a different camera. It had 167 images in the que this morning so it’s just not sending to the home quick enough. The pictures I have received from it today is still about 8 hours behind from when I received it from when it took the picture.

Yeah still getting pics from it. It’s still backed up though. I received my normal 6 o’clock email but it only had 1 picture from a different camera. It had 167 images in the que this morning so it’s just not sending to the home quick enough. The pictures I have received from it today is still about 8 hours behind from when I received it from when it took the picture.

Post your latest picture let me have a look.

Post your latest picture let me have a look.
Here’s my last two pics. That doe must have somehow turned the camera lol. Not sure what direction it’s pointed now so it shouldn’t be getting many pics. I received these in an email at 5:16 PM.
29870463-E892-4C0D-A9EA-70F1DD2FF12F.png 04792142-9372-45B3-8D70-B516E16D1722.png

Here’s my last two pics. That doe must have somehow turned the camera lol. Not sure what direction it’s pointed now so it shouldn’t be getting many pics. I received these in an email at 5:16 PM.
View attachment 27498 View attachment 27499

You can give that deer an eye-exam! That's one close eyeball! lol
The pics are .png, anyway you can attach as .JPG?

You can give that deer an eye-exam! That's one close eyeball! lol
The pics are .png, anyway you can attach as .JPG?
Lol yeah she’s close.
21272B17-1E51-4077-9FB4-566B3956DDF8.jpeg 17888EF5-B76E-441F-95C5-D24A5F68DDEF.jpeg

you are going to see Gary low level but it sends fine; the 8pt use to use only 2 links now using 3; we did move bobby remote higher to reach Gary so not certain if repeater 7 is using that now to make for 3 links.
Thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpg
    IMG_7947.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7948.jpg
    IMG_7948.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7949.jpg
    IMG_7949.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31