All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I believe after a year the K can be unlocked to be non-cellular, but you have to pay for the first year. You can buy 1395 which is a home unit for $109 at Walmart, it won't take pictures, but it'll store them. Or you can just make one of your J's or G's a home camera.

I believe after a year the K can be unlocked to be non-cellular, but you have to pay for the first year. You can buy 1395 which is a home unit for $109 at Walmart, it won't take pictures, but it'll store them. Or you can just make one of your J's or G's a home camera.

Unless you have paid for a year of cell service you cannot use it as a regular cam. The quoted answer is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is only a guess- but the remote is having the issue. You could switch the cell home to batch 30 to see if that helps. You could also go to the remote., pull the card and swap it for another , and also do a cL clear while you are there. it will start over and then see if it can keep up.
I tried switching out the card a couple days ago. It is still getting backed up. Had 179 pics in que this morning and I’ve only received 60 pictures since the 4am report.

I have a camera that has stopped taking pictures about 10 days ago, but is still showing up on the report. Battery days are off in the report below, the camera was deployed on 12/14/19 with fresh batteries and was working just fine receiving pictures. Here is the exif data from the last picture on 01/07/20:

D=11/26/2019,LD=43,BT=10,RD=40,LH=0,LI=210,BL=5343,BP=50%,BS=Int,BD=43,BI=452,CF=Disabled,IR=28%,WL=850nm,EX=Centered,ID=FIVE OAKS,LO=003,SM=EZ,DD=15sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=15sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

My Dad walked in front of the camera in question twice yesterday and it did not take any pictures. Will have to check this weekend, but any ideas?

Also, is there a way to tell which camera another camera is linking through?

Attachments

• 1-17-20 Report.JPG
    1-17-20 Report.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
I tried switching out the card a couple days ago. It is still getting backed up. Had 179 pics in que this morning and I’ve only received 60 pictures since the 4am report.
you can try setting your cell batch to 30 or move your cell unit closer to the camera which is getting backed up.

you can try setting your cell batch to 30 or move your cell unit closer to the camera which is getting backed up.
The signal to the home is between 40-60, so I don't think that is it. I have my cell set on 12 hours. Once it receives 30 it sends the batch anyways doesn't it?

I have a camera that has stopped taking pictures about 10 days ago, but is still showing up on the report. Battery days are off in the report below, the camera was deployed on 12/14/19 with fresh batteries and was working just fine receiving pictures. Here is the exif data from the last picture on 01/07/20:

D=11/26/2019,LD=43,BT=10,RD=40,LH=0,LI=210,BL=5343,BP=50%,BS=Int,BD=43,BI=452,CF=Disabled,IR=28%,WL=850nm,EX=Centered,ID=FIVE OAKS,LO=003,SM=EZ,DD=15sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=15sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

My Dad walked in front of the camera in question twice yesterday and it did not take any pictures. Will have to check this weekend, but any ideas?

Also, is there a way to tell which camera another camera is linking through?
You running AA's or D pack ? In metadata BL=5.3. Most likely dead batteries.

These are the new J cameras with D batteries
you may want to load 7.9 again in case it didnt take ( i see it shows on your report 7.9 but its worth loading it again) and if you are using energizer D cells try another brand, like rayovac or duracell.

you may want to load 7.9 again in case it didnt take ( i see it shows on your report 7.9 but its worth loading it again) and if you are using energizer D cells try another brand, like rayovac or duracell.

They are Duracell’s and I will try the firmware update again. Thanks John for your insight on this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the new J's have 4 D's? In that case batteries still should be good.

The signal to the home is between 40-60, so I don't think that is it. I have my cell set on 12 hours. Once it receives 30 it sends the batch anyways doesn't it?
the signal isnt the issue its where in the sequence it starts to grab pics , if its a remote that is getting a high volume of pics you want it the closest to the home as possible. if you have other remotes getting a good number of pics they could be filling up the "picture highway ". is there other remotes closer to the home than the camera that is backed up? if so try moving the home closer to it as long as you can keep your network all connected.
yes when it hits 30 it sends but setting your cell home to one hour instead of 12 may help, even if it means you are getting a few pics at a time. Its worth a try.

Roosterstraw- one other thing, when 8.0 firmware becomes available in a week or two it will increase the efficiency by about 33% so updating your cameras with 8.0 firmware will increase the speed and help as well.

the signal isnt the issue its where in the sequence it starts to grab pics , if its a remote that is getting a high volume of pics you want it the closest to the home as possible. if you have other remotes getting a good number of pics they could be filling up the "picture highway ". is there other remotes closer to the home than the camera that is backed up? if so try moving the home closer to it as long as you can keep your network all connected.
yes when it hits 30 it sends but setting your cell home to one hour instead of 12 may help, even if it means you are getting a few pics at a time. Its worth a try.
It is currently the closest remote to the home. And the only camera that is getting a high volume of pics at the current time. There was another camera that I thought may have been linking through it that was getting a lot of pics and slowing it down but I have confirmed that Is not the problem this go around as it’s the only camera getting above 5 pics a day. It done wonderful the first few months of service so I didn’t think that would have been the problem. Next time I will try changing the home to batch 30 or 1 hour, I will most likely wait for the update to make troubleshooting easier. That’s great news about speeding up the efficiency, I was wondering if that what was meant in the brochure.

It is currently the closest remote to the home. And the only camera that is getting a high volume of pics at the current time. There was another camera that I thought may have been linking through it that was getting a lot of pics and slowing it down but I have confirmed that Is not the problem this go around as it’s the only camera getting above 5 pics a day. It done wonderful the first few months of service so I didn’t think that would have been the problem. Next time I will try changing the home to batch 30 or 1 hour, I will most likely wait for the update to make troubleshooting easier. That’s great news about speeding up the efficiency, I was wondering if that what was meant in the brochure.
When you update the firmware to 8.0 replace the camera that is having a hard time keeping up with one of your other remotes , this will tell you if the remote camera is the cause of the issue.

When you update the firmware to 8.0 replace the camera that is having a hard time keeping up with one of your other remotes , this will tell you if the remote camera is the cause of the issue.
Good idea, I’ll try that.

Could you also swap cameras with one of your other remotes?

Roosterstraw- one other thing, when 8.0 firmware becomes available in a week or two it will increase the efficiency by about 33% so updating your cameras with 8.0 firmware will increase the speed and help as well.
So you are saying by Feb 1 that 8.0 should be available?????