Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

That looks like the new cell cam that’s not cuddelink compatible.
The video says they will be standalone and cuddelink, and come with IR, BF and strobe, which indicates to me it will replace the G and possibly J.

The video says they will be standalone and cuddelink, and come with IR, BF and strobe, which indicates to me it will replace the G and possibly J.
There’s only one antenna port. I don’t see how it could be a stand alone cell and also cuddelink compatible.

Since it only h
There’s only one antenna port. I don’t see how it could be a stand alone cell and also cuddelink compatible.
Since it only has one antenna probably one of the J or G replacements. Not the cell unit.

Since it only h

Since it only has one antenna probably one of the J or G replacements. Not the cell unit.
I heard it's a stand alone cell to broaden Cuddeback market to lower cost cell cams.

there is a new stand alone and a new linking camera coming , supply chain has delayed production and quantities of the linking cameras will be late delivery and in very short supply in 2022, if you are adding to your network dont wait , there will not be enough to meet demand. I would buy J series if you can find them as those are out at Cuddeback and most dealers will run out by this summer.

I'm getting a Error 45 on my cell camera. I took the batteries out hoping it would reset but that didn't work. I'm sure this has come up before but the search forum isn't working for me on my phone.

I'm getting a Error 45 on my cell camera. I took the batteries out hoping it would reset but that didn't work. I'm sure this has come up before but the search forum isn't working for me on my phone.
If using solar, charge batteries and resinsert. If using alkaline or lithium, remove batteries, let camera power down. Try new set of batteries. This should be resolvable.make surer when you pull batteries the screen goes completely blank , if the capacitor still holds a charge it wont reset.

Was at my Cuddback dealers store the other day....and I asked him if anything can be done to improve the camera sensitivity. He told me to bring them in and he would put new lenses in that will improve the sensitivity. He claimed they will get some wind pics that way.....but he was converting his cameras to this new lens too.

I KNOW my cameras have missed some critters that walked in front of those cameras. Would sure like better trigger performance. He said the new lenses are more clear rather than "frosty" like the current lens. Said he can do them In a few minutes. Anyone with some intel on these new lenses?

Was at my Cuddback dealers store the other day....and I asked him if anything can be done to improve the camera sensitivity. He told me to bring them in and he would put new lenses in that will improve the sensitivity. He claimed they will get some wind pics that way.....but he was converting his cameras to this new lens too.

I KNOW my cameras have missed some critters that walked in front of those cameras. Would sure like better trigger performance. He said the new lenses are more clear rather than "frosty" like the current lens. Said he can do them In a few minutes. Anyone with some intel on these new lenses?
I've switched to the 9004 fresnel lenses. Don't get much in the way of wind pics, unless big leaves blow in front of camera. Do get more squirrel, bird, and rabbit pics. Either way, if lense starts to sun bleach out, need to replace.

hes likely referring to the 9004 which is the centered fresnel lens, that lens is more sensitive and will sense at longer distances but the animal will need to cross the center of field of view, you can also get more false images with it. Anytime your fresnel lens gets faded to white you should change them out , its easy and cheap to do.
IF you are having animal sensing issues inside of 25-30 ft its likely an aiming issue and not the lens . Know that the 9004 lens will sense and have images taken at ranges that make ID more difficult because of the distance the animal is at.

John and others, just got some 8 mth old J's with 4D backs. Empty the doors close completely, with Rayovacs installed there is a 1/8 inch+ gap. I can push them closed, but then there is a gap between wire clamp and door stud. Worried about water and ant integrity of battery compartment. Suggestions??
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_145038358_MP.jpg
    IMG_20220613_145038358_MP.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220613_145048173.jpg
    IMG_20220613_145048173.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 17
John and others, just got some 8 mth old J's with 4D backs. Empty the doors close completely, with Rayovacs installed there is a 1/8 inch+ gap. I can push them closed, but then there is a gap between wire clamp and door stud. Worried about water and ant integrity of battery compartment. Suggestions??
Jon
you need to bring the wire clamp down more so it goes over the next "lip" you dont have it far enough down when you close it.

I want to set up the following for my home camera:

3600 solar panel
3563 dual power bank with 6 NiMH rechargeable batteries in bank 1 and 6 Rayovac high energy alkaline in bank 2

Should I remove the battery from the solar panel?

I want to set up the following for my home camera:

3600 solar panel
3563 dual power bank with 6 NiMH rechargeable batteries in bank 1 and 6 Rayovac high energy alkaline in bank 2

Should I remove the battery from the solar panel?
is your home camera a G series or a K series ?
does it take 4D or 6D? that will tell me what model it is

It's a G, takes 4D internal.
you dont need to remove the batteries out of the 3600 to run it as you described., if you havent bought a 3600 yet , a 3501 would work in that application and you could get a deal on one since they are discontinued.
Note, i ran a g cell home with a 3600 panel and nothing other than the 4d rayovacs in all winter in NE wi and never missed a beat, as long as you get 5 or so hours a day that is all you need with the 3600. Also, the new super solar will come out in august that will run camera in shade .

you need to bring the wire clamp down more so it goes over the next "lip" you dont have it far enough down when you close it.
Thanks John, makes me feel like a 14yo. At 65 you would think I'd pay more attention to detail. Humblely, Jon

Thanks John, makes me feel like a 14yo. At 65 you would think I'd pay more attention to detail. Humblely, Jon
dont feel bad, you are far from the first and wont be the last that have thought it closed that way!