Back to school

Minnesota numbers are over 90% of parents want to send the kids back full time but as usual it doesn't seem to matter what the parents want. Taxing Timmy isn't interested in the majority voice---kind or ironic isn't it?

It's much easier to indoctrinate with subliminal messages over the internet than it is in person.

We got our back to school plan today. I only looked briefly but it makes no sense to me. One day a week for 4 weeks then 5 days for one week. Can’t begin to understand that logic

Our plan came out a couple days ago. Looks doable/sustainable if Covid stays under control. They want us to commit to an option for 10 weeks. We can choose in-school or virtual for elementary. Middle & High school can choose virtual or a hybrid (2 day in-school/3 day virtual). Vocational students would do morning virtual and on-site afternoon program. Masks required on bus and in-school. Start times will staggered to reduce how many kids will be on a bus. There might be an on-site after-school day care program again but not sure yet.

I plan to do in-school elementary for my 2 since virtual was very difficult on all of us. Need to decide about busing. They would normally ride different buses morning/afternoon which is not allowed. They will either need dropped off or picked up or both. They are requesting parents drop off/pick up if able to reduce how many need to be bused.

They can make plans all they want But, I don’t see that the teachers will go for any of it from what I see. If the teachers balk on it, which seems to be most districts around here then it will have to be all online so I hope that’s their plan B.

My son is taking a semester of college off. Their plan is to attend on campus with some classes on line from your dorm. Must fill out a temperature check/health check every morning. Must wear a mask everywhere but your dorm room. No visitors in your dorm. Strongly suggesting you not leave campus. No normal holidays because the college shuts down before thanksgiving and finishes the semester on line. He said no thanks let’s see what January looks like.

someting tells me he’s going to be in Missouri all fall.....

Pretty much how I figured this would go. Now in the districts with the big time union players will call the shots. I expect many of the outstate schools in more conservative areas are gonna be holding classes for at least pre K-8. Some will be having high school too. Maybe some of the high risk teachers can take a year off and they can bring in some young teachers for long-term sub jobs.

Capture.PNG

All of my kids are out of grade school, but all of the metro ATL schools will be virtual through the end of the year.

One has two classes left @ UGA that will be online, another is in his second year at a community college that will be in class, and my daughter will be starting @ Mercer on August 17. No holidays, all in class and masks are required except in the dorm.

He left it up to the districts because he knew there was no way in hell schools would have enough room to put desks 6 feet apart or follow any of the other stupid rules. They will be online again or some sort of shitty hybred where it's better than at home but.... And this is K-6, 7-12 will be at home through the election if not the entire year.

All it did was to allow Walz to have his "executive powers" automatically extended, because they need to make calls for change on the drop of a dime now.

If we're going to completely destroy our school systems I just wish they would hurry it up and get it over with already.

How long will it take to figure out if they are going to all be doing distant learning, that they could just have 1 teacher teach the entire nation for each class, for each grade, and there wouldnt be any cost for school buildings. The school my wife teaches for is in a town of 650, and they just approved a 70 million dollar school addition. Not sure how that will get paid!

Probably a very small amount of that money will go to actually fund the building and the rest still gets pissed away at the tax payers expense. The same thing happened where I'm at ten years ago. That project cost 40 million to replace a god damn boiler.

Oh, you don't even want to know how they are going to bend people over to pay for that project. Do you own property---through the roof tax increases coming your way. Do you have an income? same increase. Do you buy anything? same increase---see a pattern? That only applies to the people that work though---the ones that are oppressed will still enjoy having every day off while everyone else pays their bills.

It's much easier to indoctrinate with subliminal messages over the internet than it is in person.

It can have an impact, but a classroom can have a bigger impact. When you control a child's grade, you can control their behavior and way of thinking because you control the group in a classroom which puts huge pressure on the individual.

It can have an impact, but a classroom can have a bigger impact. When you control a child's grade, you can control their behavior and way of thinking because you control the group in a classroom which puts huge pressure on the individual.
My kids all get straight A's and are on the "Deans List" with that being said, since they were all at a young age I have told them that the grade doesn't matter if they are learning the information. I was a very poor student but learned just as much as anyone else did in school. My parents didn't really care what my grades were as long as they were passing. Not the case for my children.

Have we learned nothing from the war on drugs, prostitution, or prohibition? This is a perfect time for black market education.

SD's Plan To Save The Kids:
Find a competent parent that is going to start home schooling.
Offer to have them teach your kid too for $200/mo.
Help them find a total of 10-16 well behaved same-grade kids for that material. What was a payless job, now yields up to $3,000/mo straight cash (cash, remember this is illegal).

Got multiple kids? Find more home schoolers and keep forming illegal learning groups. You can pull all the BS out, put the education back in, and have time left for trades or part time work.

The person teaching will now get some side hustle $$ outta the deal, and his or her own kids would benefit tremendously from having some other kids around. And the best part is, you can pick and choose who gets in. If someone's kid is a $h1thead, he/she/it doesn't get in.

Need a classroom? There is about to be a tsunami of commercial space coming available for pennies. Bring your own damn lunch. This ain't an old country buffet.