Archery Hunters what are you seeing?

A little more activity here than what I had been seeing as of late. Passed on my #2 on the hit list buck this a.m.. He is young and hopefully everyone else will let him live as well this year. I think the bucks are still just warming up, didnt see any hard core chasing and one little buck that should have been all lathered up stood in the middle of a picked cornfield eating when 2 does and a fawn trotted by him at 100 yds. The #2 buck did come into the grunt call when I first saw him.

A little more activity here than what I had been seeing as of late. Passed on my #2 on the hit list buck this a.m.. He is young and hopefully everyone else will let him live as well this year. I think the bucks are still just warming up, didnt see any hard core chasing and one little buck that should have been all lathered up stood in the middle of a picked cornfield eating when 2 does and a fawn trotted by him at 100 yds. The #2 buck did come into the grunt call when I first saw him.

How good is Nebraska? I hear it is sleeper state for quality bucks, you see plenty?

My neighbor shot this one in Nebraska last night...

Wow that is a huge buck...great mass/charachter

Biglake please dont take this wrong, but I have never seen a canceled tag on a Nebraska buck like the one in the picture. Did they issue those to non-resident hunters this year? Nice buck no matter where he was killed.

There are places where there are good deer in Nebraska, but I guess that goes for most any state. The best land is almost impossible to get onto without $$. Purchasing land in this state is about as rare because of land prices and taxes. Less than 2% is public land. On a scale of 1- 10 the land I hunt is probably a 6. I generally see 1 buck a year that would be 130" or better, my best killed is upper 160s. Rut falls right in rifle season here, and you can kill 2 bucks a yr. really limits the potential to raise a lot more BIG bucks.

Last edited:
HAAA.... Nice find TC!!! I just texted him... Its a SD buck.. My other neighbor that told me about it said it was Nebraska.
The guy goes on so many trips out of state, I can see where it got confused. :)

If anyone is wondering.... no, the guy doesnt hunt deer in MN except on his 5 acres where he lives.... All his money goes out of state annually....

2 spikes tonight and 3 does. Heard some chasing down in the creek bottom, figured it was another little buck.

I filmed my friends hunt tonight in MN

We saw 11 deer in his corn/soybean food plot. One small buck

I saw one squirrel - not even in bow range. :(

Wow Jim. I took mom out to pizza dinner. We saw 7 deer standing in the ditches on the 12 mile trip home.

I had two wicks of golden estrous hanging.

Someone roughed up one of the mock scrapes last night about 50yds north of where I was too.

My main bedding area smells like piss (the trail goes by it), so there might be real booty to be had and that's why I didn't see anything.

I've been acting as guide for my daughter all week since I got my buck and Tuesday was the only day I would think it was close to the rut. We haven't seen any hard core chasing yet.

Action was definitely better this a.m.. Saw my #2 buck harrassing a doe, a 3x3 that was acting like a brittney spaniel working every bit of cover with his tongue hanging out and a couple of other small bucks on the move. To top it off I saw my #1 hit list buck in a picked cornfield a 1/2 mile from my stand breed a doe 2x. First time I have seen him in person, very glad I havent settled on something less than him. Hopefully he finishes up with that doe and goes on the prowl soon! Thought maybe he was dead I haven't gotten a picture of him in close to 3 weeks.

I surrender. Another weekend of not seeing a deer. 6 weekends and a few extra days mixed in and I have seen 2 deer total. Our entire hunting party has seen 5 deer total in the last three weeks. I did not hear a single shot all weekend, so much for the rut getting them moving.

Chummer man that is rough! I have cried uncle after dealing with more sightings than that.

This morning was pretty good, I had a borderline shooter trot by me a little over 40 yards out but wouldn't stop at all for my grunting and then I had a small fork horn chase a doe within 20 yards. Got out early to spend the rest of the day with my family and now my wife is student teaching all week so I get everyday in the woods

I'm seeing the trees blow today..had a 2 yr old with half his rack busted come cruising by hut that's it so far for this morning. Clouds should clear up in an hour or 2 according to AccuWeather. Not sure if I'm staying in this spot or moving closer to the bedding areas

I'm seeing the trees blow today..had a 2 yr old with half his rack busted come cruising by hut that's it so far for this morning. Clouds should clear up in an hour or 2 according to AccuWeather. Not sure if I'm staying in this spot or moving closer to the bedding areas

You need to get right in there beds right now! When the wind blows hard they can't wind you as easy anyways! That is where I will be all day tomorrow!

You need to get right in there beds right now! When the wind blows hard they can't wind you as easy anyways! That is where I will be all day tomorrow!
I ended up staying in the same spot and didn't see anything after about 2. I'm gonna cuddle right up with he the girls in the morning and see what happens