Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

you dont need to remove the batteries out of the 3600 to run it as you described., if you havent bought a 3600 yet , a 3501 would work in that application and you could get a deal on one since they are discontinued.
Note, i ran a g cell home with a 3600 panel and nothing other than the 4d rayovacs in all winter in NE wi and never missed a beat, as long as you get 5 or so hours a day that is all you need with the 3600. Also, the new super solar will come out in august that will run camera in shade .

My home camera is in a spot that I think might get an hour or two of sunlight until mid-late October when it should get 6+ hours. I'd like to get July-October on the batteries + limited solar until the solar recharging can be maximized after leaf drop. I got about 4.5 months last year on a 6D external + 4D internal and I've added 8 cameras to my system for this year.

I tried to find a 3501 panel but all my search results are giving me the kit with AA rechargables. Do you know anywhere that has just the 3501 panel?

My home camera is in a spot that I think might get an hour or two of sunlight until mid-late October when it should get 6+ hours. I'd like to get July-October on the batteries + limited solar until the solar recharging can be maximized after leaf drop. I got about 4.5 months last year on a 6D external + 4D internal and I've added 8 cameras to my system for this year.

I tried to find a 3501 panel but all my search results are giving me the kit with AA rechargables. Do you know anywhere that has just the 3501 panel?
the 3501 always came with the aa , so that is the only way you will find it- they were included free, i have a couple dealers that have some left if you need one , pm if you need there info.

I got my Cuddleback system last year and signed up for Cuddlink. Just got new lenses to help with trigger performance. Waiting on new batteries. Mine are G and J models with D cell batteries. I also have two cameras with solar and external battery packs. Got my cameras in August 2022....the firmware was current at that time......do I need to upgrade firmware this year? I cannot see a date on any firmware updates.

you want 8.3 AKA GEN2 firmware on all cameras. that is what is current , i would check them all as the firmware they shipped with may not have been 8.3 even though 8.3 was out last august..

you want 8.3 AKA GEN2 firmware on all cameras. that is what is current , i would check them all as the firmware they shipped with may not have been 8.3 even though 8.3 was out last august..
Thanks John. Will check them later tonight when I put in new batteries. The dealership guys here for Cudde....sure think these new lenses are making a difference in trigger on the cameras. Anxious to get better results this year. I am going to optimize my camera placement too. I was under the gun last fall to get so many things done in short order.....some stuff slipped thru the cracks.

Thanks John. Will check them later tonight when I put in new batteries. The dealership guys here for Cudde....sure think these new lenses are making a difference in trigger on the cameras. Anxious to get better results this year. I am going to optimize my camera placement too. I was under the gun last fall to get so many things done in short order.....some stuff slipped thru the cracks.
the 9004 lens is more sensitive, you will likely get more false or blank images as a result but if you are ok with that you will like the 9004.

John, maybe you mentioned it already in this thread and I missed it but is there going to be another firmware update before the fall? If so do you know when approximately that will be dropping?

John, maybe you mentioned it already in this thread and I missed it but is there going to be another firmware update before the fall? If so do you know when approximately that will be dropping?
at this time not likely and if there was, it wouldnt be critical to anyone using J , G or K series cuddelink - at some point when the new L series arrive its likely there will;l be an update but when that is i dont know.

the 9004 lens is more sensitive, you will likely get more false or blank images as a result but if you are ok with that you will like the 9004.
Just got my cam's out on Sunday. Man....what a difference in numbers of pics. Not much for false triggers or birds. Just now picking up more deer. Glad I got this done. Happy Camper.

I have several Cuddelink set ups running, have for a couple years, and I really like them. The other day, I had one of my cameras start sending me the same two, over and over again. At this point, I have received those two pictures every hour or so (batch of 31 pictures) for two days, and I won’t be able to get out there for another couple of days to reset the camera. Has anyone ever experienced this and is the camera likely shot?

I have several Cuddelink set ups running, have for a couple years, and I really like them. The other day, I had one of my cameras start sending me the same two, over and over again. At this point, I have received those two pictures every hour or so (batch of 31 pictures) for two days, and I won’t be able to get out there for another couple of days to reset the camera. Has anyone ever experienced this and is the camera likely shot?
most often this is an sd card issue, until you can get there and change it out.... Turn the camera delay off on that camera in advanced mode online. Then clear the remote que and the Sd card , also clear the remote que and sd cards of any cameras it links home thru. I would also clear the cell que unless you are worried about losing any pics form that unit. When you get to the camera, pull the SD card and clear the internal memory, By going to commands/ clear without an sd card in it.

@john volkman any info out there on new L model besides LCD display?

@john volkman any info out there on new L model besides LCD display?
the new L series has adjustable sensitivity , does not have an IR filter and has a new battery compartment design. Unfortunately they will be in VERY short supply in 2022 , when we do get the first shipment they wont come anywhere near to meeting demands, and on top of that they will be late,. Several L models wont even be available until 2023. The few we get in 2022 will be IR only. There will not be any black flash in 2022. Anyone wanting to start a network or add to it, i wouldnt wait, id buy what you can now, most dealers are completely out of J an G series, those that still have some will likely run out by end of this month.

@john volkman hey had one more question I have a G series camera that the infrared flash is acting funny had it at too different locations and doing same thing with the flash set to field nothing is hardly showing up total white and set to close it’s still really bright (white) tried this on two different locations one on edge of field and one on wider trail (pics below) first pictures was on field I forgot to change but the second picture is on close setting 007F28EC-9511-4DF0-AE14-6A85CFA652A4.png

Attachments

• 1F0F0C29-C01B-43A9-B00B-7D6C68C7856D.jpeg
    1F0F0C29-C01B-43A9-B00B-7D6C68C7856D.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 6
@john volkman hey had one more question I have a G series camera that the infrared flash is acting funny had it at too different locations and doing same thing with the flash set to field nothing is hardly showing up total white and set to close it’s still really bright (white) tried this on two different locations one on edge of field and one on wider trail (pics below) first pictures was on field I forgot to change but the second picture is on close setting View attachment 44335
moving it to "close" should fix this , if you didnt - make the change on camp.... not using the app, then confirm that the change was made next time you are at the camera - im assuming nothing is on the lens as this can cause that as well.

moving it to "close" should fix this , if you didnt - make the change on camp.... not using the app, then confirm that the change was made next time you are at the camera - im assuming nothing is on the lens as this can cause that as well.
Ok will do I’ll update you with what I find

the new L series has adjustable sensitivity , does not have an IR filter and has a new battery compartment design. Unfortunately they will be in VERY short supply in 2022 , when we do get the first shipment they wont come anywhere near to meeting demands, and on top of that they will be late,. Several L models wont even be available until 2023. The few we get in 2022 will be IR only. There will not be any black flash in 2022. Anyone wanting to start a network or add to it, i wouldnt wait, id buy what you can now, most dealers are completely out of J an G series, those that still have some will likely run out by end of this month.

No white flash/strobe?

No white flash/strobe?
there will be an L series with white flash but it wont be out until mid to late 2023 at the earliest

Has anyone else had issues with an audible 'click' coming from there cuddelinks? I have j-series black flashes and all of them seem like its the IR filter making an audible click when it switches. The deer definitely notice it and stare right at the camera. Anyone have any fixes to quiet it down?

Has anyone else had issues with an audible 'click' coming from there cuddelinks? I have j-series black flashes and all of them seem like its the IR filter making an audible click when it switches. The deer definitely notice it and stare right at the camera. Anyone have any fixes to quiet it down?
there isnt a fix, the filter should only move when the ambient switches from dark to light in the morning and in the evening. if you are testing the camera indoors it will do it constantly because it cant determine the light level. The new L series do not have a filter .