Back to school

Hell I'm just hoping my wife, who is now becoming a teacher, will wear some of her old corporate world dresses again and maybe some fishnet stockings rather than her current all-day pajama look. I got her some red pens at Staples yest.

Hell I'm just hoping my wife, who is now becoming a teacher, will wear some of her old corporate world dresses again and maybe some fishnet stockings rather than her current all-day pajama look. I got her some red pens at Staples yest.
You missed the memo. You can’t use red pens anymore. It is very degrading and hurts the child’s feelings. It clearly shows what they got wrong which is just mean.

Shouldn't they get 100% just for trying? That's where we are at today---no winners , just a bunch of participants.

The schools don't want to re open (ours any way) My wife is pissed. The district she teaches in formed a comity of administration and a couple of special ed and other specialized teachers Their union rep of course. Not ONE class room teacher was selected and it was kept hush hush. She showed up at the 8 am meeting anyway. Cant wait to hear back from her.

You missed the memo. You can’t use red pens anymore. It is very degrading and hurts the child’s feelings. It clearly shows what they got wrong which is just mean.

That's funny. That's the running joke in my classroom...no red pens. Teachers use them of course. I use them with extreme prejudice. Hell, I told a kid in my timber frame class that I was going to "poke out his eyes and pee in his skull" if I caught him horsing around with a 2" framing chisel again.

That's funny. That's the running joke in my classroom...no red pens. Teachers use them of course. I use them with extreme prejudice. Hell, I told a kid in my timber frame class that I was going to "poke out his eyes and pee in his skull" if I caught him horsing around with a 2" framing chisel again.

AND that is how it is supposed to be!!!

I had a teacher who was also active in Boy Scouts. On one particular outing we stayed at deer camp and hiked the pine barrens. My friend and I found an old vacuum cleaner that had a reverse button so it blew out air and dirt. We put the hose in his sleeping bag and waited for him to get in before plugging it in.

he literally beat the $hit out of us, as he should have....
Great guy, he didn’t hold a grudge and later let me use his .22 Anschutz to qualify for the NRA D.E.
we’re still friends today.

Minnesota just pushed back the volleyball season to March-May.

I was wrong on my daughters schedule, I was looking at the special needs students. They are going 5 days a week. Mine is going one day a week. Youngest is going 2 days a week. They haven’t figured out bussing yet.

Just heard from my district...we are starting the year with a full online schedule. The plan is to slowly return students to the building by the end of October, but by that time Covid should be spiking across the country and we'll end up home for the entire year.

Just heard from my district...we are starting the year with a full online schedule. The plan is to slowly return students to the building by the end of October, but by that time Covid should be spiking across the country and we'll end up home for the entire year.

sorry to hear that.

I expect to be full remote by Thanksgiving. But I'm hoping they green light the vaccine by the new year. I have a senior daughter so I hope she gets to have a little fun her senior year