Archery Hunters what are you seeing?

Have her LET you hunt for 5 days up north starting tomorrow!:D
Boy that would be fun but I would prolly come home an find my stuff on the front porch with a note saying she sold my skidster an other equipment! Lol
Luckily she doesn't know the code to the gun safe ;)
Na in all seriousness. I got a good women. The situation we are in right now just requires some team work. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I left her. Good luck up there an keep me posted. I'm gonna slip out again fri morning an sat ev

Boy that would be fun but I would prolly come home an find my stuff on the front porch with a note saying she sold my skidster an other equipment! Lol
Luckily she doesn't know the code to the gun safe ;)
Na in all seriousness. I got a good women. The situation we are in right now just requires some team work. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I left her. Good luck up there an keep me posted. I'm gonna slip out again fri morning an sat ev

Just given you the business, you know that! I will send you some pictures! Hopefully of me and the 25 point as well! I may have a buddy coming to hunt this weekend.

My other buddies wife won't let him go either. He said the same thing you did, he would find his crap out in the river he lives on and his wife would sell is Gun safe whole with everything in it! So he won't go! Now that's true love!:eek:

Heading up to NW MN (20 miles from Canadian Border) for a couple of days. Strictly bow hunt and maybe a few beers. I hope we can pull the bow back.

Heading up to NW MN (20 miles from Canadian Border) for a couple of days. Strictly bow hunt and maybe a few beers. I hope we can pull the bow back.

Good Luck, maybe the Pig will walk by! You never know!

Good Luck, maybe the Pig will walk by! You never know!

I sure hope so! I have three cameras up can't wait to see what is up there. Cold temps might get some deer moving.

Here's a story some here might appreciate - my wife didn't quite understand why I was upset. Yesterday I left work early so I could spend the evening in a treestand behind our house. My father-in-law was coming over to spend the day with my wife and kids and when I pull in he was walking with my dog behind my house. Not a huge deal, but somewhat irritating since a doe group often beds by my house and this time of year the bucks occasionally come through. Initially I was happy that I caught him before he messed too much up back there. When I talked to him he told me he was just on his way out walking my dog on the second "loop" of the afternoon. While my baby, 2 year old and wife were taking an afternoon nap, he took my dog on a walk through my entire 40 acre property. I did quite a bit of work in the back woods last winter to make a few thick nasty bedding areas to hopefully keep a few older deer in the neighborhood and I try not to step foot back there unless the wind and timing is perfect - I think I've only been in there 3 times in 6 months. He mentioned that they saw lots of white tails running away when they made their loop through the woods. So I guess I learned that my habitat improvements worked and I was holding quite a few deer back there, but this was not exactly how I wanted to learn my efforts were paying off.

There's a group of does that bed on my neighbor's place and feed in my field, so I went hunting anyway and was happy to see a group still showed up and a small buck chased them all around. Unfortunately nothing showed up from my bedding area and that's typically where the older bucks spend time.

"Can you stay out of there during the hunting season" That is what I would have said.

Here's a story some here might appreciate - my wife didn't quite understand why I was upset. Yesterday I left work early so I could spend the evening in a treestand behind our house. My father-in-law was coming over to spend the day with my wife and kids and when I pull in he was walking with my dog behind my house. Not a huge deal, but somewhat irritating since a doe group often beds by my house and this time of year the bucks occasionally come through. Initially I was happy that I caught him before he messed too much up back there. When I talked to him he told me he was just on his way out walking my dog on the second "loop" of the afternoon. While my baby, 2 year old and wife were taking an afternoon nap, he took my dog on a walk through my entire 40 acre property. I did quite a bit of work in the back woods last winter to make a few thick nasty bedding areas to hopefully keep a few older deer in the neighborhood and I try not to step foot back there unless the wind and timing is perfect - I think I've only been in there 3 times in 6 months. He mentioned that they saw lots of white tails running away when they made their loop through the woods. So I guess I learned that my habitat improvements worked and I was holding quite a few deer back there, but this was not exactly how I wanted to learn my efforts were paying off.

There's a group of does that bed on my neighbor's place and feed in my field, so I went hunting anyway and was happy to see a group still showed up and a small buck chased them all around. Unfortunately nothing showed up from my bedding area and that's typically where the older bucks spend time.
Damn. I would be a lil hacked too. I don't think you are out of line to say somthing. Just be diplomatic about it. Sounds like he didn't know any better

Way different at BuckChaser's Place. I never have to worry about the wifes dad walking any dogs here. My scum bag FIL would never show up here, if he did he would have some fricken teeth missing! We have a great understanding, he doesn't show up here and I won't piss down his throat if he was laying in the ditch with his stomach on fire!:mad:

Yeah, I bit my tongue for the most part and said that he can go for walks back there after the deer season. But I don't think it really sunk in because after I said that and told him I was going hunting he asked if it would mess anything up if he walked back there while I was hunting.

Yeah, I bit my tongue for the most part and said that he can go for walks back there after the deer season. But I don't think it really sunk in because after I said that and told him I was going hunting he asked if it would mess anything up if he walked back there while I was hunting.

He can't be a hunter?

My FIL doesn't hunt, so I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts for wanting to leave the woods undisturbed for the deer. He might be right, but staying out of most of the woods worked really well for us last year, so that's my plan this year as well.

The deer are really moving now in SE MN, but I haven't seen any big bucks moving during daylight yet. Last night I had three 1.5 year old bucks and a 2.5 year old buck chase does in a picked corn field for an hour. Last year the young bucks were chasing for several days before the older made daylight appearances, so I really think this weekend will be good.

Its been slow for me personally, but a guy on the mn land i hunt got a nice buck last night, 19" spread 9pt.

Kittson County NW MN

11 deer....2 bucks (one grunting and chasing)

3 grouse and a few mallards on the river

No deer seen in 3 sits this week at home. Of course after dark I have seen some over the course of the week.

Saw 9 in Missouri tonight with this 8 being the biggest. Pretty young and small!

Saw 9 in Missouri tonight with this 8 being the biggest. Pretty young and small!

That buck will be nice in a few years

Last edited:
601. Hunted all but 3 hours yesterday. Finally at last light a doe and fawn entered my brassica plot. A basket 8 entered 2 minutes later and was paying very close attention to where that doe was feeding. Wouldn't take his eyes off of her. Eventually followed their same path. Unfortunately I only get one more sit before shotgun/rifle opener as I have a week long business trip next week...:(

Had this 8 come into 15 yards this morning.

Saw one six point this morning on destination food plot. I believe the deer are still in the timber on acorns. Very little browsing on my plots. Trail Cams confirm