This is an interesting listing

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +

Maybe one of the best properties in the country I would assume. The contiguous acreage in that part of the country would be tough to beat anywhere. With that said it’s a tall ask to have someone part with $12 mil for 49% ownership in land. Nevermind there’s no accommodations and it’s just raw land, it’s more that for that amount of money you aren’t even the controlling member. If I know anything about rich people it’s the like to be in control. Additionally I imagine the resale has to be a tough proposition for whoever buys at that basis. You are talking only a handful of people in the country are going to spend $12 mil on a whitetail property (without a lodge) and even a smaller handful are going to be a minority owner. Good luck to the seller, I’m sure it’s amazing but it doesn’t add it to me.

Well, let me just break into my piggy bank and see how much I have………..

But you get to take two deer per year, not just one.

I wonder how the hell they keep a lid on the population like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically you are buying into half taxes, and you can only do what the other owner allows you to do. Seems like a steal!

I’d buy 12 million $$ worth of my own land instead ! If I had that kind of money ! That is a real long shot !

Winke used to own shares of this farm .

I noticed winke in some of the pics from way back too
Haha yeah I see that now. Geez they had to drag up some old teenager pics of his to help sell this farm?

How would they work that out with big bucks/core areas ? Each guy gets a zone or area ? Can’t be a free for all ?

Amazing! Some real studs for bucks. At $6,900/ac not a bad price. I will have to talk to the wife to see what is under the mattress and buried in the backyard.😀

So, it looks like even though you would only own just shy of 50%… you would be the largest share owner. I think the rest of the shares would be owned between 6 people if o read correctly.

Still, I would NEVER buy into a situation like that. I’d much rather have 12 million bucks worth of a MASSIVE place in any decent deer state. I could get consistently into monsters, and control much more land, in Oklahoma for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this type of listing is only going to make sense for someone like a pro athlete who is going to be limited on time but still willing to pay to hunt the best habitat possible.

It's seems like for 12 million you could buy 100% of almost as many acres and still get the same effect, without having to share ownership and run decisions by others. If I had that kind of FU money, I would just piece together 2000 acres in Missouri and call it good.

I think this type of listing is only going to make sense for someone like a pro athlete who is going to be limited on time but still willing to pay to hunt the best habitat possible.

It's seems like for 12 million you could buy 100% of almost as many acres and still get the same effect, without having to share ownership and run decisions by others. If I had that kind of FU money, I would just piece together 2000 acres in Missouri and call it good.
12 mil budget I’m buying a $6 mil iowa farm and a $6 mil western ranch and calling it a day!

I wouldn't go near it. If I had that kind of money I would find it much more enjoyable to buy a big chunk of wilderness somewhere and use it as a blank canvas to build a place of my own design. A turn-key hunting ranch would be nice, but I can't imagine dropping that much money on a minority share.