Missouri guys - who is planting this weekend?

My plans for a Labor Day planting didn't materialize, but I did get out yesterday based on the hope (50%) of rain on Monday. We've had no measurable rain in the past month at home or at the cabin. I planted the cabin on August 15 with the forecast of rain that week, which never materialized.

Here is one of the plots (1/2 acre) which is older NWSG, clover and some undesirables making their presence known. The EQIP has approved this plot for "wildlife" so I am converting it to a more traditional food plot. I drilled into the existing vegetation, spot treating the worst of the invasive.

IMG_3383.jpeg
IMG_3384.jpeg

It’s been a week since I planted and we had just a little half hour shower in the last week. But there’s already something growing. No rain in the forecast but hopefully the cooler days and nights and the morning dew keep things going. I’m feeling hopeful. IMG_1677.jpegIMG_1676.jpeg

rye goes in the beans later this week or early next. Starting to see some yellow in them.

Reactions: 356
I’ve got another 25lb bag of Durano white clover I need to broadcast but we fixed a barn roof yesterday and I made sausage, shot a little with the boys and welded together a new battery box for one of the boys 4 wheelers today. The plastic battery box broke loose from the main body panel and the battery was hanging from the wires. We welded together a steel box that bolts to the frame that the original plastic box slides into shouldn’t ever have that issue again.

Threw more wheat on the plot behind the house this evening after watering trees most of the day. Finally some rain moving through, its been a long time.Screenshot_20230916-202335.png

Wish I could get up north and layer my rye planting with half planted and half going in in two weeks but due to work that's not gonna happen. If I get any pictures from my fields I will share them later.