Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

So you are saying the externals would die before it flopped over. That poses the question would it flop and how long would you have or what voltage should you limit internals.
Yes but you should limit your internals to 6 volts ,your external should be dead by then, but remember a new D cell alkaline are usually around 1.60 volts not 1.5 volts

Yes but you should limit your internals to 6 volts ,your external should be dead by then, but remember a new D cell alkaline are usually around 1.60 volts not 1.5 volts
So if I am reading this right you are saying John’s wrong, I should be putting new batteries in the camera and used in the external. Which is what I am doing now.

If I enter 4D as Bat Type on a 6D J camera. Will it harm the camera? Will it allow the camera to operate longer and draw battery down lower? Will it indicate Ext Ok?

If I enter 4D as Bat Type on a 6D J camera. Will it harm the camera? Will it allow the camera to operate longer and draw battery down lower? Will it indicate Ext Ok?
Lloyd, this doesnt offer you any benefit, and it will report wrong (yes it will show you EXT ok on the report ) it wont harm your camera but there is no reason to run it that way, you should always set the battery type to what it actually has in it.

put yoru old batteries in the camera and put new in the external pack, this will allow the new to draw down further before switching over to the internals, the camera always goes to the highest voltage and wont switch until the external voltage is lower than the internal.
Does this apply to the 6D J cameras also?

Does this apply to the 6D J cameras also?
no when you are running 6D in the camera and external they run concurrent so there really isnt any benefit, from a cost savings stand point ,if your camera is a 6d you are better off running it without external power.

no when you are running 6D in the camera and external they run concurrent so there really isnt any benefit, from a cost savings stand point ,if your camera is a 6d you are better off running it without external power.
So if you put used batteries at 7.5v in camera and new batteries in an external, it will not draw from the external until they reach the internal voltage and then draw concurrently?

So if you put used batteries at 7.5v in camera and new batteries in an external, it will not draw from the external until they reach the internal voltage and then draw concurrently?
not necessarily, since the internal voltage is still above 6 volts, even if it did, it wouldn't report correctly and you would not know if its doing so. The simple answer is, if you are trying to save as much $ as possible , dont run external when you have a 6d internal system. The most cost effective is a 4D internal with either a 6D booster or a 3600 solar panel .

@john volkman what’s new for 2022 John?
They should release some info soon, theres a new stand alone cell camera that doesnt link called "Tracks" that will compete with the other stand alone cell units.
In regards to Cuddelink, supply chain challenges have us holding off releasing info just yet. As soon as Cuddeback has a better handle on production they will release what is coming. I will say this if you are thinking of adding or starting a new network dont delay or put off a purchase if you want to insure you have what you need for fall. Its very likely we wont be able to meet demand this year. Current ,past and new model Cuddelink units will all work together so no issues mixing and syncing existing product with anything coming new. .

They should release some info soon, theres a new stand alone cell camera that doesnt link called "Tracks" that will compete with the other stand alone cell units.
In regards to Cuddelink, supply chain challenges have us holding off releasing info just yet. As soon as Cuddeback has a better handle on production they will release what is coming. I will say this if you are thinking of adding or starting a new network dont delay or put off a purchase if you want to insure you have what you need for fall. Its very likely we wont be able to meet demand this year. Current ,past and new model Cuddelink units will all work together so no issues mixing and syncing existing product with anything coming new. .
Yes sir crazy times right now is there any current plans to incorporate video sending thru cuddelink?

Yes sir crazy times right now is there any current plans to incorporate video sending thru cuddelink?
not anytime soon. video files are to large to send via RF which is what the CL system uses to transfer images. Even one video attempted to be sent thru RF would bog your entire system down. its just not possible to do efficiently right now.

not anytime soon. video files are to large to send via RF which is what the CL system uses to transfer images. Even one video attempted to be sent thru RF would bog your entire system down. its just not possible to do efficiently right now.
Thanks for info John can’t wait to see what y’all have cooked up

So found out if your cuddelink is on it won’t show video mode in ez or advance but why is it still not taking videos in surveillance mode when cuddelink is on
It is my understanding that it will only do video when cuddelink is OFF regardless of mode.

Yeah I believe so I’m surprised that you can still save videos to card and still use the cuddelink system I’ll see what John says cause it pulls video mode off all settings besides surveillance mode so I’m just wondering now

How does anyone know if videos record with audio or no…I know there is a test for audio but ‍♂️

Well talked to support they said they took the audio off the video mode cause it sounded like “a helicopter” @john volkman any plans for fix on this issue?

I just saw a video showing Cuddelink is coming out with a New model L series. Looks to be little smaller size bigger LCD screen. Anything else you can tell us John or anyone else out there. Question I have will you be able to use this L series with a existing camera system?

I just saw a video showing Cuddelink is coming out with a New model L series. Looks to be little smaller size bigger LCD screen. Anything else you can tell us John or anyone else out there. Question I have will you be able to use this L series with a existing camera system?
I heard the L is replacing the J and G and will work with the older cameras.

Post the video.