I hate big decisions

So update...maybe the least likely option actually happened. We are going to be moving to the Nashville area next month. An opportunity presented itself a while back and I had put it on the back burner due to us being pregnant with out first child. Now that we realize we can actually manage this parent thing we have the confidence to take this next step. In terms of my land, it’s huge, right at two hours away instead of 6. Total difference maker. Professionally it’s going to allow me to take back my life. I had a wonderful job financially that afforded me things I couldn’t have imagined obtaining before I was 40. But as often does it came at a cost. I was a married to a cell phone and had to be accessible 7 days a week. I haven’t had a Saturday morning in the stand, or in the Turkey woods or fishing or even relaxing with family where I wasn’t sitting on my phone dealing with issues...or a Sunday evening with the cycle repeating. Hell I quit hunting for 3-4 years cause it just wasn’t worth the hassle. I bought a brand new bass boat in 2017, it has under 200 hours on it if that tells you anything.
So with all that said it’s bittersweet to be leaving. We built a beautiful home on a big lake that we love but we are super pumped about the next chapter. And man the plans I have for my place...most of them revolve around sitting on my front porch enjoying a beer without been rushed to do this or that or get out of there so I can make it home before midnight!
thanks for letting me ramble, I just thought it was ironic this thread got bumped today.

Sounds great,it sounds so hard to me but I can be in a tree in 15 minutes.

But as often does it came at a cost. I was a married to a cell phone and had to be accessible 7 days a week.
I was on a cell phone in Disney when my boy was about 7. Like you many good things came from it. But I’m, glad it’s over.

Good for you and congratulations!

I was on a cell phone in Disney when my boy was about 7. Like you many good things came from it. But I’m, glad it’s over.

Good for you and congratulations!
I was on the phone on my wedding day, birth of my child and had to plan every vacation around cell service. I may cry tears of joy when that phone number is no longer mine!

Congrats, glad to hear it worked out to your advantage. I, as many others, can relate to the work situation where it pays and allows many things but the tradeoffs weigh on you after awhile. Ironically COVID likely permanently changed mine, I went from spending 3mo/yr in hotels to zero. It will likely go back to non-zero but we don't ever expect it to be the same.

I envision many mornings on the porch of my hunting cabin for which I'm now finishing the foundation pad as a result....

Congrats on the change!